Author Topic: ben and jerrys  (Read 3127 times)

clyde725

  • Member
  • Posts: 54
ben and jerrys
« on: April 25, 2006, 01:36:00 pm »
I may just have to go today:
 
 http://www.benjerry.com/features/fcd_2006/

bellenseb

  • Member
  • Posts: 1878
Re: ben and jerrys
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 01:44:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by clyde725:
  I may just have to go today:
 
  http://www.benjerry.com/features/fcd_2006/
The line is always a mile long for a small cone...not worth your time.

Re: ben and jerrys
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 01:44:00 pm »
The line was so short at my local Ben and Jerry's that people were getting one and jumping right back in line for a second. Pigs.

brennser

  • Member
  • Posts: 3758
Re: ben and jerrys
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 01:53:00 pm »
where you at?
 
Quote
Originally posted by Charlie Nakajima, Fired by Mascis:
  The line was so short at my local Ben and Jerry's that people were getting one and jumping right back in line for a second. Pigs.

Guiny

  • Guest
Re: ben and jerrys
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 01:59:00 pm »
I'm suprised you guys go to Ben and Jerrys, I thought you might go to one of those Mom and Pop Indie Ice Cream stands that aren't taking over America.

sonickteam2

  • Guest
Re: ben and jerrys
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 02:01:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by Rob_Gee:
  I'm suprised you guys go to Ben and Jerrys, I thought you might go to one of those Mom and Pop Indie Ice Cream stands that aren't taking over America.
well, they WERE a Indie Ice Cream store, at one time....so its sorta ok.

Re: ben and jerrys
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2006, 02:03:00 pm »
Ben and Jerry's were founded my liberal Jews. They're acceptable corporate drones.
 
  I once heard that the highest ranking Jew CEO at Ben and Jerry's only made 10 times the salary of the lowest ranking Negro scooper. I don't know if that's still true.
 
 
 
Quote
Originally posted by Rob_Gee:
  I'm suprised you guys go to Ben and Jerrys, I thought you might go to one of those Mom and Pop Indie Ice Cream stands that aren't taking over America.

BookerT

  • Member
  • Posts: 1410
Re: ben and jerrys
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2006, 02:04:00 pm »
negro scooper would be a cool band name. maybe.

Venerable Bede

  • Member
  • Posts: 3863
Re: ben and jerrys
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2006, 02:09:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by Charlie Nakajima, Fired by Mascis:
  Ben and Jerry's were founded my liberal Jews. They're acceptable corporate drones.
 
well, that explains the black and tan naming.
OU812

Re: ben and jerrys
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2006, 02:14:00 pm »
The guy who scooped mine needed to cut his nails. His nails were longer than most women's nails. That's just nasty. Though it didn't prevent me from appreciatively accepting the free ice cream.
 
 
 
Quote
Originally posted by BookerT:
  negro scooper would be a cool band name. maybe.

Guiny

  • Guest
Re: ben and jerrys
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2006, 02:15:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by Mike Rohsopht:
 []well, they WERE a Indie Ice Cream store, at one time....so its sorta ok. [/QB]
...From a small town in New Hampshire I believe, I think I drove past there on the way to the Baseball Hall of Fame.  Indie and New Hampshire in the same sentence, now that's pretty funny.   :D

ggw

  • Member
  • Posts: 14237
Re: ben and jerrys
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2006, 02:19:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:
   
Quote
Originally posted by Charlie Nakajima, Fired by Mascis:
  Ben and Jerry's were founded my liberal Jews. They're acceptable corporate drones.
 
well, that explains the black and tan naming. [/b]
Ben & Jerry's sorry for Irish "Black & Tan" upset
 Fri Apr 21, 2:39 PM ET
 
 DUBLIN (Reuters) - Ice cream makers Ben & Jerry's have apologized for causing offence by calling a new flavor "Black & Tan" -- the nickname of a notoriously violent British militia that operated during Ireland's war of independence.
 
 The ice cream, available only in the United States, is based on an ale and stout drink of the same name.
 
 "Any reference on our part to the British Army unit was absolutely unintentional and no ill-will was ever intended," said a Ben & Jerry's spokesman.
 
 "Ben & Jerry's was built on the philosophies of peace and love," he added.
 
 The Black and Tans, so-called because of their two-tone uniforms, were recruited in the early 1920s to bolster the ranks of the police force in Ireland as anti-British sentiment grew.
 
 They quickly gained a reputation for brutality and mention of the militia still arouses strong feelings in Ireland.
 
 "I can't believe that Ben & Jerry's would be so insensitive to call an ice cream such a name and to launch it as a celebration of Irishness ... it's an insult!" wrote one blogger on www.junkfoodblog.com.
 
 "I hope they don't try to launch it here in Ireland or I imagine they'll lose a lot of their fans."
 
 Ben & Jerry's, a unit of Anglo-Dutch consumer goods giant Unilever Plc, prides itself on its commitment to friendly business. Its mission statement includes a pledge to show "a deep respect for human beings inside and outside our company and for the communities in which they live."

Re: ben and jerrys
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2006, 02:28:00 pm »
It's Vermont, you retard.
 
 
Quote
Originally posted by Rob_Gee:
   
Quote
Originally posted by Mike Rohsopht:
 []well, they WERE a Indie Ice Cream store, at one time....so its sorta ok. [/b]
...From a small town in New Hampshire I believe, I think I drove past there on the way to the Baseball Hall of Fame.  Indie and New Hampshire in the same sentence, now that's pretty funny.    :D  [/QB]

sonickteam2

  • Guest
Re: ben and jerrys
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2006, 03:02:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by Charlie Nakajima, Fired by Mascis:
  It's Vermont, you retard.
 
   
Quote
Originally posted by Rob_Gee:
   
Quote
Originally posted by Mike Rohsopht:
 []well, they WERE a Indie Ice Cream store, at one time....so its sorta ok. [/b]
...From a small town in New Hampshire I believe, I think I drove past there on the way to the Baseball Hall of Fame.  Indie and New Hampshire in the same sentence, now that's pretty funny.     :D   [/b]
[/QB]
you  beat me to that one.....and Rob is from Maine no less!!!  
 
   which states ARE indie, rob?

ggw

  • Member
  • Posts: 14237
Re: ben and jerrys
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2006, 03:05:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by Mike Rohsopht:
 
   which states ARE indie, rob?
Indie-ana??