Author Topic: Now Onsale  (Read 38582 times)

walkonby

Re: Now Onsale
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2010, 02:30:51 pm »
You and your anti-downloading whining.

I can't even make sense of it anymore.

you wouldn't believe how many times i think of myself . . . and say the same thing.

TFlyAmy

• Home
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2010, 02:57:21 pm »
Thanks a bunch for weighing in, Seth!

tooms

« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2010, 03:12:59 pm »
Seth--I'm totally with you.  I'm not looking for an end-around to get tickets.  I think the reason I (and others) are confused is that it seems lately that some shows pop up on TF and then they disappear for a long period of time and yet the date is listed on a band's site as on sale.  But there's no link available except thru this fancy footwork that some people are doing.  The Superchunk show, for example was not on soft sale (I think) and it seems odd that now one can't find it there or even at the box office.  Even the band seems confused about it (at least they were publicly on the forum--maybe they are square with you now).  Just trying to figure out how it's working now bc you've worked it so well in the past. 

Bags

« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2010, 04:58:58 pm »
I would NEVER eff with the club!  Bombay's explanation that it's actually a glitch for artists' presales is an entirely different thing.  It really was assumed that these were soft sales now handled in a different, too confusing way.  I think that this has occurred relatively soon after moving to TicketFly adds to the confusion that this is a change to the old soft sales system, which we all appreciate and utilize (and have been very good about keeping internal, as we normally do with presale passwords).

I support taking this thread down myself now...  Looks like this is not about soft sales, but something else entirely.

Namaste.

walkonby

« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2010, 09:45:02 pm »
i really like brian wallace.  he can kick dirt in my face all day long . . . and i still smile and say, "now the other foot please; i can almost see up your shorts."

atomicfront

« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2010, 12:31:12 am »
this is what you get when out of control internet downlaoding of music ruined the way artists used to make money, thereby creating a new need to tour and try to have a future . . . and caused everyone of them to smile and see the light as they can now fuck with the fans anyway possible.  i find it amusing.  music controls the masses.

Bands the size of the ones playing the 930 club never made any money off albums sales anyway.  Well except for ones like Hole who are their way down. 

vansmack

« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2010, 11:15:50 am »
Now, how should we punish sweetcell for starting this thread?
27>34

azaghal1981

« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2010, 11:17:30 am »
Dissing Clutch and now this...hmm.
احمد

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2010, 12:18:43 pm »
first off, i never dissed clutch (ya hear me, madgypsy?  i didn't!  never!  hey, wait - i said i never... aAAAaaaAaAaArg!!!).  i was just unaware of their awesomeness.  still a fail, but not as bad as dissing.

as for this thread... let's just delete it, m'kay?  at a minimum my initiative resulted in JA being spared from 4+ pages of debate.  we needed to hash this out, things are now clarified (thanks seth!), and the board moves on.
<sig>

Bags

« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2010, 10:07:46 am »
So, an example. Guided by Voices tickets just went on sale (10 a.m. this morning).  If you go to TicketFly, you can't find the tickets.  But, the Robert Pollard page has a link.  It's the 'general sale' and all the other GBV shows are selling out as they go on sale.  Just weird.  Great for me, I got my 4 tickets (there is a 4 ticket limit, so maybe this is somehow the 'artist's sale???).

yohansen5b

« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2010, 10:13:36 am »
So, an example. Guided by Voices tickets just went on sale (10 a.m. this morning).  If you go to TicketFly, you can't find the tickets.  But, the Robert Pollard page has a link.  It's the 'general sale' and all the other GBV shows are selling out as they go on sale.  Just weird.  Great for me, I got my 4 tickets (there is a 4 ticket limit, so maybe this is somehow the 'artist's sale???).

This is what I did this morning, too.  I found the links through the artists' websites.  I also found Hold Steady tickets have been on sale for at least a little while.

On a side note, has anyone had problems getting through the TicketFly order process?  After I asked for two tickets, it showed me the total expected charges, and I clicked "purchase".  Then, it would occasionally kick me out, all the way back to TicketFly's homepage. 

Bags

« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2010, 10:16:59 am »
 Ditto to The Hold Steady.  Tickets are on general sale, but unless you use the link through their page, you can't find it on TF.

From the Hold Steady email:

The Hold Steady have annouced new dates in September and October! Tickets will be available for pre-sale tomorrow (7/14) through www.theholdsteady.net. Tickets will be made available to the general public on Friday July 16th.

Bags

« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2010, 10:18:51 am »
I've heard about that, but god bless it's never happened to me.  TF was the sales source for the Matador 21 in Vegas tickets, and that was happening and  people were FREAKING OUT. Matador estimated about 20,000 people were vying for 2000 tickets, so getting bumped may have cost you your tickets.

This is what I did this morning, too.  I found the links through the artists' websites.  I also found Hold Steady tickets have been on sale for at least a little while.

On a side note, has anyone had problems getting through the TicketFly order process?  After I asked for two tickets, it showed me the total expected charges, and I clicked "purchase".  Then, it would occasionally kick me out, all the way back to TicketFly's homepage. 

Bags

« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2010, 10:19:58 am »
Hey Yohansen -- woo hoo, we got GBV tickets!!!  Now a walk with the dog, some gatorade for my hangover, and try for Philly tix at noon!

azaghal1981

« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2010, 10:22:44 am »
So much for my <wink wink> in JA.
احمد