Author Topic: a just announced thread having nothing to do with music so people are :D  (Read 37346 times)

miss pretentious

• ohai.
Re: a just announced thread having nothing to do with music so people are :D
« Reply #120 on: April 09, 2011, 05:04:52 pm »
Since Chillwave has nothing to do music...  Why do people listen to this CRAP do they honestly think they are listening to something experimental?  It honestly sounds like someone with no talent tweaking some knobs...

Jim McMahon has recently immersed himself heavily into Chillwave.
nothx

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #121 on: April 09, 2011, 06:28:26 pm »
Since Chillwave has nothing to do music...  Why do people listen to this CRAP do they honestly think they are listening to something experimental?  It honestly sounds like someone with no talent tweaking some knobs...

it's the same reason people will stand in line for an hour at a mediocre restaurant, even if there's an equally good restaurant with no line next door.
_\|/_

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #122 on: April 09, 2011, 09:41:30 pm »
Hype: it's a powerful tool.

walkonby

« Reply #123 on: April 13, 2011, 07:04:06 pm »
fuck barry bonds

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #124 on: April 21, 2011, 01:11:38 pm »

The Beastie Boy's "Fight For Your Right-Revisited" is the hipster, white wannabe version of "Scream 4" and "Jay and Silent Bob Fight Back."  Discuss.

All this self-ironic/meta about being meta/self-ironic is NOT going to age well.

Brian

slappy

« Reply #125 on: April 22, 2011, 11:41:34 pm »

All this self-ironic/meta about being meta/self-ironic is NOT going to age well.

Brian

So does this mean you are delusional enough to think you can break through this 'self-ironic/meta about being meta/self-ironic' barrier by still adding your name after each post?

Someone should do a documentary looking into the lifestyles of people that feel the need to write their names after they post on message boards. It doesn't matter the subject or focus of the message board, I bet they all have some messed up stuff goin' on, like hoarding ferrets or saving their armpit hair.

Ardamus

• Ardamus
« Reply #126 on: April 25, 2011, 07:37:55 pm »
Ok, its a big possibility that I might be headed to Amsterdam on May 10th after I perform at DC9 opening for Beans of Anti-Pop Consortium. Anyone thats been to Amsterdam, where do you suggest I go?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #127 on: April 25, 2011, 11:20:22 pm »
Ok, its a big possibility that I might be headed to Amsterdam on May 10th after I perform at DC9 opening for Beans of Anti-Pop Consortium. Anyone thats been to Amsterdam, where do you suggest I go?

depends - what's your vibe?  museums?  shopping?  people watching?  architecture?  nightlife?  lemme know, i should be able to help you out.  i've spent a lot of time in a'dam.

the one thing you don't want to do is adhere to the stereotype of many an american tourist: checks in to the first (and cheesiest) coffeeshop they come across, buys some dope that was designed to tranquilize a horse, and proceeds to lose it b/c they've never had anything that strong before.  trust me, they've got sh*t that we ain't got here.  just stay away from the top of the line stuff.  you'll thank me later ;D
<sig>

walkonby

« Reply #128 on: April 26, 2011, 09:09:03 am »
i can't wait til they shut that country down.  they hate us over there.  they don't want us in their country.  we ruin everything.  america ruins everything.  just stay the fuck home.  we have pot here.  we have museums here.  we have people who will pick your pocket here.  we have coffee here.  we have people who smoke pot where they want here.  we have pot that will destroy you here.  the end.  amsterdam is for high school nerds.

hutch

« Reply #129 on: April 26, 2011, 09:11:41 am »
i can't wait til they shut that country down.  they hate us over there.  they don't want us in their country.  we ruin everything.  america ruins everything.  just stay the fuck home.  we have pot here.  we have museums here.  we have people who will pick your pocket here.  we have coffee here.  we have people who smoke pot where they want here.  we have pot that will destroy you here.  the end.  amsterdam is for high school nerds.

We don't have dutch women here.....

oh wait..

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #130 on: April 26, 2011, 10:23:21 am »

« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 01:36:06 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
so i saw a poster at U St music hall advertising an upcoming show featuring "in flagranti" and "anoraak".  i've never heard of these two acts, and the way their names were written on the ad made it look like they were one act: "in flagranti anoraak".  i thought that was the best band name EVAR.
<sig>

Ardamus

• Ardamus

good god, tell us how you really feel. LOL. hate on hater. don't stop hating.

maybe they hate you and the people you roll with but i went and got a lot of love over there. the concept of that place is to live life with choices but also be somewhat responsible over there. two of my homies that used to live in DC moved over there now. enjoying life. not because of the drugs you can do and the sex you can easily get. but the fact that they are very calm community that doesn't tolerate bullshit. but hey, agree to disagree......aiight? cool.

Ardamus

• Ardamus

depends - what's your vibe?  museums?  shopping?  people watching?  architecture?  nightlife?  lemme know, i should be able to help you out.  i've spent a lot of time in a'dam.

the one thing you don't want to do is adhere to the stereotype of many an american tourist: checks in to the first (and cheesiest) coffeeshop they come across, buys some dope that was designed to tranquilize a horse, and proceeds to lose it b/c they've never had anything that strong before.  trust me, they've got sh*t that we ain't got here.  just stay away from the top of the line stuff.  you'll thank me later ;D

my homies that live over there now schooled and said the same thing. matter of fact, the cats i rolled with over there have been there about 6 times before. lets just say that it was like family over there.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #134 on: February 05, 2014, 07:25:00 pm »
this is one of my favorite threads i have ever started.  i need to bitch like this more often. 

such as

i fucking hate that stupid fucking long island psychic.  fuck people who want to talk to the dead.  why do they care.  theyre dead, you stupid idiot.  they are not coming back and they hate you for bugging them.  she is worse than those fucking rip off tv preachers begging for a dime so jesus wont kill you.