Author Topic: Now Onsale  (Read 38560 times)

azaghal1981

Re: Now Onsale
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2010, 01:57:12 pm »
Maybe we can get a definitive yes or no from Shadrach or Seth or Eddie re: posting these hidden links?

P.S. Teenage Fanclub/Vaselines just popped up.
احمد

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2010, 06:56:24 pm »
if you guys post links, then you're going to have less tickets to have a shot at

it's very shortsighted

we try & keep this info quiet until we can give our regulars a crack at it

James Ford

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2010, 07:50:51 pm »
Wise words, Seth!!!

if you guys post links, then you're going to have less tickets to have a shot at

it's very shortsighted

bekessler

« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2010, 07:53:29 pm »
I don't think this addresses the issue of onsales not even listed on the ticketfly website, only soft sales etc.  I'm curious to know why the former even exists.

Bags

« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2010, 12:05:16 am »
The soft sales worked really well for a long time, and were and ARE incredibly appreciated.  But it's not working the same way, so it's not functioning for regulars.  Regulars don't know about these sales, they're not listed in the emails, and you can't find them (although I was sent via PM the way to use Google, but I don't think that's really the intent).  And I know at least some of the current tix available in this new type of soft sale are not available at the box office.

I think that's why, after all this time of the soft sale option, a thread like this has started now.  The way to find soft sales, or find out about them, CHANGED in the last month or two, and I know I and the regulars I talk with have been thoroughly confused (and we're not normally the folks here who are confused).

it's very shortsighted

tooms

« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2010, 12:18:48 am »
Agree with Bags.  These shows are leaking out in a very piecemeal fashion all of a sudden.  Word is getting out that shows are up on Ticketfly and there's a live link to buy tickets if you are creative.  If these aren't on sale or shouldn't be on sale then why is there a live link out there somewhere to buy tickets?  Don't know if that's the club's doing or Ticketfly's doing but that seems easy to manage.  If you don't want people getting tickets early before regulars or presales, then don't have a live TF link out there. 

And there are other shows that are sort of in limboland--Superchunk is a prime example.  That show went on sale several weeks ago.  I bought tickets on the onsale date.  Now TF doesn't list it.  Nor does the 930 site on upcoming shows. And Bags went to the box office and was told they weren't available there.  But the official Superchunk forum has a live link available that was posted by a band member after people were complaining there that they couldn't find the TF link.  How could they go on sale and now be hard to find?  And that show clearly isn't sold out. What gives?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2010, 12:30:15 am »
as bags notes, soft sales have become less predictable.  shows appear and disappear on TF.  one can buy tickets before the show is announced as a soft sale, and shows announced on soft sale randomly disappear.  lack of predictability has led regulars to seen an alternative... such as this thread.

if management and TF can work out a system where soft sales appear only when they're supposed to appear (and not before), and stay available (vs. randomly disappearing), this thread would be pointless... and harmony would be restore.  this thread is an attempt to deal with this unexpected variability.

I know I and the regulars I talk with have been thoroughly confused (and we're not normally the folks here who are confused).

speak for yourself.
<sig>

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2010, 07:20:28 am »
These "invisible" shows aren't even for sale at the box office - correct?  Didn't someone call them an "artist-only" sale - or something like that?   I just assumed that these on-sales are for fan clubs, band mailing lists, etc.   It's a way to make these tickets available to those groups without requiring a password.  Not a perfect method, obviously, but probably fairly effective.

I don't think it's accurate to compare these to soft sales.  Soft sales are meant for the general public - they're just not widely advertised.  These "invisible" shows are specifically hidden and not meant to be available to everyone - including boardies.  The fact that you can find them via a web search seems to be poor web design, more than anything else.  I wouldn't be surprised to see that disappear in the future - especially if the links are consistently made public knowledge.

As for this thread, I don't see much of a difference between posting these links here and other people posting our presale passwords to other forums.   I think it would be better to post a note saying the tickets are available, then share the links via PMs.   Soft sale shows are fair game.  They're listed on TicketFly and available at the club, so post away.     

I think we've got a nice little loophole in the system here.    The more it's advertised, the less effective it will be.

Shadrach

« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2010, 07:53:54 am »
Bombay pretty much nailed it there folks. My suggestion, if you're out there searching for yet to be announced shows and happen upon something, keep it to yourself. Posting these links here will only give us reason to use tougher security measures. In other words, you're only hurting yourselves in the long run.

These "invisible" shows aren't even for sale at the box office - correct?  Didn't someone call them an "artist-only" sale - or something like that?   I just assumed that these on-sales are for fan clubs, band mailing lists, etc.   It's a way to make these tickets available to those groups without requiring a password.  Not a perfect method, obviously, but probably fairly effective.

I don't think it's accurate to compare these to soft sales.  Soft sales are meant for the general public - they're just not widely advertised.  These "invisible" shows are specifically hidden and not meant to be available to everyone - including boardies.  The fact that you can find them via a web search seems to be poor web design, more than anything else.  I wouldn't be surprised to see that disappear in the future - especially if the links are consistently made public knowledge.

As for this thread, I don't see much of a difference between posting these links here and other people posting our presale passwords to other forums.   I think it would be better to post a note saying the tickets are available, then share the links via PMs.   Soft sale shows are fair game.  They're listed on TicketFly and available at the club, so post away.     

I think we've got a nice little loophole in the system here.    The more it's advertised, the less effective it will be.

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2010, 08:00:55 am »
bottom line is we hold tickets back for sales to our regulars

I can't tell you how many fights we have with bands to do that

but if we feel like our own people are trying to fuck with us, we will not care anymore

azaghal1981

« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2010, 09:03:55 am »
Points very well taken.
احمد

hutch

« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2010, 10:58:42 am »
JUst delete this thread.. bad idea...

At least Seth etc now know about the issues...

THanks Seth by the way.. much respect for the way you create a 930 community

Vas Deferens

« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2010, 11:23:44 am »
Mac from Superchunk is wondering why he can't find the event on ticketfly...

"why it is so well hidden is a mystery to all of us!"

check this thread....
http://www.mergerecords.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15970

P.S. I don't think the show will even sell out, so unless you're from out of town, you are definitely in panic mode if you bought tickets online.  Like James Ford, I like buying tickets at the box office and saving money.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 11:28:22 am by Vas Deferens »
(_|_)

walkonby

« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2010, 12:11:57 pm »
this is what you get when out of control internet downlaoding of music ruined the way artists used to make money, thereby creating a new need to tour and try to have a future . . . and caused everyone of them to smile and see the light as they can now fuck with the fans anyway possible.  i find it amusing.  music controls the masses.

azaghal1981

« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2010, 12:26:41 pm »
You and your anti-downloading whining.

I can't even make sense of it anymore.
احمد