Author Topic: Concert Posters  (Read 18458 times)

Random Citizen

  • Guest
Re: Concert Posters
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2004, 06:06:00 pm »
Yep, and the crown jewel is the Big Top Halloween LP. It'll be well over $100 when that auction ends in a couple of days.
 
 One day I'll have enough cash to randomly splurge on that. Damn being responsible with my money!
 
 
Quote
Originally posted by brennser:
  that afghan whigs poster is sweet! right now on ebay there is someone selling a bunch of afghan whigs rareties, early signed photos, t-shirts, lps, singles
 
 they're going for big bucks

Venerable Bede

  • Member
  • Posts: 3863
Re: Concert Posters
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2004, 06:21:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by ggw?:
  Bede -- This GBV poster is kinda cool.  
personally, i like this one:   <img src="http://www.gigposters.com/posters/7401.jpg" alt=" - " />
 
 and i'm also in love with this other steve walters poster: http://www.gigposters.com/posters.php?poster=7107
OU812

grotty

  • Guest
Re: Concert Posters
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2004, 06:31:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by brennser:
  by the way grotty - beautiful framing jobs - I did my first last week but kept it simple with no matting
thx! you can easily spend MUCH more on the framing than on the 'art'

grotty

  • Guest
Re: Concert Posters
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2004, 06:33:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:
  ...i'm also in love with this other steve walters poster:  http://www.gigposters.com/posters.php?poster=7107
That Pavement poster is ****ing awesome!

paige

  • Guest
Re: Concert Posters
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2004, 06:51:00 pm »
i'm too lazy to see on the site itself the answer to my question -- can you buy some of the posters put up on gigposter.com? some of them are beyond amazingly awesome.

grotty

  • Guest
Re: Concert Posters
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2004, 07:18:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by i do not heart winter:
  i'm too lazy to see on the site itself the answer to my question -- can you buy some of the posters put up on gigposter.com? some of them are beyond amazingly awesome.
You often can. The best bet I've found is to follow the links in the menu bar off to the left that will take you to the artist's site.

Bags

  • Member
  • Posts: 8535
Re: Concert Posters
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2004, 01:18:00 pm »
Grotty, you suck.  I spent two hours today perusing all those poster sites (and it's an ostensibly busy day at work).  Bought a Buzzcocks and a QOTSA.
   ;)

grotty

  • Guest
Re: Concert Posters
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2004, 01:29:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by Bagster:
  Grotty, you suck.  I spent two hours today perusing all those poster sites (and it's an ostensibly busy day at work).  Bought a Buzzcocks and a QOTSA.
    :D

ggw

  • Member
  • Posts: 14237
Re: Concert Posters
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2004, 01:39:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by Bagster:
  Grotty, you suck.  I spent two hours today perusing all those poster sites (and it's an ostensibly busy day at work).  Bought a Buzzcocks and a QOTSA.
    ;)  
Pictures....Links....
 
 These guys have some nice posters for QOTSA and Buzzcocks.

grotty

  • Guest
Re: Concert Posters
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2004, 01:44:00 pm »
I like that Voodoo catbox site. I have this one back from the Heartbreaker days framed & up:
 
  Ryan Adams
 
 If he doesn't get his shit together I may have to take it down.

Ikarus

  • Guest
Re: Concert Posters
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2004, 02:02:00 pm »
<img src="http://www.monozine.com/images/postspiritcaravan.jpg" alt=" - " />
 and more cool stuff courtesy of ottobar.
 and, actually, i think nolen strals curated a concert poster exhibit at artscape last year.  good stuff.

mankie

  • Guest
Re: Concert Posters
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2004, 02:16:00 pm »
I remember back in manc in the late 70's/early 80's, there were homemade concert posters for for all these "up and coming" bands. Sex Pistols, Clash, Joy Division, Smiths etc etc.....if only I'd had the foresight to take them down and store them...they'd be worth and absolute fortune now.
 
 Oh well....my own fault I suppose.

grotty

  • Guest
Re: Concert Posters
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2004, 02:26:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by mankie:
  I remember back in manc in the late 70's/early 80's, there were homemade concert posters for for all these "up and coming" bands. Sex Pistols, Clash, Joy Division, Smiths etc etc.....if only I'd had the foresight to take them down and store them...they'd be worth and absolute fortune now.
 
 Oh well....my own fault I suppose.
Read the comments to the left of this poster. Someone's paying him just to  reproduce  vintage posters.
 
   http://www.gigposters.com/posters.php?poster=20357
 
 You could have been a wealthy(er) man.

Bags

  • Member
  • Posts: 8535
Re: Concert Posters
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2004, 02:37:00 pm »
I love that Ryan Adams poster....wish I liked him more (no aspersions cast, I don't know him).
 
 So, this is my  Buzzcocks purchase, and this is my  QOTSA purchase.  But I gotta say, DAMN they have a lot of good posters.  I could just plaster my place with QOTSA posters, but, I don't love them *that* much.

grotty

  • Guest
Re: Concert Posters
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2004, 02:41:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by Bagster:
  I love that Ryan Adams poster....wish I liked him more (no aspersions cast, I don't know him).
 
 So, this is my  Buzzcocks purchase, and this is my  QOTSA purchase.  But I gotta say, DAMN they have a lot of good posters.  I could just plaster my place with QOTSA posters, but, I don't love them *that* much.
I like them both, but I sure couldn't hang those @ work!  :D  
 
 I've got this QOTSA lying around somewhere just waiting it's turn:
 
  Queens...