Author Topic: Lollapalooza 2010  (Read 32412 times)

wml7

Lollapalooza 2010
« on: March 10, 2010, 07:31:38 pm »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Lollapalooza 2010
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 08:20:36 pm »
Strokes, Arcade Fire, Soundgarden, Phoenix: solid, but not enough to get me on a plane.  guess it will depend on the middle of the bill.
<sig>

killsaly

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 09:05:56 pm »
Looks ok.  I might do it as well, depending on those non named acts.  I want to do one festival this year, and i am already ruling out anything with camping.  Good thing i have access to an apartment in Chicago. 

I will say i do really want to see the Strokes though. 

wml7

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 09:06:39 pm »
Looks ok.  I might do it as well, depending on those non named acts.  I want to do one festival this year, and i am already ruling out anything with camping.  Good thing i have access to an apartment in Chicago. 

I will say i do really want to see the Strokes though. 

apartment? Party at killsaly's  ;D

killsaly

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 09:17:56 pm »
Well, party at killsaly's best friend's Dad's apartment in the city that he rarely uses since he has a house in Joliet and commutes. 

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 10:55:54 pm »
seriously.  doesn't matter where the after party is at, as long as there is one.

I want to do one festival this year, and i am already ruling out anything with camping. 

FYI, most people drive in & out of coachella everyday, and stay in hotels in indio, palm springs, etc.  as both azaghal and i will attest (he on the negative side, me on the positive), camping at coachella is a bad idea.

all that to say that you can add coachella to your non-camping festival options.
<sig>

killsaly

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 12:55:26 am »
Coachella  would be fun for next year. I will be in class while it is happening this year. 

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 11:57:21 am »
tickets now on sale.  $175's sold out, currently $190 (will be $215 once that batch are sold out).

official line-up announcement next tuesday (april 6).
<sig>

wml7

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 12:06:52 pm »
tickets now on sale.  $175's sold out, currently $190 (will be $215 once that batch are sold out).

official line-up announcement next tuesday (april 6).

Yay for the souvenir tickets  ;D

walkonby

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2010, 04:48:48 pm »
have festivals and the sights and years of doing them dried up yet?  meaning, i have done my share in various genres of musical precedence and camping and r-ving and walking/standing for six to nine hours straight . . . and for some reason i have grown tired.  not old enough to say i'm too old, and maybe just bored of the fact they can be annoying on so many levels that sometimes you weigh the overall experience out as worth it.  or is just me.  even this year's all good festival cannot excite me to do it once again with a tent, even though this year's lineup is an amazing feet that walther was able to book.  maybe it is just me.

eros

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2010, 05:38:44 pm »
have festivals and the sights and years of doing them dried up yet?  meaning, i have done my share in various genres of musical precedence and camping and r-ving and walking/standing for six to nine hours straight . . . and for some reason i have grown tired.  not old enough to say i'm too old, and maybe just bored of the fact they can be annoying on so many levels that sometimes you weigh the overall experience out as worth it.  or is just me.  even this year's all good festival cannot excite me to do it once again with a tent, even though this year's lineup is an amazing feet that walther was able to book.  maybe it is just me.

I'm maybe a little bit older than the average poster here and I love going to festivals.  Maybe I've passed that stage where I think I might be too old and am into the full fuck-it-don't-give-a-shit phase.  Maybe it's also because Lollapalooza is an annual guys' trip thing for me and a few friends every year.  I also like give myself a little pat on the back when I prove that I can still hang while drinking beer for 10 hours a day in the hot sun all weekend.

And BTW it has nothing to do (at least for me) with camping vs. hotels.  I wouldn't have camped when I was 21.
ʎɐʍou

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2010, 11:19:36 pm »
camping and r-ving and walking/standing for six to nine hours straight . . . and for some reason i have grown tired.  not old enough to say i'm too old, and maybe just bored of the fact they can be annoying on so many levels that sometimes you weigh the overall experience out as worth it. 

with festivals like lollapalooza and coachella, you don't have to camp - hotels are the way to go.  the festival experience in quite different when you can come back to a warm shower and a comfy mattress.  and if you're willing to blow some coin, most VIP packages will ensure that you don't have to stand all day.
<sig>

nkotb

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2010, 08:59:49 am »
I'm with you.  The allure of seeing band's I've already seen play 1) much shorter sets 2) on a much larger stage 3) with a much larger crowd doesn't really thrill me any longer.  As much fun as I had at festivals in the past, most of the memories were formed by the non-musical moments with friends.  And it has nothing to do with being old or being tired...I just don't think a musical festival is really about the music.  But that's just me.

azaghal1981

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2010, 09:20:38 am »
^Could not have put it any better.

I could see myself doing something like a Terrastock or an ATP but I'll never do another major festival for exactly the reasons stated above. Come to think of it, I've all but ruled out ATP due to their ridiculous prices.

So yeah, Terrastock or nothing. Or a small club "festival" like DNA Test Fest or Maryland Death Fest but calling those festivals in the traditional sense is kind of a misnomer.

احمد

Bags

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2010, 10:05:11 am »
I'm with you nkotb.  I just kind of tired of the scene...I've skipped a couple years (not counting VirginFest, which is local for me), but I did pick up a Lolla 2010 ticket mostly because I love Chicago so much, and looks like friends are going this year as well.  Had tix to Bumbershoot last year but no one was going, and I have no desire to 'fest' alone.