Author Topic: Service charges a little high?  (Read 32857 times)

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
Re: Service charges a little high?
« Reply #90 on: December 17, 2009, 02:52:59 pm »
Oh maybe BAM did sell out. A friend had said it didn't. Town Hall is a nice venue and has great sound. They were great there last time I saw them.

Didn't Bam sell out a while ago?

I kinda want to do one or both of the Town Hall shows. I imagine that being the perfect venue for them.
The Antony show I saw there sounded amazingly crisp.

HeyLa

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #91 on: December 17, 2009, 05:51:09 pm »
what i was really hoping for was a break-down of what % of the face value does the band get, vs. promoters, venues, etc; what % of the surchages get kicked back to the venue... the real nitty-gritty of concert finance.

Why?  If I go to McD's for a burger do I care what the cashier is getting paid, how much the manager makes, or what they pay in advertising?  All I need to know is how much the burger is and then I decide if I think its worth that much.

This whole thing is very basic.  If you don't want to pay the asking price for any product/service/whatever, then simply do not pay.  The consumer sets the price in the free market system by making their purchasing decisions.
FUKIT

fatskippy

« Reply #92 on: December 18, 2009, 04:01:44 pm »
These idiots need to just move over to ticketmaster already.  What was the point of switching ticketing agencies if the fees are higher than the old one?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #93 on: December 18, 2009, 04:23:48 pm »
These idiots need to just move over to ticketmaster already.  What was the point of switching ticketing agencies if the fees are higher than the old one?

I think the fact that Seth testified in front of Congress about the proposed merger between TicketMaster and LiveNation might have something to do with that decision.
T.Rex

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #94 on: December 18, 2009, 04:29:40 pm »

check your 'tude, bra

_\|/_

mr_goodbomb

« Reply #95 on: December 26, 2009, 11:26:12 pm »
again, you're not organizing, you're a lone voice ranting (in a really whiny way, FYI).  a good organizer would have gotten his friends to understand the injustice at hand and motivated them to do something as minimal as sign up for a free board and say "me too".

Oh, give me a fucking break. Plenty of people here have come forward and agreed, and apparently, I'm not even close to being the first to complain about this situation. What difference does it make? If Seth doesn't give a fuck, then he doesn't give a fuck. Maybe when his venue is bankrupt, he will. Here's to hoping.

100% guaranteed that this show didn't sell out in advance.  you could have walked in to the show paying nothing more than face.  don't want to drive down to DC and risk a sold-out show?  ask in the FAQ if tickets will be available at the door.  oh, wait, that might be construed as sending a message to the club... nevermind.

Sold out last year, same artist, almost the same date. I dunno what your little Wikipedia adventure is supposed to prove.

as mentioned previously, the 930 club's surcharges are in line with other large venues.  maybe you don't make it out to big-city shows that often?  to prove it to yourself, please try ordering tickets from livenation, or ticketmaster, or another venue using ticketfly.  you'll see that surcharges are similar.  i'm not saying you don't have a right to protest, but you make it sound like it's something that only the 930 club does.  are you ranting on livenation.com too?  or do you think that the 930 owes you something?

I don't go to livenation, I don't go to other venues. I don't give a flying fuck what they charge, because I don't go there. I came here for a show, and the prices were goddamn ridiculous. It's that simple.

do you seriously think that seth stays up late at night, dreaming up new & innovative ways to piss of his customers - because he hates them?  do you think he's been in business this long by alienating people?

No, I think he doesn't care. There's a big difference between malevolence and apathy, but when you are charging people for a SERVICE, apathy for their needs is unacceptable.

you're 14 years old, aren't you?

Hmm, well, judging from your illogical responses and half-assed remarks, I could have assumed the very same.

Honestly, charge whatever you want. I've made myself clear, as have many others, on the topic, and have expressed my feelings on the matter repeatedly. There's not much that can be done if the management doesn't care for what their customers think. I've been going to this venue for almost 10 years, so being a "paying customer" who gives you "lots of money," as you so put it, has never been a question. I won't be visiting this venue, or this forum, any longer. It's quite apparent that this topic, and the issue it presses on, have been covered repeatedly, and yet those responsible have no concern for it. I can sit an argue with various anonymous people who have no control over the issue for as long as I want, but it doesn't make a difference. It's the management who matters, and clearly, the management in question has no care for the people who've put them where they are. Good luck in the future, with these kinds of practices and by treating your potential customers this way, you're DEFINITELY going to need a LOT of it.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 11:40:55 pm by mr_goodbomb »

azaghal1981

« Reply #96 on: December 27, 2009, 03:47:06 am »
City and Colour sold out the slightly-bigger-than-half-the-size-of-930 Black Cat last January. William Elliott Whitmore opened. I was at 930 for a different show that night and remember remarking to a staffer that "I should've went to William Elliott Whitmore instead of this" (in reference to the boring show that was there that night) or something to that effect.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 03:51:20 am by azaghal1981 »
احمد

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #97 on: December 27, 2009, 12:01:00 pm »
well you're just a pooh-pooh head Mr Goodbomb

hmmpphh

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #98 on: December 27, 2009, 01:11:08 pm »
Lots more words and yet not the simpliest of questions in the FAQ forum.....
T.Rex

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #99 on: December 27, 2009, 05:01:39 pm »
Mr. Goodbomb is a douche.   And my guess is he will neither stop posting here (although he'll change his user name) nor will he stop buying tickets to shows.

_\|/_

betao

« Reply #100 on: January 05, 2010, 02:25:33 pm »
*BUMP*

I don't know if anyone else has noticed/mentioned, but it seems that TM could be taking some thought into what we have said.

After looking up some AC/DC tourdates (don't ask why, it's not for me), I came across this. I was just checking to see how much they were, and the page showed the grand total with fees included - kinda what we've been asking Seth to do.

It showed this:

$104.40 ($89.50 ticket + $14.90 fees)

here's the link for it: http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/070043087E5852CE?artistid=1170951&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=200

Not every show on TM appears like this, but I think its kinda cool that they now give you the grand total before hand.

Just thought I'd mention it. Maybe the rest of their shows are going to be like that?

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #101 on: January 05, 2010, 02:30:15 pm »
*BUMP*

I don't know if anyone else has noticed/mentioned, but it seems that TM could be taking some thought into what we have said.

After looking up some AC/DC tourdates (don't ask why, it's not for me), I came across this. I was just checking to see how much they were, and the page showed the grand total with fees included - kinda what we've been asking Seth to do.

It showed this:

$104.40 ($89.50 ticket + $14.90 fees)

here's the link for it: http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/070043087E5852CE?artistid=1170951&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=200

Not every show on TM appears like this, but I think its kinda cool that they now give you the grand total before hand.

Just thought I'd mention it. Maybe the rest of their shows are going to be like that?

I was looking at muse tix in bmore today and noticed the same thing.  Fees were all outlined for you on the order page before you purchased.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #102 on: January 05, 2010, 03:24:40 pm »
So the show that spawned this thread occurs thur, wonder if surcharge free tickets will still be available at the box office....
T.Rex

azaghal1981

« Reply #103 on: January 05, 2010, 03:34:49 pm »
Of course they will.

Which will render this thread a giant waste of bandwidth.
احمد

vansmack

« Reply #104 on: January 05, 2010, 03:45:55 pm »
Of course they will.

Which will render this thread a giant waste of bandwidth.

Best thing I've heard in 2010....
27>34