Author Topic: The Grammys  (Read 9481 times)

walkonby

Re: The Grammys
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2011, 01:42:30 pm »
you know, i was cleaning the house the other day.  and i listened to my old cd walkman.  it was neato.  i popped in zeitgeist because i hadn't listened to it in awhile.  and i liked it.  it was cool and rocking and i bopped my head between dishes into laundry.

i bet brian is sexy without his shirt on. 

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2011, 01:59:52 pm »
I remember a couple of years ago when "The Smashing Pumpkins" were about to release "Zeitgeist" and I called bullshit on THAT.  And EVERYBODY on this board was like:  "You're a fool!"  "You're an idiot!"  "The greatest band of the 90's is coming back!", "How DARE you criticize the genius of Billy Corgan?!?!!" etc, etc.  Find the thread.

How did that work out for you?  History demonstrated that I was right.  The Smashing Pumpkins were an overrated joke of a band THEN.  They're an overrated joke of a band NOW.  And ALWAYS WILL BE.  How many times have you listened to "Tarantula" recently?

So keep chirping about The Arcade Fire.  How they saved your over-extended souls.  Time will, once again, prove I'm correct.

wow.  you were right once, supposedly, so of course this means that you'll be forever correct.  you keep clinging to that one incident from 4 years ago, buddy. 

i like the streak walalce has been on recently: the more he posts, the more he proves what a deluded and unknowledgeable douche he is.  keep the hate coming.

despite the above, i still stand by what i previously wrote:
until he shares with us what he considers acceptable music, his tirades are meaningless.  for all we know he's into britney spears, Xtina and MCR - making his anti-Beatles rants his biggest joke of all.  he's like a 6-year-old having a temper tantrum about life being unfair.

speaking of which:
I'm intrigued by Brian, not because of what he hates, but I'm curious what gets his stamp of approval. OK, we know what he thinks sucks. So what rules? Feed us a positive post every now and again. Let's see how good his tastes are. That way we can take immense pleasure in validating them or ripping them to shreds.

i've been curious about this for a while.  i've asked several times and he's never answered.  he's recently stated that he really likes radiohead's "the bends" - it's a start.

<sig>

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2011, 02:31:29 pm »
Being one who tends to do all of my walking on the other side of the road, I love Brian. Seriously. Not romantically of course but as a member of this forum.

Granted, I rarely agree with a lot of what he says but that's all besides the point. Sometimes I actually agree with him regarding some things that everyone else disagrees with him about. Thing is, for me, it's not at all about what he likes and dislikes. It's all about his delivery. He writes well and he often makes me laugh. Added bonus, he's good at calling bullshit on others... even though, again, I 'may' not agree with him. Then again, occasionally, he's right on the mark! He's got balls. Strange ones, but he's got 'em.

Reading Brian's posts are a whole lot like how it use to be for me when I would bother with the NME, especially about 10 years or so ago. They could tear the living shit out of my favorite band but they always did it in a way that left me laughing my ass off. Ultimately, both Brian and the NME are great well written musical comedy with a punch.

ggw

« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2011, 02:42:52 pm »
Pretty sure Walalce is a big Smiths fan.  Pavement, White Stripes, and assorted Brit-Pop bands also come to mind.

I like Walalce.  He is annoying but in a far wittier way than Rhett Miller 1.0 was.

Perhaps I just like him is because he gets all the Radiohead fans in a tizzy.  Radiohead has put out some good music but their worshippers can be insufferable.   I also think he is on the right track with Arcade Fire.  The first album was a good listen, but they got old quick. 

nkotb

« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2011, 03:00:23 pm »
Put me in the "like" column with Brian.  He's a horrible pain in the ass and loves to disagree with almost anything...but he's pretty damn funny and like Jag said, it's nice to hear someone call bullshit around these parts.  All the fluffing that happens gets old.

vansmack

« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2011, 03:04:56 pm »
Who the hell is Brian Wallace?
27>34

wml7

« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2011, 08:10:30 pm »
I likey wallace and his silly comments  ;D

Relaxer

« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2011, 09:22:08 pm »
I think he's a worthless unfunny dick
oword

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2011, 09:31:31 am »

Vas Deferens

« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2011, 09:50:49 am »
this is garbage Wallace likes:

Brian_Wallace
Re: Lollapalooza 2010
« Reply #88 on: August 09, 2010, 11:01:58 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The highlight of the weekend for me was a nearly naked Lady Gaga stage diving 50 feet from me during Semi-Precious Weapons set.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGh9zlN6eLo&playnext=1&list=PL74E25F51DE25E316

(_|_)

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2011, 05:00:22 pm »
 I also think he is on the right track with Arcade Fire.  The first album was a good listen, but they got old quick. 

Every other dipshit who can't/wouldn't/won't get over Ten says the same thing.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2011, 09:54:04 am »
hahaha!!  All the bands he criticizes and that is the shit he listens to???  Any credibility he had (which was none actually) goes out the door!!

this is garbage Wallace likes:

Brian_Wallace
Re: Lollapalooza 2010
« Reply #88 on: August 09, 2010, 11:01:58 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The highlight of the weekend for me was a nearly naked Lady Gaga stage diving 50 feet from me during Semi-Precious Weapons set.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGh9zlN6eLo&playnext=1&list=PL74E25F51DE25E316

noon30

« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2011, 06:21:39 pm »
I pride myself in not watching the grammys but was sucked into the dark hole shortly after it aired and was forced to watch it dvr style. Most of the artists that performed sounded AWFUL! However I was happy to see that people who weren't thinking they were going to win did! hooray for the underdogs!