Author Topic: Ok who's snowball fight?  (Read 7552 times)

James Ford

Re: Ok who's snowball fight?
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2009, 07:33:23 pm »
I held off commenting on this but after seeing footage and a report on the news about it, I see nothing that was done wrong.  The cop was responding to a call about the snowball fight and the report he got was that someone was there with a weapon and it was unclear as to whether it was drawn or not.  The video showed the cop unsnap the his holster and drawn his gun out of the holster all the while keeping it aimed at the ground.  The gun was unholstered for a matter of seconds and when he saw that the situation was 'safe' (fill in whatever word you want here) he reholstered his weapon.  Not a thing done wrong.  In fact he did exactly what he should have done.  Some of the people who are whining about this, not necessarily anyone on this forum, would have been the very same ones wanting to crucify the cops for not taking firmer action had the person with a gun at the snowball fight done harm to anyone with that gun.

Perhaps I read a totally different account of the story, but my take was that this guy was an off duty cop who happened to be driving by and got caught in a snowball fight and that HE was the one who brandished the gun.

Where did you read that he was an on duty police officer responding to a call about a man with a gun?

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2009, 07:57:29 pm »
My take is that RatBastard confused which cop is in question. Sounds like he thinks the one he saw in the video was the person who everyone is upset with. From what I can tell, the one RatBastard discribed was the on-duty cop who responded to the call, did his job, and did it exactly as he should have. No one had a problem with him.

It was the off-duty cop who got out of his Hummer and started waving his gun around and didn't even identify himself as a cop who the whole country is pissed off with, and rightfully so. Even if he would have IDed himself as such, there was absolutely no need for pulling a weapon out. You can argue all you want about the innocent snowball action, both with good and bad points, but in no way does that incident call for such extreme force.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2009, 09:35:37 pm »
OK in that case I do indeed stand corrected!  (My dyslexia strikes again.)  I was under the impression from scanning the posts that people were upset with the officer responding to the call.  Thanks for clearing that up.
FUKIT

vansmack

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2009, 04:15:55 am »
I've read all of this and my only comment is that "douche" and "douchebag" are overused, abused and dead.

I'm bringing back "taint" and "taintbag" so don't be surprised if the vast majority of my posts in 2010 are correcting this nomenclature.
27>34

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2009, 10:20:12 am »
What's a good synonym for "douchebag?"   I find myself using the term too much, but sometimes it fits so perfectly.    ("Taintbag" ain't it).

The Wikipedia definition is quite accurate:

Douchebag, or simply douche, is considered to be a pejorative term in North America and other English speaking countries. In some English speaking countries the term is not well known. The slang usage of the term dates back to the 1960s.[6] The term refers to a person with a variety of negative qualities, specifically arrogance and engaging in obnoxious and/or irritating actions without malicious intent.

_\|/_

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2009, 11:31:31 am »
As someone that used to be young, I can say I would've peg the shit out of a Hummer and any vehicle rollin' down the street.

Doesn't make it right. I only wish that cop or any other driver would have blown your ass away and taught these yuppie jerkoffs a lesson.

Go fuck yourself.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2009, 11:43:03 am »
As someone that used to be young, I can say I would've peg the shit out of a Hummer and any vehicle rollin' down the street.

Doesn't make it right. I only wish that cop or any other driver would have blown your ass away and taught these yuppie jerkoffs a lesson.

Go fuck yourself.

The latest addition to the forum naughty list.....
T.Rex

James Ford

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2009, 11:44:33 am »
What's a good synonym for "douchebag?"   I find myself using the term too much, but sometimes it fits so perfectly.    ("Taintbag" ain't it).

The Wikipedia definition is quite accurate:

Douchebag, or simply douche, is considered to be a pejorative term in North America and other English speaking countries. In some English speaking countries the term is not well known. The slang usage of the term dates back to the 1960s.[6] The term refers to a person with a variety of negative qualities, specifically arrogance and engaging in obnoxious and/or irritating actions without malicious intent.

I find myself using "doombag" quite a bit. Not sure if others do as well.

Motherfucking doomlink baby!

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2009, 11:57:24 am »

Go fuck yourself.

this seems a bit over the top....

_\|/_