Author Topic: Did anyone try getting Roger Waters tickets?  (Read 14069 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Did anyone try getting Roger Waters tickets?
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2010, 10:31:29 am »
but we'll be meeting tomorrow at freefest, right?  so i'll recognize you at the verizon center.  great, just great!
<sig>

Vas Deferens

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2010, 10:49:12 am »
how much sweetcell?
(_|_)

Vas Deferens

« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2010, 10:59:56 am »
nevermind...

from chicago show:

"Not one mention how most people booed when Roger sang, "Mother, do you trust the government?" or how songs with the strongest political messages plastered on "The Wall" met little applause."

"Roger Waters' a legend. Nobody's going to deny that. The problem that I have is: Behind the Eisenhower war and hunger quotes, pictures of impoverished children, and Mercedes-Benz logos dropping as bombs is $145 concert tickets, $45 concert t-shirts, $25 concert programs, and $9 beers.

Don't get me wrong, Waters' and all his theatrics was worth $145. However, the guilt, anti-establishment message, gets lost in all the other inflated prices."
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 11:01:33 am by Vas Deferens »
(_|_)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2010, 11:05:22 am »
like i said, just below face :)

edit: seriously?  one blog entry, and you're out?  i can find you 10 bloggers that will tell you it's the greatest show evar, if that helps.
<sig>

Vas Deferens

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2010, 11:08:02 am »
well Gilmour won't be there, so yeah i'm out...

enjoy comfortably numb without him!  I wonder how it would sound...
(_|_)

runwhiteyrun06

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2010, 11:26:35 am »
Actually, Gilmour is appearing for at least one show.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2010, 11:37:57 am »
the solo for comfortably numb is being handled by dave kilminster (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Kilminster).  definitely not gilmour but a respectable replacement.

gilmour will almost certainly not be at this show.  he prefers not to travel much these days, so it's pretty certain that he'll be at one of the UK shows.
<sig>

runwhiteyrun06

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2010, 11:45:34 am »
That's what I thought to, but a lot of fans are talking as if it is going to be at one of the US shows. I can't wait for the D.C. show. If anyone is interested here are some excellent quality videos from Chicago.

http://www.pinkfloydz.com/roger2010/sep20chicago/sep20chicago.htm

moeszyslak

« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2010, 12:07:30 pm »
I was thinking Gilmore would show at one of the UK shows as well.  If he does do one of the U.S. shows, you have to imagine it will be NYC or LA.  The one thing that we do have going for us is that they may find some significance in the date 10/10/10.

James Ford

« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2010, 12:11:23 pm »
Lemmy has a brother?

the solo for comfortably numb is being handled by dave kilminster (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Kilminster).  definitely not gilmour but a respectable replacement.

gilmour will almost certainly not be at this show.  he prefers not to travel much these days, so it's pretty certain that he'll be at one of the UK shows.

mekmad

« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2010, 05:13:18 pm »
delete..
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 05:19:57 pm by mekmad »

azaghal1981

« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2010, 05:47:31 pm »
I always tell Joe he puts entirely too much stock in anonymous internet reviews.

If a review doesn't come from someone you know/trust, it shouldn't mean shit to you.

With that said, unless SYd Barrett was resurrected and involved, I *might* pay $5 to see Roger Waters.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 07:51:46 pm by azaghal1981 »
احمد

hutch

« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2010, 07:39:32 pm »
I always tell Joe he puts entirely too much stock in anonymous internet reviews.

If a review doesn't come from someone you know/trust, it shouldn't mean shit to you.

With that said, unless Sid Barrett was resurrected and involved, I *might* pay $5 to see Roger Waters.

Its "Syd Barrett" to you buddy!

Of course one should not put too much stock in one anonymous review but reviews have been pretty unanimous across the board that its a great show if you're at all into Floyd and The Wall... A friend of mine was at the Toronto show (2nd) and had very good things to say...

Having said all this I do not have a ticket...

azaghal1981

« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2010, 07:51:55 pm »
Fixed.
احمد

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2010, 08:06:25 pm »
nevermind...

from chicago show:

"Not one mention how most people booed when Roger sang, "Mother, do you trust the government?" or how songs with the strongest political messages plastered on "The Wall" met little applause."

funny, i just came across this regarding the first chicago show:

"A lot of the messages were anti-war and anti-establishment. The crowd ate it up, particularly when after the line "Should I trust the government?" The words "No fucking way!" appeared projected on the wall."

;D
<sig>