Author Topic: good to be back  (Read 4984 times)

walkonby

Re: good to be back
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2010, 05:03:22 pm »
do the nitrous ballon sellers follow the band from town to town?  warner was hilarious.  hard to believe the authorities do not crack down.

not always.  widespread is more mature than most jam bands.  and the nitrous at warner was bunk shit being sold by wannabe mafia kids.  sad.

saco

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2010, 06:25:42 pm »
the thing about the undercover abc people . . . i do have one beef with the national regarding this.  i too was a victim of the "the man" second night.  on day one at national, my friends and i (plus half the crowd) were drinking beer out of red cups before the show.  no body said shit.  no body from the venue (or all 20 of the security out front) told anybody to stop drinking.  so on second show day, we show up out of hotel shuttle with our red cups in hand, and i not even had taken my first sip before a black guy grabs me by the arm and says "you're coming with me.  i'm undercover abc and i'm giving you a ticket for drinking in public."  after much, "i didn't know sir.  nobody said anything to us last night, blah blah blah" . . . 

So you are upset with the National staph for not taking the beer out of everyones hands on night one? Without the hindsight of 20/20 do you really think you would have thanked them on night one for doing so? 
While I think thats foolish of them, they should have to protect their liquor license, the last time I checked Richmond wasnt New Orleans or Las Vegas.  Dont blame the venue you are seeing the concert at for not reminding you that drinking in public is against the law

walkonby

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2010, 06:52:45 pm »
it is a small beef.  dipped in a nice thai, sour sauce.  i love everything national.  it was my fault for having an open container i know this . . . but i got slipped into the "used to" of drinking out of red cups before shows (including both nights warner) and not having anybody say anything.  sort of the same concept that hippies have with the nine thirty.  at "most other" venues, if you get busted with pot or smoking it, they take it and tell you not to do it, where at the club they throw your ass out.

walkonby

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2010, 01:42:55 pm »
has anybody heard anything about whether the national is getting in trouble for this?

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2010, 10:13:40 am »
has anybody heard anything about whether the national is getting in trouble for this?
I just got back in town from a weeks vacation at the beach, so this is the first I'm hearing about all this, but I'll check around.

walkonby

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2010, 11:21:08 am »
I just got back in town from a weeks vacation at the beach, so this is the first I'm hearing about all this, but I'll check around.

by the way . . . loved your town.  it had things to offer i never knew about.  and here i thought richmond could only be easily described as where they make cigarettes . . . and home to the "don't go there" neighborhoods.

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2010, 01:27:49 pm »
Yeah, we have some nice things. Cannot wait for the grand opening of the new VMFA.

James Ford

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2010, 01:39:56 pm »
I'll never forget the first time I was in Richmond. My then-girlfriend and I came back to her DC-plated Honda to find a KKK recruitment pamphlet under the wipers.

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2010, 01:42:52 pm »
I'll never forget the first time I was in Richmond. My then-girlfriend and I came back to her DC-plated Honda to find a KKK recruitment pamphlet under the wipers.
Are you certain you weren't in Mechanicsville?

James Ford

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2010, 01:57:39 pm »
Pretty sure the entire trip was in Richmond. It was back in the late 90's. Ironically, it included a visit to the Museum on the Confederacy. The itinerary was entirely her design, I was just the arm candy to show off to her Richmond based friend.

What's in Mechanicsville? Is that where RIR is?

Are you certain you weren't in Mechanicsville?

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2010, 02:31:43 pm »
What's in Mechanicsville? Is that where RIR is?
RIR is not in Mechanicsville Proper, but it's very close. Mechanicsville is basically the east side of town's suburb and the east side of town is the significantly-more redneck/racist side.

betao

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2010, 04:57:54 pm »
Mechanicsville is pretty bad. The east side (out near the airport and RIR) is full of rednecks. I grew up in the west end which is much more tolerable.

wml7

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2010, 05:04:16 pm »
I went to chili cook off in Richmond this year.  I must say that was an eye opener  :o  Everyone was wearing wife beaters (girls included) and all the exhibits booths were free ciagrettes, cans of dip, and monster truck stuff.  Wowzers  ;D

Relaxer

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2010, 05:26:35 pm »
woah woah, were the cans of dip free?
oword

wml7

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2010, 05:33:39 pm »
woah woah, were the cans of dip free?

yes, people were getting them left and right