Author Topic: Get rid of Ticketfly  (Read 76373 times)

reggie

Re: Get rid of Ticketfly
« Reply #105 on: September 15, 2010, 01:36:17 pm »
Now ChrisO is sending me PMs. Dude is boarding hard.

"«  Sent to: reggie  on: Today at 01:09:39 PM »

Insufferable - yeh, that's me all right.  You must have a PhD or something.

By the way, I'm sending this only as a test (and, of course, to be insufferable).  I am not being prompted for a verification word to send this.  Apparently, there is an account setting that TFlyAmy has turned on.  If one does not want PMs, I guess that's a good way to do it."

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #106 on: September 15, 2010, 01:41:08 pm »
Hah! I was offered free tix to for complaining about the process. What is wrong with telling people when a system is broke. Trust me - I plan on making my voice heard when it comes to the MTA. At least ticketfly listens and does something, Im pretty sure the MTA will just say 'f--- you all and give us more money'! :(

i find him mildly entertaining, although i do find it confusing that he got free tickets by bitching and insulting :)

chrisO: i was implying that because it is easy to send a personal message (really, it is) and you had trouble with that; it's no wonder you couldn't figure out the ticket ordering process on TF. 

t'was joke, which is now less funny 'cause i had to explain it.  *sigh*.
HeyLa

vansmack

« Reply #107 on: September 15, 2010, 02:03:28 pm »
Apparently, there is an account setting that TFlyAmy has turned on.  If one does not want PMs, I guess that's a good way to do it."

It's probably because she's tired of all my advances...
27>34

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #108 on: September 15, 2010, 02:08:00 pm »
To be fair to ChrisO, the forum is setup that for any user who has less than 5 posts, they are required to enter a code in order to send a PM.  Now I can't speak to the ease of that process.... 
T.Rex

JohnQ

« Reply #109 on: September 15, 2010, 03:09:07 pm »
kosmo vinyl - many thanks for saying something useful.  At this point, many thanks for being civil.  I trust you can see the downside of the policy - Amy asked for a PM, I didn't ask for tickets or anything else.

xneverwherex - you got that right.

sweetcell - what you said was obvious, and I do not know why you thought it needed explaining.  Relax, I got it.

reggie - take your meds.

EOM

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #110 on: September 15, 2010, 07:35:03 pm »
to be fair it's setup that way to prevent spambots from sending out PMs....
T.Rex

TFlyAmy

• Home
« Reply #111 on: September 15, 2010, 09:19:34 pm »
Hey hey hey calm down in here before I get all Mr Belding on you guys.

ChrisO- I got your messages and I sent the info over so be sure to give us a call!

Vansmack- You lie! I haven't gotten one advance yet on this board! Although once I got one on the Phish board. I declined.

Glad everything is worked out. OOh ooh what can we hassle somebody about NEXT?!

azaghal1981

« Reply #112 on: September 15, 2010, 10:11:23 pm »
How come MonkeyPants wasn't offered tickets? ;D

I watched a bit of that PT Phish brutality. The threads over there made this one look like a lovefest.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 10:20:41 pm by azaghal1981 »
احمد

fatskippy

« Reply #113 on: March 01, 2013, 11:17:47 am »
I pulled front row tickets for The National today and was not able to checkout. Every time I hit continue, nothing would happen. I even tried on other browsers (IE and FF) and the same problem. Any help, ticketfly?

http://imageshack.us/a/img89/2453/thenational.jpg

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #114 on: March 01, 2013, 11:24:54 am »
Probably want to hit Ticketfly up on email or twitter, don't think they check  here much anymore...
T.Rex

joeposh

« Reply #115 on: March 01, 2013, 12:07:52 pm »
They'll probably just say "oh man, so sorry... wish we could help but...". I had tickets for Fall Out Boy (yeah, yeah) the second they went on sale last month, and their server crapped out during the credit card authorization. Unfortunately, it hung there for 2 minutes before booting me back to the homepage and saying "your order may have gone through, if you don't receive a confirmation email in the next 15 minutes, try again", like that would do me any good.

I called them up to see if maybe they had some record of my attempt, but of course... no dice, and since the concert sold out within 5 minutes, I was SOL.

fatskippy

« Reply #116 on: March 12, 2013, 11:16:04 am »
Almost 2 weeks later and I have not received a reply from numerous emails to ticketfly. I guess ticketfly's great customer service is the reason why their fees are higher than ticketmaster's...

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #117 on: March 12, 2013, 04:03:36 pm »
wow . . . should one stay away from ticketfly?  i havent seen this thread in awhile, and i seem to remember that i never had a single problem with them.  of course i never had a single problem with ticketmaster, in fact i love ticketmaster and am glad they exist for my concert experience outlet.

atomicfront

« Reply #118 on: March 12, 2013, 04:19:11 pm »
I was thinking that ticket fly was the one that actually refunded my service charges for a cancelled show but turns out that was ticket alternative.  So I have nothing to add.

stevewizzle

« Reply #119 on: March 12, 2013, 05:44:17 pm »
wow . . . should one stay away from ticketfly? 

if you have a better alternative, yes.  most of the time, there fees are 33% of incurred cost for a transaction.  if they cannot provide helpful costumer support (which is something i've never had first hand experience with, but looks like others are), then they should be avoided.