Author Topic: why are american's so repressed?  (Read 24954 times)

ggw

Re: why are american's so repressed?
« Reply #105 on: March 12, 2004, 01:51:00 pm »
Once I hit 25 and had access to the full ggwâ?¢ trust fund, I stopped receiving monthly stipends from Mumsy and Dadsy.

markie

« Reply #106 on: March 12, 2004, 01:55:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:
  You're getting off track here...we're discussing wether parents owe their kids a college education, not wether a college education makes you live longer or earn more money....do you learn not to run in front of buses or something at college?

I smelt of rotten fruit for days after I had finished working at the fruit and veg store.

If parents can afford to help pay for education I think they should. So did the state, in the UK at least.

I was thinking of buying my parents a computer to pay them back, as they probably wouldnt take the cash back anyhow. They would say "save it for your downpayment". Which is what I should do.

G.Love

« Reply #107 on: March 12, 2004, 01:58:00 pm »
all right!! too many arguments going on at one time.  
 To summarize:

Numbers are like $20 whores, you can do anything you want with them!!!  So the ranking system is all relative to the methodologies and what the School's PR dept. does is another story.

I never claimed that UMD was the best, but it is a good value for a good education - which was meant to find a flaw in Dupek's original statement about good-in football schools.

I am not Jay-Z, but I am diverse!

UVA fans have a great chant when they are losing in an athletic contest:
 "That's all right, that's okay, because you'll be working for us one day!"

« Reply #108 on: March 12, 2004, 02:02:00 pm »
Did you guys see the Apprentice last night?

First though that came to my mind was "Those two whities will probably make the poor black dude be the rickshaw driver"

Sure enough, they did, racist fuckers.

Bags

« Reply #109 on: March 12, 2004, 02:04:00 pm »
Originally posted by Groundkeeper's Willy:
  UVA fans have a great chant when they are losing in an athletic contest:
 "That's all right, that's okay, because you'll be working for us one day!"
Yale, Harvard, Princeton all have the same cheer.  I thought it was hysterical to hear Princeton students yelling that at U. Penn students during a football game.  "Uhm, okay.  Wait, we have Wharton!"

G.Love

« Reply #110 on: March 12, 2004, 02:04:00 pm »
Originally posted by bunnyballs:

First though that came to my mind was "Those two whities will probably make the poor black dude be the rickshaw driver"

Yeah, but Kwame should have gotten the axe, not the chick.  It's down to less T&A now!

keithstg

« Reply #111 on: March 12, 2004, 02:06:00 pm »

Yeah, but Kwame should have gotten the axe, not the chick.  It's down to less T&A now! [/b]
I think Kwame is going to go much further in that situation. He knows how to stay under the radar very well, it seems like...

mankie

« Reply #112 on: March 12, 2004, 02:10:00 pm »

I did say to my wife the reason the black bloke isn't getting any fares is because he's black, they should've gone with old country boy from the start because he's a novelty in NYC. I also said advertizing was the key to success, which it was.....another way they should've done it was to have a contract with a restaurant or bar off the main drag around Times Square for free rides from Times Square to their establishment, that would've been guaranteed income regardless of how many customers they get...all this without a college degree, go figure!  ;)  

Does anyone else get the feeling Trump has already decided who he wants, and it's that Nick character?

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #113 on: March 12, 2004, 02:10:00 pm »
umcp alumi here.  i grew up spending a lot of time on campus, and always wanted to attend.  when it came time to look at colleges, i felt more of a need for a smaller, more intensive school.

what i found was the honors program at umcp.  i had all of the intellectual stimulation and advantages of a small liberal arts college (small classes, dedicated faculty, up to date facilities, varied and challenging subject matter), nestled in the middle of a thriving state university that had a lot to offer on it's own.  for me, it was a perfect combination.  

i also worked between one and three part time jobs while attending school full time to help pay for my education.  i wouldn't have been able to do it as quickly without my parents' help, but i did contribute my part.  that's what i would expect from any children i may have.

mankie

« Reply #114 on: March 12, 2004, 02:13:00 pm »

Yeah, but Kwame should have gotten the axe, not the chick.  It's down to less T&A now! [/b]
Heidi T&A??? Sheeze, that's stretching it a bit isn't it?

I think they fired the right one last night, her heart wasn't in it since her mother got ill, and she's too rough under the collar to run a corporation anyway.

G.Love

« Reply #115 on: March 12, 2004, 02:24:00 pm »
Heidi had a butter face.
 but she wasn't afraid to use sex to sell early on in the competition.

« Reply #116 on: March 12, 2004, 02:30:00 pm »
If Heidi is TandA to you, you must subscribe to the "anything under 200 lbs is fuckable" school of thought?

Heidi had a butter face.

mankie

« Reply #117 on: March 12, 2004, 02:34:00 pm »
  Heidi had a butter face.
All the women used sex in the early stages, then that prissey bitch, the real estate agent was "all offended" when it was suggested last night. I hope she gets hoofed next week, the cow!

« Reply #118 on: March 12, 2004, 02:35:00 pm »

Celeste

« Reply #119 on: March 12, 2004, 03:31:00 pm »
Originally posted by keithstg:
  in my experience, people who worked hard at liberal arts schools for undergrand tend to outperform those who worked hard at universities for undergrad.
I know that stands true for me...though I went to a school virtually unknown outside of the general locale...

Still, you shouldn't dis MD...hell, if a person has a good paying job, that's something there...do we really need more academics who don't know how to DO a damn thing?