Author Topic: Rally to Restore Sanity + March to Keep Fear Alive  (Read 6733 times)

yohansen5b

Rally to Restore Sanity + March to Keep Fear Alive
« on: September 17, 2010, 08:07:22 am »
Hopefully this wasn't posted in another thread...

Jon Stewart's Rally to Restore Sanity -- http://www.rallytorestoresanity.com/
Stephen Colbert's March to Keep Fear Alive -- http://www.keepfearalive.com/

October 30th, national mall.  What's the over/under this attracts more people than the last few Tea Party rallies?

killsaly

Re: Rally to Restore Sanity + March to Keep Fear Alive
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 08:34:22 am »
I actually think it might have a smaller turn out.  The Tea Party rallies had the advantage of taking place in the summer, and it is easier for people to make the trek out.  These two are in the middle of a semester, noone has any vacation, etc.  It will definitely be a big turn out, but i doubt it is record breaking.

Got Haggis?

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 08:42:24 am »
yeah, I don't think many people will travel from outside of the Baltimore/DC area to go to this, but i'll be there :)

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 09:01:35 am »
it would be awesome if a rally called by a couple of comedians outdid a rally called by a guy who is a joke but doesn't realize it...
_\|/_

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 09:35:05 am »

I expect an extremely low turnout.  It's tough to attend a rally ironically.

Brian

nkotb

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 09:40:54 am »
Plus, look at all the expected slacker turnout for the 2004 election to oust Bush.  We're not exactly the most motivated bunch (at least when it comes to ACTUALLY doing something).

I expect an extremely low turnout.  It's tough to attend a rally ironically.

Brian
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 09:42:42 am by nkotb »

Relaxer

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 09:44:01 am »
This appeals to smart intelligent people who work during the week and therefore want to relax on the weekends, spend some time with the kids, and not be in a mob. Therefore, turn-out will be lower.

Glenn Beck's rally appealed to unemployed fat stupid idiots who had nothing better to do in 2010 than stand in the heat and listen to a radio shock jock cry and wet himself. Therefore, turn-out was higher.

Seriously, you want to hold a massive rally? Just hone your messaging to the dipshits of the world, and it never hurts to offer free pancakes or buttons or whatever the hell
oword

nkotb

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 10:03:04 am »
Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait.  Back up a bit now.  There were pancakes???

This appeals to smart intelligent people who work during the week and therefore want to relax on the weekends, spend some time with the kids, and not be in a mob. Therefore, turn-out will be lower.

Glenn Beck's rally appealed to unemployed fat stupid idiots who had nothing better to do in 2010 than stand in the heat and listen to a radio shock jock cry and wet himself. Therefore, turn-out was higher.

Seriously, you want to hold a massive rally? Just hone your messaging to the dipshits of the world, and it never hurts to offer free pancakes or buttons or whatever the hell

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 10:29:33 am »
I was so giddy when i was watching this last night. As we saw on here the tickets all went in the blink of an eye, this is totally awesome! I will definitely be there with all of my friends!
‼‼?‼‼

walkonby

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2010, 10:47:13 am »
each group of people is a slave to one form of doctrine that is politically motivated and led by individuals out for their own gain.  and they hate the other side no matter what they think.  like football.  our government is nothing more than a 24 hour a day superbowl.  eat some wings and nachos.  all of them can go away . . . and we'll be alot better off.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 10:59:26 am by walkonby »

azaghal1981

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2010, 10:53:04 am »
doctrine*
احمد

walkonby

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2010, 10:58:49 am »
sory.   ;D

and thnks,  i hate when i do that.

Relaxer

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2010, 11:38:53 am »
each group of people is a slave to one form of doctrine that is politically motivated and led by individuals out for their own gain.  and they hate the other side no matter what they think.  like football.  our government is nothing more than a 24 hour a day superbowl.  eat some wings and nachos.  all of them can go away . . . and we'll be alot better off.

Disagree. Too many Tea-Party activists are blindly believing/adopting the rhetoric of people like Palin, Beck, et al who know they are spouting things that aren't true. "Death panels? Sure! I'll bet Obama's health care bill, of which I've read absolutely zero objective analysis, mandates them. Born in Kenya? Well despite absolute verification that he was born in the U.S., he got hisself a funny name plus he's black, so I'll bet he's a foreign Muslim."

The problem with the left is they have a sense of shame and decency.
oword

godsshoeshine

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2010, 11:49:53 am »
i smell baby's first fake news event!
o/\o

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2010, 11:52:00 am »
the far left is as crazy as the far right... 911 truthers, anti-globalizationers, and the like aren't much different from Teabaggers (actually some may be both).

We live in an era where extremists even from completely opposite sides are working hand in hand together.  Al Qaeda feeds right wing Christian fanatics who in turn feed Al Qaeda...

the real problem is that what the country needs is moderates and pragmatists, who can think through problems rather than mindlessly following one ideology or another.   And unfortunately such people are too... moderate.

Never has Yeats' saying been more true, "the best lack all conviction while the worst are full of passionate intensity."
_\|/_