Author Topic: Super Bowl XLV: Steelers vs. Packers  (Read 10653 times)

hutch

Re: Super Bowl XLV: Steelers vs. Packers
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2011, 12:21:22 pm »
I'm surprised the Steelers aren't favored...

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2011, 12:31:02 pm »
I don't want the Steelers to win, but I am rooting for a good game.

I think it's hard to think that the dominance of both teams defenses will be exploited. I'm excited to see Troy Palamalu and Clay Matthews do their things and am hoping for some big hits. I think the one big advantage one team has over the other is Ben Roethlisberger, unfortunately. His ability to move around and keep plays alive is undeniable. Yes, he is a fat rapist, but his skills at quarterback are literally disgusting. I despise that motherfucker and his team and his city. He's the only thing that worries me, I don't see the Packers winning this game, but I'll be rooting for them as if they're the Redskins becuase I hate the Steelers that much.

I almost shit my pants when the Cardinals ALMOST beat them a few years back. It was a good game, BUT the Steelers won. I hope that trend doesn't continue. I seriously can't stand watching them win another Super Bowl.
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2011, 12:35:40 pm »

I think it's hard to think that the dominance of both teams defenses will be exploited. I'm excited to see Troy Palamalu and Clay Matthews do their things and am hoping for some big hits. I think the one big advantage one team has over the other is Ben Roethlisberger, unfortunately. His ability to move around and keep plays alive is undeniable. Yes, he is a fat rapist, but his skills at quarterback are literally disgusting. I despise that motherfucker and his team and his city. He's the only thing that worries me, I don't see the Packers winning this game, but I'll be rooting for them as if they're the Redskins becuase I hate the Steelers that much.

I almost shit my pants when the Cardinals ALMOST beat them a few years back. It was a good game, BUT the Steelers won. I hope that trend doesn't continue. I seriously can't stand watching them win another Super Bowl.

I almost wish the Steelers lose just because their fans have become unbearable but can you blame them? They flat out win.

The thing about Ben's rape I just don't let that enter the equation and I think people who say they want the Packers to win because of that are flat out ridiculous.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2011, 12:37:33 pm »
They were last week, weird.
‼‼?‼‼

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2011, 12:45:06 pm »

Were they?  Are you sure?  You mean the line flipped?

I almost wish the Steelers lose just because their fans have become unbearable but can you blame them? They flat out win.

Yes.  Pittsburgh fans are the sorriest, most-unbearable, arrogant, entitled, snotty, intolerant fans in the world.  They're Beatles fans.  However, if you could combine them with the woe-is-me, we'll-NEVER-win, navel gazing, depressed (you know, Cure fans) Eagles fans from the East, you'd have a normal Pennsylvania sports enthusiast.

Polamalu freelances SOOOO much I'd love to see a good offensive coordinator expose him.  People think he's great.  I think he's more good + lucky.

Brian

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2011, 12:52:16 pm »

The thing about Ben's rape I just don't let that enter the equation and I think people who say they want the Packers to win because of that are flat out ridiculous.
Not at all saying I want the Packers to win because of Ben's alleged rape, it's becuase I hate the Packers. I was AT FedEx on that Monday night when at LEAST half the stadium was their fans. Yes, I was an asshole, but this is MY hometown! It's bad enough they win, but they came into our stadium and did that! It was ridiculous, yes we are to blame, but it still sucked so hard. It's shaming really. Our organization doesn't give a shit about us as fans. But, that's neither here nor there.
‼‼?‼‼

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2011, 12:57:26 pm »

Were they?  Are you sure?  You mean the line flipped?

Yes.  Pittsburgh fans are the sorriest, most-unbearable, arrogant, entitled, snotty, intolerant fans in the world.  They're Beatles fans.  However, if you could combine them with the woe-is-me, we'll-NEVER-win, navel gazing, depressed (you know, Cure fans) Eagles fans from the East, you'd have a normal Pennsylvania sports enthusiast.

Polamalu freelances SOOOO much I'd love to see a good offensive coordinator expose him.  People think he's great.  I think he's more good + lucky.

Brian

I wish we had that in our defensive backs. I mean, I think Landry is great, but he's pretty reckless. Somehow I think Palamalu has more control and is very shut down. It hasn't been until the last few games I've seen him miss. He's a beast. I'd take him over any other safety in the NFL right now.
‼‼?‼‼

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2011, 01:05:11 pm »
Pittsburgh fans are the sorriest, most-unbearable, arrogant, entitled, snotty, intolerant fans in the world. 

so how are you not a Steelers fan?
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2011, 01:09:01 pm »

They have never been favored.  It opened at GB -2.5, went up to -3 and is now back down to GB -2.5.
27>34

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2011, 01:10:34 pm »

They have never been favored.  It opened at GB -2.5, went up to -3 and is now back down to GB -2.5.
Well that's surprising, nice to see a change though. I was certain the Steelers were favored.
‼‼?‼‼

killsaly

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2011, 01:21:34 pm »
Pittsburgh fans are the sorriest, most-unbearable, arrogant, entitled, snotty, intolerant fans in the world. 
Hey not all of us! Some of us are very un-sorry, bearable, modest, thankful, nice, and tolerant.  Our team just happens to win a lot. 

hutch

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2011, 01:24:18 pm »

Not at all saying I want the Packers to win because of Ben's alleged rape, it's becuase I hate the Packers. I was AT FedEx on that Monday night when at LEAST half the stadium was their fans. Yes, I was an asshole, but this is MY hometown! It's bad enough they win, but they came into our stadium and did that! It was ridiculous, yes we are to blame, but it still sucked so hard. It's shaming really. Our organization doesn't give a shit about us as fans. But, that's neither here nor there.
Oh I know you weren't.. just seeing a lot of other people who are..

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2011, 01:25:17 pm »

so how are you not a Steelers fan?

You know I like My Chemical Romance.  We're not like that.

Brian

Mobius

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2011, 01:45:45 pm »
I hate to say it but I see a similar situation to nfc championship with rodgers rolling early then getting shaken up by a deliberate cheap shot and steelers pulling it out (as roethlisberger is opposite of cutler).  Unless that doesn't happen.  Best case scenario is cwoodson winning mvp forcing turnovers that packers capitalize on.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2011, 01:48:23 pm »
to be honest, i like that the steelers are hated now
o/\o