Author Topic: New Radiohead album this week  (Read 60388 times)

Markus

Re: New Radiohead album this week
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2011, 02:07:25 pm »
I'd love to see Radiohead play the 930 Club again.
Even if the tickets were $200!

walkonby

« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2011, 02:27:12 pm »
"when i was a kid, karma police was big . . . ."

"i was still too young when kid a came out . . . ."

can i just kill myself now?

Cant speak for the board, but i have no objections.

Nicely stated Sweetcell.

i was only making a joke about my age versus the age of the poster, asshole.

i have no objections to you going and fucking off, dickhead.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2011, 09:02:48 pm »
Liam sounds amazingly like Brian Walalce here.

"I heard that fucking Radiohead record and I just go, ?What?!? I like to think that what we do, we do fucking well. Them writing a song about a fucking tree? Give me a fucking break! A thousand year old tree? Go fuck yourself! You?d have thought he?d have written a song about a modern tree or one that was planted last week."

It's that ageist thing. If it weren't for their differences regarding The Beatles, I'd start wondering if they were the same person.

Oh, and this is a good one too:

"Noel was acting like a fucking woman, like a bitch and I was acting like a dickhead."

You have to give him credit for calling himself out so accurately.  ;D

noon30

« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2011, 06:12:52 pm »
i still haven't gotten a chance to hear their new music... I'm however very excited to hear the things they have created!

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2011, 05:02:00 pm »
T.Rex

ggw

« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2011, 10:08:57 am »
Radiohead, those masters of head-scratching decisions, released a "newspaper" today?though it won't be available in D.C. until tomorrow at 1 p.m. It's called The Universal Sigh, and it's a collection of odd images and abstract verse, intended to supplement the band's newest album, The King Of Limbs. The paper showed up today at various locations around the globe, and there are two spots you'll be able to find it here in D.C tomorrow. It's unclear how many copies are available, but according to the Universal Sigh's website (which seems to be having trouble handling all the traffic its receiving), those interested in the free faux tabloid should head to either the intersection of Jefferson and 7th streets NW or to Union Station. If you find one, be sure to register your impression on Twitter, as the band's website is aggregating tweets with the hashtag #TheUniversalSigh.

It looks like Thom Yorke handed out the paper personally in London today; perhaps he'll make an appearance in the states tomorrow?

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/blogs/artsdesk/music/2011/03/28/get-your-radiohead-newspaper-today/

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
<sig>

James Ford

« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2011, 01:32:32 pm »
So I work in a location whereby my lunch hour run takes me right past Union Station. Today, my run was wrapping up a few minutes before 1, and lo and behold, I see 50 or 60 twentysomethings looking like they just stepped out of a Details Magazine photo shoot (bad haircuts, third world labor made designer clothing) standing around posing with their Radiohead newspapers. Some of them were having their friends take their pictures. Others appeared to be alone, standing there pretending to read their newspapers, with one eye peering over the newspaper desperately hoping someone would take their picture.

hutch

« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2011, 02:05:22 pm »
So I work in a location whereby my lunch hour run takes me right past Union Station. Today, my run was wrapping up a few minutes before 1, and lo and behold, I see 50 or 60 twentysomethings looking like they just stepped out of a Details Magazine photo shoot (bad haircuts, third world labor made designer clothing) standing around posing with their Radiohead newspapers. Some of them were having their friends take their pictures. Others appeared to be alone, standing there pretending to read their newspapers, with one eye peering over the newspaper desperately hoping someone would take their picture.

did you see a freaky lookin' guy with a droopy eyelid there too?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #69 on: March 29, 2011, 02:21:56 pm »
THAT'S CRAZY - you get a lunch break?
<sig>

wml7

« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2011, 02:45:12 pm »
do you pack your lunch or buy everday?  ;D

James Ford

« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2011, 02:46:13 pm »
If that's your way of asking if I got a picture of you holding your stupid Radiohead newspaper, the answer is NO, I didn't see you.

did you see a freaky lookin' guy with a droopy eyelid there too?

James Ford

« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2011, 02:47:19 pm »
I'm a lunchpacker, you're a fudgepacker.
 :P

wml7

« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2011, 03:10:31 pm »
I'm a lunchpacker, you're a fudgepacker.
 :P

great, just great

dyecraig

« Reply #74 on: March 29, 2011, 09:59:56 pm »
picked it up tonight at best buy in gainesville (7.99!) - they had to get it out of the back as they had'nt even put any out on the floor - and wow, their cd selection is down to pretty much squat.
listened to it 2x on the bose -  it's chill, somewhat funky and soulful!
phil selway is incredible.
many new deeper layers on the second listen.
looking forward to hearing it in the car and through my basement system.