Author Topic: So what do y'all think of Helen Thomas' comments?  (Read 5576 times)

atomicfront

Re: So what do y'all think of Helen Thomas' comments?
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2010, 03:17:51 pm »
The palestinians need a martin luther king to lead them peacefully and rationally.  The character of their leadership is predicated on deception and a murderous desire.  Why should it not be assumed that this is the true vharacter of palestinians?  How many 9/11s has israel been subject to?  I believe if change comes within the palestinians apparoach their lot will change.  Israel makes mistakes but they act in self-defense.  How did you feel after 9/11? 

Israel became a country by doing 9/11 type activities.  Why do you think the British left?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2010, 03:25:17 pm »
The palestinians need a martin luther king to lead them peacefully and rationally. 

agreed.  israelis could use one too (re: the radicals and right-wing sabre-rattlers who control the knesset).

The character of their leadership is predicated on deception and a murderous desire.  Why should it not be assumed that this is the true vharacter of palestinians? 

only as much as incessant claims of victimhood is the true character of israelis?  i.e., it's not.  stop spreading hate.

How many 9/11s has israel been subject to? 

i'm not sure, haven't counted, but i suspect it's in the same league as the number that the palestinians have suffered at the hands of the IDF (and the occasional armed settler).

both sides have been treating each other like shit, and both blame each other.  quit claiming the moral high-ground - there is none in this mess.

Israel became a country by doing 9/11 type activities.  Why do you think the British left?

unfortunately, the time horizon for people in this conflict doesn't reach back that far.
<sig>

godsshoeshine

« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2010, 03:30:12 pm »
both sides are clearly at fault here, but one side has tanks and the other doesnt even have cookies
o/\o

azaghal1981

« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2010, 04:09:14 pm »
The palestinians need a martin luther king to lead them peacefully and rationally. 

agreed.  israelis could use one too (re: the radicals and right-wing sabre-rattlers who control the knesset).

The character of their leadership is predicated on deception and a murderous desire.  Why should it not be assumed that this is the true vharacter of palestinians? 

only as much as incessant claims of victimhood is the true character of israelis?  i.e., it's not.  stop spreading hate.

How many 9/11s has israel been subject to? 

i'm not sure, haven't counted, but i suspect it's in the same league as the number that the palestinians have suffered at the hands of the IDF (and the occasional armed settler).

both sides have been treating each other like shit, and both blame each other.  quit claiming the moral high-ground - there is none in this mess.

unfortunately, the time horizon for people in this conflict doesn't reach back that far.

All of this.
احمد