Author Topic: Arcade Fire Rollcall/ New Album Discussion  (Read 18394 times)

walkonby

Re: Arcade Fire Rollcall/ New Album Discussion
« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2010, 09:41:19 am »
People who are stoned can be just as annoying as people who are drunk.

people who are annoying or assholes while high . . . were that way from the start.  the pot just removed their blankets of deception.

Mobius

« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2010, 10:26:57 am »
That's a great point that a pit should be appopriate to the music.  Arcade Fire pit should be nice, polite, sarcastic, wasted yet understated even when exstatic . . . until there's a perceived infraction of social mores when its ok to drop the gloves and knock some teeth out . . . you know, a pit that reflects Canada.

Maybe the answer is to require people to get licensed before going to the ga pit . . .like driving or scuba diving . .  .requiring a demonstrated understanding of your surroundings, the ability to get riled up without invading other's personal space or violating conventional rules of being reasonably cool. . . . while sober, drunk, high, or other.  With Pit Marshalls in hipster camo patrolling with Tasers.

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2010, 02:42:36 pm »
LCD Soundsystem had twat: psyched 2 see @arcadefire tonite. miss those folks. such a good lp. a kick in the ass. maybe lcd need to make another one after all...

Please, dear God, no.  We thought we had gotten rid of you for good.

Four facts about The Arcade Fire:

1.  They number their songs (Neighborhood #1-4, Sprawl I, Sprawl II) and that's very Pink Floyd-ish. That can't be a good thing.

2.  They seem to idolize Springsteen and his hoary, God-awful "SAVED BY THE POWER OF ROCK AND ROLL", faux-earnest cliches.  That REALLY can't be a good thing.

3.  They were on the cover of Blender.  Panic! at the Disco wouldn't even sell out enough to be on the cover of Blender.

4.  They insist upon themselves.

Brian

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2010, 02:57:31 pm »
but are they more "real" than lady gaga?
<sig>

Vas Deferens

« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2010, 03:13:50 pm »
but you still like garbage, Brian!
(_|_)

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2010, 07:53:53 pm »
Brian doesn't like them...that can only be a good thing.

LCD Soundsystem had twat: psyched 2 see @arcadefire tonite. miss those folks. such a good lp. a kick in the ass. maybe lcd need to make another one after all...

Please, dear God, no.  We thought we had gotten rid of you for good.

Four facts about The Arcade Fire:

1.  They number their songs (Neighborhood #1-4, Sprawl I, Sprawl II) and that's very Pink Floyd-ish. That can't be a good thing.

2.  They seem to idolize Springsteen and his hoary, God-awful "SAVED BY THE POWER OF ROCK AND ROLL", faux-earnest cliches.  That REALLY can't be a good thing.

3.  They were on the cover of Blender.  Panic! at the Disco wouldn't even sell out enough to be on the cover of Blender.

4.  They insist upon themselves.

Brian

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #81 on: August 15, 2010, 03:59:56 pm »
but you still like garbage, Brian!

which is surprising, since they haven't released anything interesting since Version 2.0.  i thought brian liked only new, fresh music.
<sig>