Author Topic: Get rid of Ticketfly  (Read 76164 times)

i am gay and i like cats

Re: Get rid of Ticketfly
« Reply #135 on: August 20, 2013, 01:46:50 pm »
yes, there are these things called banks.  they exist in every town.  every town in every state.  every state as in our united states.  and in those things called banks, there are people in them that run them and work in them and make sure the lights are on, the doors unlocked, the trash taken out, the customers spoken to when they walk in.  so yes, tellers are people and they exist in reality today, and tomorrow and the day after that.  so i will take my buggy whip, and turn you over my knee.

atomicfront

« Reply #136 on: August 20, 2013, 01:47:39 pm »
wave at the cute teller.

Do they still have those?  Did you use your buggy whip today too?

Actually they do.  I lost my ATM card last year on the way to the beach.  I didn't have checks or know my account number and my drivers license was torn in half but the teller was able to give me cash.  She even taped my drivers license back together.  Quite helpful.  

fatskippy

« Reply #137 on: March 28, 2014, 10:31:17 am »
Four years later and the site still can't handle the demand. What an absolute joke. No one I know has gotten through for the Phish sale yet. Get rid of this amateur hour ticket provider.

Got Haggis?

« Reply #138 on: March 28, 2014, 10:47:35 am »
I really don't understand why ticket companies don't just use a queue system....you hit the page once, it puts you into the queue in the order you first hit it...keeps people from hitting reload all the time, reduces load on the server.  It's not that difficult to implement either..although it does take man hours for back end architecture building, and I suppose it might not be worth it for the companies to do that for only a few events a year that are taxing on the system.

azaghal1981

« Reply #139 on: March 28, 2014, 10:52:40 am »
And it would also give me a chance to post this whenever tickets to a high demand show go on sale.
احمد

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #140 on: March 28, 2014, 11:38:50 am »
Paperless/Passbook tickets, please.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #141 on: March 28, 2014, 12:10:31 pm »
yeah... that was brutal... but I got Pavs for each night.  ;D

moeszyslak

« Reply #142 on: October 07, 2015, 12:34:19 pm »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #143 on: October 07, 2015, 03:44:30 pm »
$450M - wow.  not bad for a startup that was creating to be the little independent alternative to TM.
<sig>

Relaxer

« Reply #144 on: October 07, 2015, 03:46:53 pm »
I wonder if that means TicketflyAmy struck it rich.

If so, hey gurl, hit me up
oword

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #145 on: October 07, 2015, 07:39:51 pm »
I wonder if that means TicketflyAmy struck it rich.

If so, hey gurl, hit me up

I'm "friends" with TicketFlyAmy on Facebook and she is trying her hand at stand-up comedy these days.  She recently last two rounds on this years Last Comic Standing...
T.Rex

Kubacheck

« Reply #146 on: October 07, 2015, 07:45:36 pm »
now Pandora will probably make more in fees on one ticket sold than they pay out to an artist whose songs they stream thousands of times.....

fatskippy

« Reply #147 on: February 09, 2018, 01:29:21 pm »
8 years later and the site still cannot handle the traffic for Merriweather. Amateur hour

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #148 on: February 09, 2018, 01:36:56 pm »
8 years later and the site still cannot handle the traffic for Merriweather. Amateur hour

this may be part of the problem: (from the interwebs)

"Phish, we've always been under the impression that you as individuals, as a band, and as an organization were opposed to scalping. It suddenly appears you now have decided to contribute to it, support it, and encourage it, as demonstrated by the advent of Platinum Tickets, which holds back unknown quantities of tickets from fans at onsale in order to sell them at premium for higher profit, based on demand, which should be completely irrelevant, with an unnamed, mysterious portion of the proceeds going to WaterWheel - a charity which we all certainly support, and to which we donate independently and individually already.
It's rare that our whole community agrees on anything, as I'm sure you know, but based on comments I've seen on social media today, the vast majority of your fanbase is opposed to this move, and is pretty shocked and disappointed by it"

medeski7

« Reply #149 on: February 09, 2018, 03:41:36 pm »
Platinum tickets is  TM and Live Nation program.   Ticketfly can't handle the volume, period. I got right in, did Captcha, and then the system crashed.  That should never happen.