Author Topic: Phish info from Ticketfly.com  (Read 20835 times)

runwhiteyrun06

Re: Phish info from Ticketfly.com
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2010, 11:29:56 am »
This weekend, hippies.  :P

Gonna pop my Phish concert cherry and be probably one of the <10% of people there not on drugs!

/Thank god for alcohol.

wml7

« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2010, 12:02:40 pm »
Me too.  I've never seen these guys play before and not a huge Phish fan unlike some hippies here, but I will go for the experience  ;D I hopefully get a seat next to some hot hippy chick, but my luck I'll get some dude that is about to od great, just great

walkonby

« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2010, 04:23:07 pm »
be careful when it comes to drinking out of red cups.  i got busted for this in richmond at widespread.  was told by the undercover abc guy, that the abc board is starting to ramp up their undercover presense especially at concerts to get people drinking in public.  don't ask me why they want to get all uppity about it now, but beware.

and wml7.  you wanna impress the phish women?  be all nice, smile, say how beautiful they look in whatever they are wearing and offer to buy them a beer.  the beer part seals the deal.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2010, 04:34:58 pm »
richmond = VA, MPP = MD.  ABC'ers might not be on the warpath 'round these parts.

also, MPP isn't public land so "drinking in public" doesn't apply... i think.  could be wrong.
<sig>

walkonby

« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2010, 05:09:31 pm »
richmond = VA, MPP = MD.  ABC'ers might not be on the warpath 'round these parts.

also, MPP isn't public land so "drinking in public" doesn't apply... i think.  could be wrong.

always curious about the "public land" issue.  did consider md vs va; va tends to be tough.  you can still get technically busted on your own property for open container and drinking in public . . . i think.

wml7

« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2010, 05:20:04 pm »

always curious about the "public land" issue.  did consider md vs va; va tends to be tough.  you can still get technically busted on your own property for open container and drinking in public . . . i think.

so walky, on your property will the cops bust you or do they not come out to the boonies?  ;D

wml7

« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2010, 04:26:24 pm »
tickets that aren't lawn, are up again for the shows on ticketfly.  go get em hippies  ;D

wml7

« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2010, 02:05:38 pm »
in md now at some bar across from mall some british bar, hippies and world cup people whoooooooooooo

wml7

« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2010, 05:17:35 pm »
red cups galore walky in heaven

azaghal1981

« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2010, 09:56:56 pm »
So they covered Neutral Milk Hotel? How was that?
احمد

runwhiteyrun06

« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2010, 10:07:27 pm »
I was looking on twitter, they've played Aeroplane over the sea, Rock and Roll, and Stash.

Why oh why did I get a Sunday ticket! I would have loved to see those 3 songs.

wml7

« Reply #71 on: June 27, 2010, 10:30:32 am »
just got back home.  For a first Phish show I was quite impressed.  They were awesome.  I drank way too much before the show at this british pub.  So basically, near the end of the show I was exhausted and my head was pounding.  Thought I was going to yack when they played their last song.  I got a lot of video and the crowd was really awesome.  Of course didn't sit next to some hot hippy chick but a bunch of guys that was high on goo balls.  They were cool though  ;D    Saw a lot of 9:30 staff.  Josh was out and about.

SET ONE
  1. Crowd Control
  2. Kill Devil Falls
  3. AC/DC Bag
  4. Sugar Shack
  5. Tube
  6. In The Aeroplane Over The Sea
  7. Stash
  8. Backwards Down The Number Line
  9. NICU
  10. 46 Days
  11. Suzy Greenberg
SET TWO
  1. Rock & Roll
  2. Free
  3. Fast Enough For You
  4. Sparkle
  5. Tweezer
  6. The Horse >
  7. Silent In The Morning
  8. Wolfman's Brother
  9. Slave To The Traffic Light
  10. Tweezer Reprise
ENCORE
  1. Show Of Life
  2. Good Times Bad Times

fatskippy

« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2010, 10:54:45 am »
Those low hanging tarps over the Loge sections cut off any air circulation in the pavilion.  It had to be 100 degrees in there last night. 

runwhiteyrun06

« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2010, 11:20:21 am »
It was indeed hot as hell in the pavilion.

My thoughts/review for Sunday (disclaimer: I'm only a casual Phish fan and this was my first show):

-I thought the sound seemed off the whole night. I was in left loge and the vocals seemed drowned out in the mix. This could have just been due to my seat position but it didn't sound much better when I was on the lawn for a bit.

-First set was decent after the first few songs and the second set got off to a really good start but the 2nd really really long jam meandered and seemed self-indulgent. After that point in the show the band lost me until the last couple songs. This wasn't helped by the fact the show was 3 hours. I would have much preferred closer to 2 hours by cutting out some of the longer jams that didn't work well.

-Phish is really good at covers. I really enjoyed all the covers and would pay to see Phish just cover songs the whole night.

-My frame of reference for the show was the bootleg from their reunion shows in VA in 2009. The band seemed much tighter and the playing never really seemed sloppy.

-I was expecting lots of weed smoke, but I didn't expect as much as there actually. The entire show featured a constant cloud of weed and cigarette smoke. Personally, I will never get people who get super drunk and/ or super high for a concert. If you have to smoke the entire show or get shitfaced the band just may not be that great. It was fun spotting the people who were really f*cked up and guessing what drug they were on.

-In my limited experience, a lot of the Phish fans were assholes. A lot of the people there seemed to lack basic manners such as: not invading people's personal space, saying sorry or excuse me when you get in someones way, and not blowing cigarette smoke directly into your face. Also the really, really high dude next to me kept staring at me which was kind of freaking me out.

Don't get me wrong, I don't regret and it was a new experience going but I wouldn't pay $50 to see Phish again.

Set I: Walfredo, Mellow Mood, Stealing Time from the Faulty Plan, The Divided Sky, Tela, My Soul, Ginseng Sullivan, Sample in a Jar, Bathtub Gin, Brian & Robert, Run Like An Antelope
Set II: Wilson > Meatstick > I Saw It Again > Piper > Ghost > Jumping Jack Flash > I Saw It Again > Contact, You Enjoy Myself
Encore: Fire

hemisphire

« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2010, 11:28:40 am »
I went Saturday, enjoyed myself.  I was there last year in the right loge, in the center this time and thought the sound was much improved.