Author Topic: Coachella Lineup  (Read 33666 times)

Re: Coachella Lineup
« Reply #120 on: February 05, 2004, 12:51:00 pm »
Rednecks like Tim McGraw and Kenny Chesney. Alt-country is the antithesis of that. Just like punk rock was the antithesis of bloated prog-rock back in the 70's.

John Edwards is from North Carolina. Is he a redneck? And I lived in the Triangle Area, which, save for DC, has the highest rate of PHD's in the country...way higher rate than Baltimore.

And Vansmack is a NASCAR fan, and he seems like the antithesis of a redneck to me.

Originally posted by sonickteam2:

Originally posted by Rutherford J. Balls:

I think it's hilarious than Sonick would call me a redneck.

alt-country
   north carolina
   NASCAR

those are my reasons   :)  [/b]

ggw

« Reply #121 on: February 05, 2004, 12:51:00 pm »
  you know, thats funny you mention that. When i was young, i went to PEI with a friends family and it is beautiful.  We had this house on the beach and everything.  Except it was freakin 50 degrees every damn day in the middle of June!!!
   sure, i want to go into that water.  crazy assholes.
PEI has become a hot destination ever since they built a bridge connecting it to the mainland.  Now they have like five different Anne of Green Gables conventions every year.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #122 on: February 05, 2004, 01:10:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  PEI has become a hot destination ever since they built a bridge connecting it to the mainland.  Now they have like five different Anne of Green Gables conventions every year.
i've contemplated doing a driving tour of the maritime provinces. . .and being able to drive to pei is really cool.  course, going to st. john in newfoundland, and taking the ferry to nova scotia sounds really cool too.
OU812

sonickteam2

« Reply #123 on: February 05, 2004, 01:38:00 pm »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:
  i've contemplated doing a driving tour of the maritime provinces. . .and being able to drive to pei is really cool.  course, going to st. john in newfoundland, and taking the ferry to nova scotia sounds really cool too.
fly up there and rent a car. the less people that know you are American up there the better. they are not as "US friendly" at Ontario or BC.

:)

« Reply #124 on: February 05, 2004, 01:41:00 pm »
So where are the best & least US friendly places in the frozen north, eh???

mankie

« Reply #125 on: February 05, 2004, 01:41:00 pm »

fly up there and rent a car. the less people that know you are American up there the better. they are not as "US friendly" at Ontario or BC.

:)  [/b]
They don't like doodles! I'm shocked and awed...why ever not?

« Reply #126 on: February 05, 2004, 01:50:00 pm »
Probably because they are Canadian rednecks, akin to American rednecks who don't take too kindly to fureners.

Originally posted by mankie:

:)   [/b]
They don't like doodles! I'm shocked and awed...why ever not? [/b]

sonickteam2

« Reply #127 on: February 05, 2004, 01:56:00 pm »
Originally posted by Dupek Chopra:
  So where are the best & least US friendly places in the frozen north, eh???
hmmm. thats a tough one.  

friendly - I would say most of Ontario and British Columbia definitely. and some of Alberta as well.

unfriendly - mostly just NS/Newfie and PEI  along with Montreal.  but Montreal are just dicks anyway.

think about it this way, very rural places have more narrowminded views sometimes, and how much do you think American tourism boosts the Saskatchewan economy!

sonickteam2

« Reply #128 on: February 05, 2004, 01:58:00 pm »
  Probably because they are Canadian rednecks, akin to American rednecks who don't take too kindly to fureners.

[/QB][/QUOTE]

correct

sarcastic, but correct.

mankie

« Reply #129 on: February 05, 2004, 02:13:00 pm »

[/b]
correct

sarcastic, but correct. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Redneck American = French Canadian

NO?

« Reply #130 on: February 05, 2004, 02:21:00 pm »
I dunno, I seem to recall the French Canadians as being more like French people than American rednecks...but then again I've only ever been to Montreal.

sonickteam2

« Reply #131 on: February 05, 2004, 02:23:00 pm »
  I dunno, I seem to recall the French Canadians as being more like French people than American rednecks...but then again I've only ever been to Montreal.
yeah.  french Canadians are not the rednecks at all.  its the ones up north and in the prairie. yikes.

the french canadians (frogs) are more like New Yorkers i suppose than anything else down here.

« Reply #132 on: February 05, 2004, 02:40:00 pm »
Funny, I was going to use the New YOrker comparison as well.

yeah.  french Canadians are not the rednecks at all.  its the ones up north and in the prairie. yikes.

the french canadians (frogs) are more like New Yorkers i suppose than anything else down here. [/b]

sonickteam2

« Reply #133 on: February 05, 2004, 02:42:00 pm »
  Funny, I was going to use the New YOrker comparison as well.

haha, New Yorkers smell better though, right!

ggw

« Reply #134 on: February 05, 2004, 02:55:00 pm »
  the french canadians (frogs) are more like New Yorkers i suppose than anything else down here.
In what sense?