Author Topic: Phish info from Ticketfly.com  (Read 20841 times)

wml7

Re: Phish info from Ticketfly.com
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2010, 01:09:51 pm »
Ok I was able to get my ticket at 1205 or some crap.  I tried several times trying to get a seat but ended up with Left floor Row D.  Now I thought the entire floor was general admission??  Is that not correct??  Chime in hippies  ;D

walkonby

« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2010, 01:27:00 pm »
Ok I was able to get my ticket at 1205 or some crap.  I tried several times trying to get a seat but ended up with Left floor Row D.  Now I thought the entire floor was general admission??  Is that not correct??  Chime in hippies  ;D

you did well! you got left center row d . . . basically 10 rows from stage.   no ga floor.  all reserved and lawn for merriweather.

wml7

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2010, 01:46:52 pm »
I just realized now looking at the seating chart my first pull was left center floor AAA.  However, I thought these seats were after A thru whatever and I threw them back :o

hutch

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2010, 01:49:51 pm »
I just realized now looking at the seating chart my first pull was left center floor AAA.  However, I thought these seats were after A thru whatever and I threw them back :o

amateur

wml7

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2010, 01:50:24 pm »

amateur

haha, yeah  ;D

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2010, 02:09:06 pm »
so during the ticket buying process, my main credit card was declined.  i used my backup, then called the bank to find out what was up with my main card.  turns out "PhishTickets" tried hitting my card several times earlier this week but had a detail wrong like the expiry date.  after several attempts it locked my account. 

so i got tix through the presale, but something (not sure if it was my mistake or theirs) c*ck-blocked me... and instead i got the privilege of being part of today's shit-show.  great, just great.
<sig>

wml7

« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2010, 02:23:51 pm »
so during the ticket buying process, my main credit card was declined.  i used my backup, then called the bank to find out what was up with my main card.  turns out "PhishTickets" tried hitting my card several times earlier this week but had a detail wrong like the expiry date.  after several attempts it locked my account. 

so i got tix through the presale, but something (not sure if it was my mistake or theirs) c*ck-blocked me... and instead i got the privilege of being part of today's shit-show.  great, just great.

Yeah, I guess I was lucky when I got onto ticketfly this afternoon.  I didn't even pre register with all my info and just selected my ticket.  Maybe it also has something to do depending on your internet speed?  The faster of a connection you have the better you have of getting a ticket.  Who knows.  ;D

hutch

« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2010, 02:42:32 pm »

Its amateur hour!

Who is next? Somebody forgot to pay their internet bill? Lost the password?

Mr.Whippy

« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2010, 02:45:38 pm »
I didn't try for Phish tix (not a fan), but I followed threads on this here and on PT some just because I'm curious at how this was going to go with Ticketfly.

I can understand people's frustration with the crashing system, etc., but doesn't it seem like Ticketfly might be more fair to average fans than Ticketmaster?  

If you look at the seats people are talking about pulling, people are getting some great seats once they actually get through.  Wlm pulled front row apparently.  I ended up with insane seats for My Morning Jacket through ticketfly (4th row center).  I mean, think about your experiences with Ticketmaster.  How often do you pull amazing seats through Ticketmaster?

Maybe Ticketfly does less of holding tix back and feeding them direclty to scaplers and thus average fans have a better chance of getting great tix with this system.  

killsaly

« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2010, 02:55:41 pm »
I decided i didnt want to see it from the lawn for 118 bucks for two tickets. 

Maybe closer to the show someone will want to sell some seats for not a huge mark up.

azaghal1981

« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2010, 03:02:32 pm »
PT still unresponsive.
احمد

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2010, 03:04:14 pm »
I didn't try for Phish tix (not a fan), but I followed threads on this here and on PT some just because I'm curious at how this was going to go with Ticketfly.

I can understand people's frustration with the crashing system, etc., but doesn't it seem like Ticketfly might be more fair to average fans than Ticketmaster?  

If you look at the seats people are talking about pulling, people are getting some great seats once they actually get through.  Wlm pulled front row apparently.  I ended up with insane seats for My Morning Jacket through ticketfly (4th row center).  I mean, think about your experiences with Ticketmaster.  How often do you pull amazing seats through Ticketmaster?

Maybe Ticketfly does less of holding tix back and feeding them direclty to scaplers and thus average fans have a better chance of getting great tix with this system.  

i've gotten plenty of great seats through TM.  getting a good seat is on the user - have a fast connection, be fast with the captchka, refresh at the right moment, etc.

ticketfly, on the other hand, sh*ts the bed for you.  i'm an experience ticket buyer and the best the system would let me buy is lawns, 40 minutes after the sale started, and even then only because a human posted a working link for me.  a few people got good seats, a whole lot more were shut out b/c of the site crash while those good seats were being allocated.  there was NOTHING i could do today to improve my chances.

if today's TF experience is going to be the norm, i'll take TM any day.
<sig>

Mr.Whippy

« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2010, 03:11:49 pm »

i've gotten plenty of great seats through TM.  getting a good seat is on the user - have a fast connection, be fast with the captchka, refresh at the right moment, etc.

ticketfly, on the other hand, sh*ts the bed for you.  i'm an experience ticket buyer and the best the system would let me buy is lawns, 40 minutes after the sale started, and even then only because a human posted a working link for me.  a few people got good seats, a whole lot more were shut out b/c of the site crash while those good seats were being allocated.  there was NOTHING i could do today to improve my chances.

if today's TF experience is going to be the norm, i'll take TM any day.

Yes, you are probably right in the end that TM is a better system.  I have gotten good seats through TM, but nothing like front row for an amphitheater show like someone reported today.  With TM I am just very suspicious at weather average fans even have a shot at the really good seats or if they go right to brokers.  I think the latter is often the case.

Also, scoring good tix with TM seems to be about random luck more than getting through the system quickly.  For the recent Muse show, I finally pulled some really good seats after pulling about 8 sets of mediocre ones. 

wml7

« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2010, 03:52:37 pm »

Its amateur hour!

Who is next? Somebody forgot to pay their internet bill? Lost the password?

would this have happened if the show was in Richmond?  ;D

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2010, 04:11:56 pm »
Guys, it's Phish. If anything ticketweb is teaching you a lesson and doing you a favor. Jesus Christ.