Author Topic: a just announced thread having nothing to do with music so people are :D  (Read 37359 times)

walkonby

Re: a just announced thread having nothing to do with music so people are ;D
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2010, 08:10:18 pm »
sorry brian . . . my shit is nine thirty forum exclusive.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2010, 08:22:13 pm »
Touche
T.Rex

walkonby

« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2010, 11:56:48 am »
wouldn't you know it . . . all of a sudden everybody wants to change dadt as quick as possible. they are making sure that every news outlet and everybody in the u.s. is talking about the gays in the military NOW. not yesterday, not tommorow, but NOW. the public must forget about the wikileaks.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2010, 12:13:24 pm »
^ Exactly! It's a diversion from even more pressing issues.

Heard somewhere recently that a study was done (maybe by the Pentagon) that found that having openly gays in the military did not at all create any problems. In today's society, that doesn't surprise me in the least!

What always botherd me; besides the blatant discrimination; was all these guys assuming that everyone, including gay men, wanted to have sex with THEM. Get over yourselves, phobes! You are not always that appealing.

walkonby

« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2010, 12:16:04 pm »

Jaguar

« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2010, 12:18:14 pm »
^ Okay, maybe this one is. LOL

But, for myself, I'm not into the military type at all. Not that this would relate to me...

walkonby

« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2010, 01:15:09 pm »
i know someone who's excited about all this dadt talk.

Jaguar

« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2010, 01:27:20 pm »
^ Looks like he's been sucking on his mother's eyeliner.

walkonby

« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2010, 09:37:46 am »
yes, this has something to do with music.

http://pitchfork.com/news/40867-jack-white-fights-with-whining-fans/

thank you jack!!!  today's music "fans" are whiny bitches who want everything digital.  fuck them.

walkonby

« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2010, 09:42:58 am »
oh yeah . . . and five more years of somebody who should have retired two years ago.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2010, 10:47:24 am »
Actually white's whining about the market he fuels with all his limited edition pressings, sold only at his show exclusives, etc..  He is the master of this merchandising,  the fact that you have to pay a yearly membership fee, just for the opportunity to buy even more exclusive stuff speaks volumes.  He has no qualms charging $30 for a vinyl version of his releases.

T.Rex

walkonby

« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2010, 11:04:11 am »
yet people have no qualms downloading stuff for free insteading paying for it.

and the fact that bands like gorillaz have to make a new album and give it away for free on the ipad just to stay relevant nowadays . . . speaks even louder volumes.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2010, 11:59:29 am »

not following you there... this story is about people complaining about paying hundred of dollars for vinyl, "yet people have no qualms downloading stuff for free insteading paying for it"?  doesn't make sense.  one follows the other - people don't wanna pay for music. 

and the fact that bands like gorillaz have to make a new album and give it away for free on the ipad just to stay relevant nowadays . . . speaks even louder volumes.

that's the second time you've mis-used the word "relevant" in the past 24 hours or so. 
<sig>

walkonby

« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2010, 01:34:17 pm »

not following you there... this story is about people complaining about paying hundred of dollars for vinyl, "yet people have no qualms downloading stuff for free insteading paying for it"?  doesn't make sense.  one follows the other - people don't wanna pay for music. 

that's the second time you've mis-used the word "relevant" in the past 24 hours or so. 

in the article, he also complained about people who were commenting that they want it all to be digital which is "lazy and boring."  that is what i was talking about there. 

and i was using the definition of relevance as it states to the ability to retrieve material that satisfies the needs of the user . . . which giving an album away for free so you can be like radiohead, falls into.  i think.  but sometimes i am dumb.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2010, 01:47:08 pm »
and i was using the definition of relevance as it states to the ability to retrieve material that satisfies the needs of the user . . . which giving an album away for free so you can be like radiohead, falls into.  i think.  but sometimes i am dumb.

there is a difference, nowadays, between an album's ability to satify users and those same users' willingness to pay.  let's not equate them.
<sig>