Author Topic: Best Beer Selection at a Music Venue  (Read 5536 times)

James Ford

Re: Best Beer Selection at a Music Venue
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2010, 02:31:34 pm »

Is DFA writing your posts for you now? :)

I've been going to the one in Rehoboth for years. Yes, the food sometimes is lagging. But the beer of course is great, and it's actually reasonably priced at the Rehoboth location. And you can get a four pack of Palo Santo for $9 at the little retail stand (compared to $18 or so at the local DFAlehouses and Whole Foods).

I've been to the one in Falls Church. Comparable food, but the beer is much more expensive here than at the beach.

Speaking of which, have you better to the Dogfish Ale house (I think that's the name).  So so food, but I was in heaven at the bar.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2010, 02:32:38 pm »
magic hat makes some decent summery beers, but that #9 is gross. how people go nuts over apricot flavored beer is beyond me
I have friends who only drink it, I don't get it at all. Honestly I'll take Shiner Bock over almost any beer. I'm not a "rea" beer drink or whatever. A good drink is dr. pepper. Taste. Beer tastes like varrying grossness, like cigarettes. Theyre all gross, but I still smoke.

It sounds like you've never actually had a good beer. And that the cigarettes have numbed your taste buds. And brain. :)

Next time you're at the Club, try an Old Rasputin, or one of the Dogfish offerings.
I just don't think I was cut out to be a beer drinker, or appreciator at least. I've have multiple Dogfish Ale's, it's just not my style. I had Peg Leg the other night and that tasted like choclate cake....that was flat. Not bad though. And the cigarettes have only ruined my sense of smell.
‼‼?‼‼

James Ford

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2010, 02:34:17 pm »
I've heard you can smell a drunk guy's wallet a mile away...

magic hat makes some decent summery beers, but that #9 is gross. how people go nuts over apricot flavored beer is beyond me
I have friends who only drink it, I don't get it at all. Honestly I'll take Shiner Bock over almost any beer. I'm not a "rea" beer drink or whatever. A good drink is dr. pepper. Taste. Beer tastes like varrying grossness, like cigarettes. Theyre all gross, but I still smoke.

I've heard you can smell a drunk guy's wallet a mile away...

It sounds like you've never actually had a good beer. And that the cigarettes have numbed your taste buds. And brain. :)

Next time you're at the Club, try an Old Rasputin, or one of the Dogfish offerings.
I just don't think I was cut out to be a beer drinker, or appreciator at least. I've have multiple Dogfish Ale's, it's just not my style. I had Peg Leg the other night and that tasted like choclate cake....that was flat. Not bad though. And the cigarettes have only ruined my sense of smell.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2010, 02:37:57 pm »
Not the way I smoke brother man. Plus, allergies.
‼‼?‼‼

nkotb

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2010, 02:41:26 pm »
Oof...that's what I get for being so snarky!

Is DFA writing your posts for you now? :)

Mobius

« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2010, 03:19:46 pm »
Definitely a nice beer selection for a music venue.  Sneaky good.   But it lacks a signature beer or drink . . . the proverbial 'chili half smoke' where you think I'm going to a show at 9:30 and drinking a -----.   Dale's Pale Ale cans would fit in nicely on the menu  (does the Club have cans?)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2010, 04:06:04 pm »
mobius: could 930 Ale be the signature drink you're looking for?

the fact that each bar has a different selection of taps is cool.  depending on the show, beer selection might influence where i stand/sit/dance.
<sig>

Bagley

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2010, 02:18:49 pm »
does the 930 still carry Wolaver IPA on tap?  their best brew in my estimation