Author Topic: New Radiohead album this week  (Read 58506 times)

wml7

New Radiohead album this week
« on: February 14, 2011, 10:09:39 am »

Mr.Whippy

Re: New Radiohead album this week
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 12:29:13 pm »
Does anyone on this board have access to large explosive devices that could be used to render Jiffy Lube Live incapable of hosting a future Radiohead show?

blipvurt

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 12:37:35 pm »
Ah Whippy, you were caught in that debacle out there a few years ago? My wife made it through somehow. I didn't bother going.

I really hope the new album is better than 'In Rainbows'. They are a band I really loved for years, but that one really turned me off. To such a degree I almost can't get excited about this new one.

fatskippy

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 12:39:45 pm »
I wouldn't mind if they don't tour the US until the Fall so we get arenas instead of amps

vansmack

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 01:58:59 pm »
I hear Bull Run's available...
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 02:00:17 pm »
I wouldn't mind if they don't tour the US until the Fall so we get arenas instead of amps

just means that the roof of the verizon center will cave in just before their show.
<sig>

wml7

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 02:02:33 pm »
Maybe Dar?  ;D

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 02:09:40 pm »
The only place that should be considered for a Radiohead show in this area is Merriweather.

Think about it. Their Merriweather show was the only one in the area that was not attacked by massive deluges. In fact, it was a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Apparently, it pleases the Weather gods by paying homage to them.

Merri + weather = Merriweather for Radiohead. 

Seth, you have no choice. It is your only option. The Weather gods will be pleased and you shall be blessed.

wml7

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2011, 02:10:50 pm »
The only place that should be considered for a Radiohead show in this area is Merriweather.

Think about it. Their Merriweather show was the only one in the area that was not attacked by massive deluges. In fact, it was a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Seth, you have no choice. It is your only option. The Weather gods will be pleased and you shall be blessed.

I was there at the Merriweather show, were you Jagy?  ;D

Mr.Whippy

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2011, 02:13:13 pm »
Ah Whippy, you were caught in that debacle out there a few years ago? My wife made it through somehow. I didn't bother going.

I really hope the new album is better than 'In Rainbows'. They are a band I really loved for years, but that one really turned me off. To such a degree I almost can't get excited about this new one.

Yes, caught in it and never got in.  I was living in North Carolina for the Amnesiac tour and arbitrarily decided on going to Atlanta instead of Manassas/Bull Run to catch that tour.  Very happy with that decision in retrospect.  Hopefully the band understands their bad juju with Northern VA at this point and will avoid it in favor of DC/Maryland.

I'm totally with you on "In Rainbows".  I know alot of people love it, but to me it felt like the first Radiohead record that brought absolutely nothing new to the table in terms of their sound/style.

walkonby

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2011, 02:16:23 pm »
if i hear one more person say, "my iron lung" is my favourite . . . i'll sick my cats upon them.

fatskippy

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2011, 02:18:28 pm »
Having to buy Radiohead tickets on ticketfly would give me nightmares

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2011, 02:18:45 pm »

I was there at the Merriweather show, were you Jagy?  ;D

No, I wasn't there. Was supposed to see them on the 2nd Bull Run day that was wisely cancelled. It's just that I get a kick out of observing their weather history in this area.

I still think that the Mid Atlantic tv stations should put a little Radiohead icon in the corner of their screens warning the locals of a Radiohead alert. You know, like they do for other hazardous weather warnings.

K8teebug

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2011, 02:34:52 pm »
I walked into Bull Run right before it started raining. 

Saw them at Merriweather.  Loved it.  Agreed that's where they should play!

blipvurt

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2011, 02:35:44 pm »
I was at the Merriweather show - was a good 'un.

Was also at Bull Run when the sky opened up and they sent us all back out to sit in our cars. That sucked.

I like the Radiohead weather icon idea.