Author Topic: Ticketfly improvements since 2010?  (Read 43956 times)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
Re: Ticketfly improvements since 2010?
« Reply #90 on: July 14, 2011, 11:11:40 am »
For the life of me, I can not comprehend why a company that relies on e-commerce for the lions share of its income would not ensure that it's site is 100% compatible with all the widely used browsers.

I just can't believe that a company like this would allow themselves to look like such bafoons. 

hemisphire

« Reply #91 on: July 14, 2011, 11:13:14 am »
werd to the wise: ticketfly works best, and at times only, with Internet Explorer.  If Firefox (and possibly Chrome & Safari) are giving you problems when buying tickets, switch to IE. 

personally i think this is a crock of sh*t.  i like many things about TF, but the backend/coding/tech aspects of the website leave much to be desired.  telling me to use another browser, when i'm already using one of the two most popular browsers available, is mildly insulting.  it's punting the problem to the customer when the source of the problem is your website.  having problems with FF is an indictment of your coding and/or testing skillz.

I'm sorry, is this the year 2000?  Should I find I copy of Netscape?  Or perhaps Lynx?  

Maybe it works best with IE6, which every intelligent person agrees should be doused with gasoline and lit on fire.

azaghal1981

« Reply #92 on: July 14, 2011, 11:43:15 am »
I did find out the same thing was true  for Missiontix when attempting to purchase Jeff Mangum tickets for Baltimore a little while back. The page refused to load with FF. Everyone I asked who was able to pull anything was using IE.
The main difference between both companies, though is that TF is trying to compete on the national scale while Mission basically services only one city. As stated above, support for IE, FF and even Chrome should be the bare minimum for TF.
werd to the wise: ticketfly works best, and at times only, with Internet Explorer.  If Firefox (and possibly Chrome & Safari) are giving you problems when buying tickets, switch to IE. 

personally i think this is a crock of sh*t.  i like many things about TF, but the backend/coding/tech aspects of the website leave much to be desired.  telling me to use another browser, when i'm already using one of the two most popular browsers available, is mildly insulting.  it's punting the problem to the customer when the source of the problem is your website.  having problems with FF is an indictment of your coding and/or testing skillz.

TO: Tech Support

Hello, Tech Support,

I'm having an issue when shopping for tickets using Firefox (using version
5.0). when i go from the ticketfly.com event description page to the
ticketingcentral.com ordering page, I get the message "This web session has
expired. Please close this browser window and start over." No matter what I
do - reload the TF.com page, close the browser, etc - I get the same error.
i have to use another browser if i want to buy tickets. this appears to
affect only certain links - it's happened to me twice out of maybe 10
purchases/inquiries, over the past month.

what causes this? what can be done about it?
TO: sweetcell

Our website is more compatable with Internet Explorer. You may try your purchase from that internet browser, or contact Ticketfly directly for assistance at (877) 435-9849.

Thank you, and have a great day.

Nicole
Client Services
احمد

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #93 on: July 14, 2011, 11:48:46 am »
Trying to buy 2 tickets for Willie.  Got to the end and I get this:

------------------
There was a problem with your submission
Ticketfly just experienced a hiccup but all may be fine. If you do not receive an order confirmation within the next 2 minutes please attempt another purchase.

You may also contact Ticketfly Support to check on the status of your tickets.
------------------

Got that twice.   It's not a "hiccup".  It's a system failure.     I still don't know if I have 0, 2 or 4 tickets.  I may have just spent $300 on 4 tickets (including 2 I don't need), or have nothing for a show that's going to sellout.  If I try again, there's a chance I'll end up with 6 tickets, putting me over the limit and having all of my orders canceled.

It really shouldn't be this difficult.

James Ford

« Reply #94 on: July 14, 2011, 11:49:32 am »
buffoons

For the life of me, I can not comprehend why a company that relies on e-commerce for the lions share of its income would not ensure that it's site is 100% compatible with all the widely used browsers.

I just can't believe that a company like this would allow themselves to look like such bafoons. 

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #95 on: July 14, 2011, 12:09:40 pm »
I was pretty sure I was spelling that wrong.

buffoons

wml7

« Reply #96 on: July 14, 2011, 12:18:57 pm »
I used prodigy web browser  ;D

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #97 on: July 14, 2011, 12:21:22 pm »
I use a ansi graphics and text based terminal program over a 300 baud acoustic coupler modem!
FUKIT

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #98 on: July 14, 2011, 12:23:59 pm »
Trying to buy 2 tickets for Willie.  Got to the end and I get this:

------------------
There was a problem with your submission
Ticketfly just experienced a hiccup but all may be fine. If you do not receive an order confirmation within the next 2 minutes please attempt another purchase.

You may also contact Ticketfly Support to check on the status of your tickets.
------------------

Got that twice.   It's not a "hiccup".  It's a system failure.     I still don't know if I have 0, 2 or 4 tickets.  I may have just spent $300 on 4 tickets (including 2 I don't need), or have nothing for a show that's going to sellout.  If I try again, there's a chance I'll end up with 6 tickets, putting me over the limit and having all of my orders canceled.

It really shouldn't be this difficult.

woa - at least TF is innovating :)

i would call TF.  a customer rep should be able to look up your order(s) and let you know if you have bought tix or not.
<sig>

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #99 on: July 14, 2011, 12:29:26 pm »
I would call them

I've twice experienced "hiccups" like that with Ticketmaster. One time they actually called me. The other I called them. Both times it was taken care of to my satisfaction.

hannnah

« Reply #100 on: July 14, 2011, 12:46:42 pm »
Bah.  There was no option for parking for Kaiser Chiefs when I bought tickets this morning, Willie went on sale at a completely random time (which may or may not be TF's fault, but they're a convenient scapegoat), and when I pointed out to their CS bod on Twitter that the parking wasn't there and asked if I could just add it to one of my other existing orders for today once they found it, apparently that's not an option.  ::)  Having to do two orders for 930 plus a third for VFest because of the split account thing was bad enough, but a 4th just for parking isn't happening.

atomicfront

« Reply #101 on: July 14, 2011, 12:58:24 pm »

I'm sorry, is this the year 2000?  Should I find I copy of Netscape?  Or perhaps Lynx?  

Maybe it works best with IE6, which every intelligent person agrees should be doused with gasoline and lit on fire.

Or perhaps it is fire fox's problem.  If it works with IE6 use that and stop complaining.  IE6 is free as were the tickets.

hemisphire

« Reply #102 on: July 14, 2011, 02:59:54 pm »
Or perhaps it is fire fox's problem.  If it works with IE6 use that and stop complaining.  IE6 is free as were the tickets.

Yes, IE6 is free.  But are you aware of the number of security holes in it?  I wouldn't recommend anyone use IE6 or IE7 at this point. 

vansmack

« Reply #103 on: July 14, 2011, 03:06:14 pm »
I wouldn't recommend anyone use IE6 or IE7 at this point. 

Seriously.  I hope the IE6 reference was a joke because it's a joke of a browser now.
27>34

hutch

« Reply #104 on: July 14, 2011, 03:47:11 pm »

I will hold my nose and use it tomorrow but thats it!
 :D