Author Topic: Snowball Justice Has Been Achieved  (Read 10079 times)

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
Re: Snowball Justice Has Been Achieved
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2010, 05:54:54 pm »
And that's probably why I don't read "Julian's America."   I would argue that if you throw stuff at cops, you *do* have it coming.
No, I agree with you on this. This "presumably" rich person (and I'm more willing to bet it's a hipster doofus then an actual trust fund kid, just offhand) had it coming. But all rich people do not.

nkotb

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2010, 06:00:56 pm »
And that's probably why I don't read "Julian's America."   I would argue that if you throw stuff at cops, you *do* have it coming.
No, I agree with you on this. This "presumably" rich person (and I'm more willing to bet it's a hipster doofus then an actual trust fund kid, just offhand) had it coming. But all rich people do not.

Hipster doofi, almost by definition, come from wealth.  It takes money to live in the city, ride a fixie, sit at a cafe with your Macbook, and work part time at a vegan laundromat.   Maybe living in a group house in the city was cheap 30 years ago, but those days are long gone.
_\|/_

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2010, 06:12:24 pm »
Hipster doofi, almost by definition, come from wealth.  It takes money to live in the city, ride a fixie, sit at a cafe with your Macbook, and work part time at a vegan laundromat.   Maybe living in a group house in the city was cheap 30 years ago, but those days are long gone.
Oh no no no no. I can't even begin to tell you what's wrong with that characterization. We'll get into it tomorrow, I'm going home now.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2010, 06:39:01 pm »
Hey, folks! Feeling a little blue and even a bit anti-climatic now that the Snowpocalypse Pt.II has departed?

Never fear. Keep a look out for on or about Feb. 15th and Feb. 19th.

Just in case, you know.  ;)

Cali

« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2010, 12:31:18 am »
there's also this. not sure if it will really happen or not
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 12:32:53 am by Cali »

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2010, 05:04:54 pm »
And since we're calling a spade a spade, this will never be a felony charge.  With no outstanding warrants (or series of previous arrests) this will be pled down to a misdemeanor and sentenced to community service.  It will take the cops longer to do the paperwork then it will to do the community service - ridiculous waste of taxpayer money.

You're an idiot. The fact she's being charged with a felony instead of a misdemeanor is going to cost her thousands, that's in FOUR FUCKING FIGURES, of dollars more in legal fees. So, it really doesn't matter if the charge is going to get knocked down or not because SHE'S GONNA PAY FOR IT.

Dumbfuck.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2010, 05:11:08 pm »
Didn't any of you dipshits watch the local news coverage of the storm? Of course not, you were all out throwing snowballs at unwilling participants, just to have a little fun. The news coverage of the snowball felching in Dupont Circle showed moving vehicles being PLASTERED with snowballs left and right. The reporters who were reporting from Dupont were getting ASSAULTED with snowballs. And not just in the back, but in the fucking head! Where the fuck were the police here?

Seriously, if it were a bunch of minorities, they'd be busting out the non-lethal weapons and tear gas to break it up, but since it's a bunch of yuppie white kids, the police waste taxpayers' money "observing" the situation.

You people make me fucking sick.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2010, 05:36:16 pm »
i think TMUL needs a hug.

and a life.
<sig>

nkotb

« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2010, 05:37:04 pm »
At the very least, a BJ.

and a life.

« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2010, 05:39:29 pm »
At the very least, a BJ.

and a life.
There's a snowblowing joke somewhere in here, but for the life of me, I can't find it.

ggw

« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2010, 05:41:22 pm »
At the very least, a BJ.

and a life.
There's a snowblowing joke somewhere in here, but for the life of me, I can't find it.

There is the obvious snowballing joke.

« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2010, 05:44:34 pm »
There is the obvious snowballing joke.
Yeah, that's what I was getting at.

vansmack

« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2010, 06:26:37 pm »
You're an idiot.

Dumbfuck.

First off, azaghal1981 called you names, not me, so back the fuck off and show me AT LEAST the respect I've shown you.

Second, allow me to refer you to a case known as Gideon vs Wainwright where the US Supreme Court says money will never be an object when it comes to somebody's defense.  The accused always has the opportunity to use a court appointed attorney FREE OF CHARGE.  I'm not saying she should take this approach, but it's available to her.

Thirdly, the fact that the accused CAN be charged of a felony does not mean that the accused WILL be charged of a felony, but as we know in this case, Maria Lewis was charged with a felony.  That does not preclude any District Attorney from pleaing the case down with her counsel to a misdemeanor to (1) avoid trial, or (2) due to lack of sufficient evidence [good luck proving she threw it] or (3) to avoid public outcry if the punishment does not fit the crime.

And lastly, I said nothing about her out of pocket expenses in this case in the post of mine that you quoted.  I did, however, note that the DC taxpayer will be on the hook for a lot (or (1) the cops time,(2) the book officer/processing time (3) the DA's time and even perhaps (4) the Public Defenders time).  I'm not even going out on a limb here by saying that those costs will far out weigh the costs incurred by Maria Lewis.

I'm not in DC so someone feel free to post what the final outcome of this case is, I'd love to see it.  And I'm taking all bets that Maria Lewis will not serve 1 year in jail (a Felony) for this.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 06:58:20 pm by vansmack »
27>34

azaghal1981

« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2010, 07:07:49 pm »
So Smacky, you're saying that there isn't a snowball's chance in hell of the felony charge sticking?
احمد