Author Topic: a just announced thread having nothing to do with music so people are :D  (Read 37354 times)

walkonby

Re: a just announced thread having nothing to do with music so people are ;D
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2010, 03:32:02 pm »
hard to really put into words.  for the longest time, i was one of those.  i hate the wars.  i hate the soldiers in those wars.  i hate the people who become those soldiers in those wars.  but i watched this movie called jarhead just now.  i was bored and stayed home from work today because we got an inch or so of snow where i live, and on the way to work there were four accidents, including a cop that went off the road and got plowed into by another car . . . due to an inch of snow.  so i watched a movie.  and somehow my opinions began shifting.  not about war, or the soldier, but the people who become those soldiers.  the ones who are real and are people just like me, who would give up their place on this planet for something they believe in but come out the other side mentally altered and perhaps damaged forever when it is all said and done.  somehow i feel like a coward for the way i used to think . . . but never will again.  funny how a simple movie can be a catalyst for change.

Ardamus

• Ardamus
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2010, 02:06:23 am »
Who wants to see Tron? I'm addicted to that damn game on my iPod Touch.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 02:09:36 am by Ardamus »

walkonby

« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2010, 09:13:39 am »
Who wants to see Tron? I'm addicted to that damn game on my iPod Touch.

you can only see it . . . if you "pay what you want" at the theatres.  that's the new concept the kids are ok with.  soon they'll want "pay what you want" groceries, "pay what you want" bar tabs, "pay what you want" hookers.  and everybody will go right along with it because that's is what the kids want nowadays.

walkonby

« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2010, 12:00:39 am »
a cure for the worst tragedy our planet has seen since the bubonic plauge? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40666443/ns/health-aids/

holy shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2010, 02:00:22 am »
a cure for the worst tragedy our planet has seen since the bubonic plauge? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

that would be malaria, FYI.
<sig>

walkonby

« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2010, 09:29:41 am »
i post a post about perhaps a cure for the one of the worst things our planet has ever seen . . . and you want to attack me?

god you must really have a miserable pathetic, not worth the fucking shit air you breathe to survive, life.  fuck off and fucking die you asshole.  and don't ever post in a thread i make or after anything i say, you punk excuse for a bitch.  what a shithole cunt you are.  go wash out your pussy and realize that there are are plenty of people on here that wish you go the fuck away.  forever.  and walk out in front of a bus, while you're at it.  no don't . . . i would hate for somebody to care that you are dead.  just be a miserable asshole who needs to be bitch slapped. 

wml7

« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2010, 10:20:54 am »
wow  :o

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2010, 11:45:19 am »
wow indeed.

walkonby, that wasn't an attack on you in any way.  sorry that you felt that it was.  certainly not my intention.  i'm not even sure how you could have construed as much... we were talking diseases.

in case you think i don't care about HIV/AIDS... stop.  i'm not going to brandish my credentials but trust me when i say i'm very well aware of the disease and its impacts.  this new bone-marrow treatment is pretty exciting.

a better line of attack for you would have been to point out that nowadays, it is estimated that more people die from AIDS-related complications than from malaria.  this has only recently been the case.  i thought that malaria was still the bigger killer, but i was wrong.

love, bacon and lolcats,
sweetcell
<sig>

nkotb

« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2010, 11:57:21 am »
Oh what?  So now you love malaria??  FLIP FLOPPER!!

wow indeed.

walkonby, that wasn't an attack on you in any way.  sorry that you felt that it was.  certainly not my intention.  i'm not even sure how you could have construed as much... we were talking diseases.

in case you think i don't care about HIV/AIDS... stop.  i'm not going to brandish my credentials but trust me when i say i'm very well aware of the disease and its impacts.  this new bone-marrow treatment is pretty exciting.

a better line of attack for you would have been to point out that nowadays, it is estimated that more people die from AIDS-related complications than from malaria.  this has only recently been the case.  i thought that malaria was still the bigger killer, but i was wrong.

love, bacon and lolcats,
sweetcell

Relaxer

« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2010, 01:12:06 pm »
One time I spent a night at a beachhouse with 12 Jewish people and as the night progressed and talk wound around to the Palestinian conflict, I was asked "so what do YOU think?" and 24 Jewish eyes looked at me very hard because everyone knows the conflict is entirely and completely the Palestinian's fault and there is no room for debate or discussion. So I lit a roman candle and chased those Jews around the beach with it as they screamed "Oy!" and "Someone's gonna get hurt!" and "Are those really six dollars apiece?" The irony is that the only person that got burnt was me, and I bear the scar to this day.
oword

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2010, 01:17:16 pm »
Oh, no.  :-\

Sweetcell, you know, you have been picking on Walkie lately. Yes, you have. Don't try to deny it. Then you come up and try to 'correct' him, or so you thought. Obviously, it didn't sit too well. It was like salt on a wound.

Walkie is one of my favorites around here so when he's hurting, I'm hurting. And I will be watching from afar. Tail flopping away and all.

wml7

« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2010, 01:19:22 pm »
haha, cute  ;D

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2010, 01:51:16 pm »
<sig>

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground