Author Topic: Get rid of Ticketfly  (Read 75761 times)

fatskippy

Get rid of Ticketfly
« on: April 02, 2010, 12:22:54 pm »
This site cannot handle high demand sales for a venue as large as Merriweather.  The amount of productivity being lost right now by people trying to use a site that is crashing and won't load is astounding.  Ticketmaster is ticket buying heaven compared to this bush league garbage.  If a site can't sell tickets without crashing, THEY SHOULD NOT BE SELLING TICKETS.

tooms

Re: Get rid of Ticketfly
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 01:18:35 pm »
Agreed.  I've been in the queue for 75 minutes and counting for Phish.  As annoying at TM is, at least it handles the volume.  This has to be addressed. 

TflyDan

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 06:36:06 pm »
Hey all, Dan Teree here. I am one of the founders of Ticketfly. While many of you were able to buy Phish tickets immediately today, we know that some fans had a difficult experience during the first 45 minutes until we had our systems humming again. I speak for the whole Ticketfly team when I say that our performance was not up to our standards. You deserve the best ticket buying and show-going experience on the planet and we have a great team in place that is committed to making sure you get it. We appreciate all of your feedback today on Twitter, Facebook and in the forums. Thanks for sticking with us as we build a powerful ticketing alternative for you.

PS - Tickets remain for both Phish shows at Merriweather: http://www.ticketfly.com/tickets/event-list/?q=Phish

fatskippy

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 10:08:29 am »
What a surprise, ticketfly still can't handle the demand.  Ticketfly should not be accepting contracts for venues they can't handle and a place the size Merriweather should not be using a 3rd tier ticketing site for their provider.  This is a joke.  This place would be much better off being run by LiveNation.  Thanks for wasting our time again!

hutch

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 10:11:26 am »
pur03!

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 10:54:26 am »
This place would be much better off being run by LiveNation. 

I'm sure you are angry and frustrated by not being able to get tickets to a, ahem, FREE concert but you can't possibly mean that.  You can't be that self-centered and greedy to think that just because YOU can't get tickets for a particular show, that IMP should abandon any attempt at trying to make the system better.  This just reinforces my theory that of all the pop culture cults out there, Deadheads are the biggest, greediest a-holes.  (Nicest?  "Rocky Horror Picture Show" fans, believe it or not.)

Or maybe you do.  I'm sure I can speak on behalf of Ticketfly that we're sorry you weren't called ahead of time and had your ticket hand-delivered on a golden platter.  We'll try to make it up for you when the rickshaw picks you up on September 25th.

Hey, in Nazi Germany, the trains ALWAYS ran on time.

Brian

azaghal1981

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 10:56:33 am »
He's a Phish fan. Of course he's that self-centered and greedy.

احمد

fatskippy

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 10:59:38 am »

I'm sure you are angry and frustrated by not being able to get tickets to a, ahem, FREE concert but you can't possibly mean that.  You can't be that self-centered and greedy to think that just because YOU can't get tickets for a particular show, that IMP should abandon any attempt at trying to make the system better.  This just reinforces my theory that of all the pop culture cults out there, Deadheads are the biggest, greediest a-holes.  (Nicest?  "Rocky Horror Picture Show" fans, believe it or not.)

Or maybe you do.  I'm sure I can speak on behalf of Ticketfly that we're sorry you weren't called ahead of time and had your ticket hand-delivered on a golden platter.  We'll try to make it up for you when the rickshaw picks you up on September 25th.

Brian

Exactly how would it be worse being run by livenation?  The tickets would be sold by ticketmaster, and I would know in 1 minute whether or not I got tickets.  I have been shut out of plenty of shows through ticketmaster but I understand supply and demand so it doesn't bother me.  Between ticketfly, the addition of the low hanging tarps over the loge section at Merriweather that doesn't allow air to properly flow through the pavilion, and overselling of the 9:30 Club, IMP couldn't possibly be doing a worse job IMO.  Hopefully the Fillmore in Silver Spring opens ASAP.

atomicfront

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2010, 11:14:22 am »
If you want to go to a facility run by live nation go to Jiffy Lube Nissan Pavillion.  You won't have free shows and you won't have Phish.  You won't have Arcade Fire or MGMT.  I think MPP has improved dramtatically since IMP took it over. 

I got tickets to the event today, everyone I knew did and most of the people on this board did.  And it's free and a great line-up. 

Shadrach

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2010, 11:18:21 am »
Were you unable to secure your FREE tickets?

Brian

Exactly how would it be worse being run by livenation?  The tickets would be sold by ticketmaster, and I would know in 1 minute whether or not I got tickets.  I have been shut out of plenty of shows through ticketmaster but I understand supply and demand so it doesn't bother me.  Between ticketfly, the addition of the low hanging tarps over the loge section at Merriweather that doesn't allow air to properly flow through the pavilion, and overselling of the 9:30 Club, IMP couldn't possibly be doing a worse job IMO.  Hopefully the Fillmore in Silver Spring opens ASAP.

MonkeyPants

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2010, 11:28:42 am »

The system only sucks more because the tickets were free.  It doesn't work for high demand tickets that people pay lots of money for, either  ;)
PANTS

Shadrach

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2010, 11:32:32 am »
Your sarcasm doesn't answer my question.

The system only sucks more because the tickets were free.  It doesn't work for high demand tickets that people pay lots of money for, either  ;)

fatskippy

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2010, 11:34:52 am »
No I was not able to get tickets because the site crashed.  I still can't get ticketfly to load.  Ultimately I don't care what company runs a venue, I just want to go see a concert as conveniently as possible.  I don't remember the ticket buying process for most concerts I have been to but I definitely remember Phish and now this one since no improvements to the system were made.  It is so incredibly stubborn to stick with something that isn't working and it is terrible customer service.  Oh and LOL @ MGMT being listed as a selling point for anything.

Shadrach

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2010, 11:39:13 am »
Sorry that you were unable to secure tickets during the presale. We posted a new link on the front page (a backdoor link) soon after the crash. It seems that nearly all the folks on the forum here were able to secure tickets. Fortunately the rest of the tickets go up to the public tomorrow morning @ 10AM and you'll have a second chance.

No I was not able to get tickets because the site crashed.  I still can't get ticketfly to load.  Ultimately I don't care what company runs a venue, I just want to go see a concert as conveniently as possible.  I don't remember the ticket buying process for most concerts I have been to but I definitely remember Phish and now this one since no improvements to the system were made.  It is so incredibly stubborn to stick with something that isn't working and it is terrible customer service.  Oh and LOL @ MGMT being listed as a selling point for anything.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2010, 11:40:20 am »
fatskippy gave up i guess.
(_|_)