Author Topic: brian and i  (Read 4891 times)

walkonby

brian and i
« on: July 15, 2010, 10:01:14 pm »
i like the idea of starting a whole thread just so that brian wallace and i can chat with each other about all sorts of things.  latest films, clothes we like to buy, where we shop, our favourite gravy recipes, who we like as puppet dictators.  you know, basic guy talk.  it perhaps won't go anywhere and be at the bottom of the page before long, but hey, i hereby extend my paw outwards and attempt to shake the hand of my new unseen friend. 

greetings, person of earth . . . i come in peace. (and no i don't mean come like that).

wml7

Re: brian and i
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 10:06:14 pm »
you have to add a cat photo to get things started  ;D

walkonby

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 10:13:19 pm »
good call!

"let's be friends"  (ooh, ooh . . . can i be the monkey?)

Vas Deferens

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 10:31:41 pm »
spank his monkey...
(_|_)

lagas

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 06:45:30 am »
add julian and it's a perfect triumvirate
zorra

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 08:53:10 am »

Brian

walkonby

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 09:26:20 am »
i wonder who gets to be "uncle monty"?  to the countryside!!!!

azaghal1981

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 09:27:56 am »
Julian is banned so Joe will do.
احمد

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2010, 10:16:39 am »
wow.  you guys impress me.  "withnail and i" was the first thing i thought about when i saw the title of this thread, but i didn't bother referencing it 'cause i didn't think anyone would know that movie.  well done.

i wonder who gets to be "uncle monty"?  to the countryside!!!!

funny, i didn't wonder at all ;D
<sig>

walkonby

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2010, 04:33:45 pm »
so brian . . . what is your opinion about musical downloading and the state it has created that we all live in now?  i myself have never downloaded a single note of a single song ever and still only listen to music the old fashion way by means of hard copy.  you know how us gays like it hard.  do you scour the net for hours searching for that free leak, or those internet only mix version of songs left well enough alone.  i like music.  i like new music.  i like odd music.  i like it when azag gets mad when i moan about downloading.  hope you are having a good weekend. 

i think maybe next we talk about our favourites food and restaurants.

walkonby

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2010, 12:50:54 pm »
nice one in that other thread.  i am a bit . . . jealous.

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2010, 08:43:57 pm »

First of all, I hope this doesn't turn into one of those Chuck Klosterman/Bill Simmons self-centered, pop culture dorkfests.  I'd like to think we're more refined than that.  Maybe if we can't give Katharine Weymouth a quarter mill to run with the big Beltway dogs at our own Salon, we can at least try to give her a stylish, super sassy makeover.

Rather I think we should aspire to recreate to this infamous (and most likely apocryphal) 70's encounter:

While recording "We Will Rock You'' at Wessex studios, Mercury came face to face with Sex Pistols bassist Sid Vicious. "So you're this Freddie Platinum bloke that's supposed to be bringing ballet to the masses,'' Vicious snarled, prompting a completely unfazed response from Mercury: "Ah, Mr. Ferocious, we're trying our best, dear.''

But we can switch roles every couple of weeks.  I'm a better pitcher than catcher, though.  Stronger arm.

If that doesn't work we can always go to the B roll:

When informed that the Pet Shop Boys cover of "Always on my Mind" had pipped The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl's immortal "Fairytale of New York" to the 1987 Christmas U.K. No. 1, Shane McGowan complained that they had been beaten by "two queens and drum machine."

Those roles are a little more difficult to ascertain...

Ummmmm.....No.  I don't download.  I probably more of a Luddite than you.  But you know, it's only really fun to be an anti-technology zealot if your name is Jack White.  It's not even the morality of downloading that I find so distasteful.  It's my megalomaniac tendencies.  It's too overwhelming.  It's a world of soup and all I have is a fork.  If I can't have it all, no one will.

Please be more specific, do you blame downloading for the general lack of manners in the modern age...or the slow, painful i.v. drip of the music industry...all of the fat kids running around...or something else?

Brian

wml7

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2010, 09:30:22 pm »
haha, this is great  ;D

walkonby

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2010, 11:10:36 pm »
to be quite honest, the picture comparison montage, that you made seem so effortless, was touching and poignant to an (inserted) degree, but you chose two bands/icons of a culture so often used as a reference that i'm not a fan of.  my beef with downloading is the medium.  like the page or the canvas or the film of a photograph.  plain and simple.  perhaps i am ignorant, but i believe that the downloading scene is a scheme to obtain music in an inferior form from inferior value, truely crushing an avenue that artists had to make money.  maybe the music scene was too big for its too much money ways and needed this earthquake shakedown that forced bands to embrace an internet revolution of "free"dom to seem relevant and not so self gratifing. 

and after all that . . . i just like to look at the art work.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2010, 10:50:42 pm »

i'm sure most of this applies to walkonby......here you go.....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/18/signs-your-husband-is-gay_n_687160.html#s128659
(_|_)