Author Topic: Belle and Sebastian thread  (Read 10076 times)

nkotb

Re: Belle and Sebastian thread
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2010, 11:38:21 pm »
I'll be there.  Third row-ish, seat 125 I think.  Bearman, I think you said you'll be somewhat near there...I'll try to say hi.

bearman🐻

« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2010, 11:40:09 pm »
Please do!! :)

axemax

« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2010, 09:31:26 am »
I may have an extra ticket (won't charge for it) my friend who is pretty sick so won't be coming. 

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2010, 10:43:22 am »
I'll be there.  Third row-ish, seat 125 I think.  Bearman, I think you said you'll be somewhat near there...I'll try to say hi.

i'll be directly behind you, 8 or 9 rows back.  joe is my +1 - you've been warned.
<sig>

eros

« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2010, 11:32:22 am »
I'll be right around the area too, row E. 

Looks like I've got an extra ticket as well if anyone's interested.
ʎɐʍou

bearman🐻

« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2010, 11:59:16 am »
Don't hate when you see my seat...it was a last-minute development. See you there!

Relaxer

« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2010, 04:27:49 pm »
Just got free 10th row tix!
oword

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2010, 12:23:00 am »
Well, I did get two songs.

A+++++++! Best ticket money can buy. If You Find Yourself Caught In Love is ALWAYS money live. Dirty Dream No. 2 was the surprise of the night.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2010, 12:25:33 am »
If the assholes sitting behind me who were yelling "Fuck Canada" and "Just play the fucking song, we already know it" when Stuart was talking about This is Just a Modern Rock Song happen to read this board, I hope you die a slow death in a trash compactor. And take your woman to see a fucking dentist for her crossword smile.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2010, 12:55:31 am »
that was a fuckin' blast.  it was my first time seeing belle & seb, wasn't expecting to have that much fun.  one needs a certain taste/tolerance for saccharin, 'cause the band served it up perfectly.  through someone's generosity we were upgraded to fifth row just off the center aisle - awesome!  i thought the crowd was a tad lame at times, but one can only expect so much given the music.  the first 4 people pulled up on stage were an embarrassment.

highlight for me was the two girls who held up the "elope with us" sign during the encore.  first off they were cute as buttons, and the glow that they had on their faces when stuart called them over to the stage, held up their sign, then walked through the crowd with them was just damn priceless.  B&S put you in such a good mood, the whole experience was infectious.

roll call tonight - i spoke with:
bearman
nkotb
joe m
relaxer
ms & mr p
eros
bnyce0 (old school!)  

didn't get to meet TMUL, but moral of the story: the majority of this board is TWEE AS FUCK.
<sig>

Vas Deferens

« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2010, 01:07:35 am »
Chicago got Stars of Track and Field, Mayfly, and Me and the Major.....  :-\ :'( ???

what the hell.

oh well, still a good B&S show...i'd rate it a B.

(_|_)

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2010, 01:09:19 am »
Chicago got Stars of Track and Field, Mayfly, and Me and the Major.....  :-\ :'( ???

what the hell.

oh well, still a good B&S show...i'd rate it a B.

Stop being hung up on Sinister. Guys on the train were bitching about not hearing any Tigermilk tonight. Could be worse.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2010, 01:13:21 am »
B&S put you in such a good mood, the whole experience was infectious.

Couldn't have said it better myself. The entire show was a joyous occasion. I remain in constant awe of how awesome Stuart is. He totally captivates an audience. Freaking walking around the venue (on a balance beam, it seemed) throwing out foam footballs with other members. I was pissed at first because he took out a Dallas-colored silver football, but I realized they weren't all silver. The rapport between Stuart and the rest of the band is great as well. Many bands, pass on the banter. But B&S banter is always good.

Also major props for Stuart bringing up taxation without representation. And the new songs were great as well.

I've noticed no one has said anything bad about the sound. I thought it was great.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2010, 01:27:18 am »
Also major props for Stuart bringing up taxation without representation.

it was at this point the the crowd's lack of energy started to come through.  i got the impression stuart was hoping that his statement on taxation without representation would energize the crowd, get some hometown energy or pride going, but it was met with relative indifference.  saying "how 'bout dem redskins?!?" probably would have gotten more of a reaction  ::)  damn city of transients...

I've noticed no one has said anything bad about the sound. I thought it was great.

hopefully we can put this one to bed now.  DAR, in the right hands, sounds just fine if you're in the front half of the hall (not sure about the rest, i never see shows from back there :))

and we were allowed to bring drinks to our seats tonight - woohoo!  i really think that decision depends on the crowd.  tonight's was pretty sedate.
<sig>

Vas Deferens

« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2010, 01:31:06 am »
Sound was great.

Saw a woman playing tetris on her cell phone during Piazza.. ::)  wish i brought tomatoes.
(_|_)