Author Topic: Record Store Day Question  (Read 35131 times)

bekessler

TheREALHunter

Re: Record Store Day Question
« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2011, 06:45:00 pm »
Amongst other items CD Cellar in Falls Church as of an hour ago had 2 copies of the Flaming Lips box set and 2 copies of the Beady Eye box set

TheREALHunter

« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2011, 07:22:50 pm »
So did anyone get the Big Star 'Third (Test Pressing Edition)' LP?  Given the brisk sales for 4-5 times the retail of $35 on Ebay, that's looking to be the 'holy grail' piece this time around, though I don't think even one store in the DC area had it, not sure about Baltimore.

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2011, 09:12:33 pm »

Thanks serpent boy.  Those prices are cheaper than any of the stores I went to.  However, with shipping they obviously became pricier.

I think the most desired records were the Big Star one and the Phish soundcheck.  Very few stores got in the Nirvana one.  The Pink Floyd live album must have gone quick.  And I saw a bunch of the Warner split singles but never saw the ZZ Top/Mastadon one which is odd.

And could someone clue me in to why the Beady Eye box set was so desired?  Let me remind you, it's OASIS without any OASIS songs.

Brian

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2011, 11:24:46 pm »
Record Store Day: 10 Great American Record Shops
http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,2065345,00.html

no locals made the cut.
<sig>

mbg73

« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2011, 06:16:16 pm »
Other Music in NYC (www.othermusic.com) appears to have a lot of RSD releases for sale at good prices.  Searching 'rsd11' on their site will pull up the list.  However, I'm not sure if they really have these items in stock or if they're just in their inventory system b/c they had them over the weekend.  I ordered a couple records, so I guess I'll find out soon enough.

wml7

« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2011, 10:20:43 am »
http://www.rollingstone.com/random-notes/out-on-the-weekend-0373962

would have been cool if he also did the in store performance  ;D

nkotb

« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2011, 10:25:10 am »
Man, James/Rhett has let himself go  ;D

http://www.rollingstone.com/random-notes/out-on-the-weekend-0373962

would have been cool if he also did the in store performance  ;D

mbg73

« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2011, 11:14:02 am »
To follow up on my earlier post, it looks like most RSD releases are available at Other Music for mail order at retail prices.  The list of RSD11 titles on their site has doubled since last night and now includes several titles I think some of you were looking for (Phish and Nirvana come to mind).  No Big Star, but no surprise there. 

hutch

« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2011, 11:31:34 am »
To follow up on my earlier post, it looks like most RSD releases are available at Other Music for mail order at retail prices.  The list of RSD11 titles on their site has doubled since last night and now includes several titles I think some of you were looking for (Phish and Nirvana come to mind).  No Big Star, but no surprise there. 

thanks.. i'll keep my fingers crossed that order i just placed goes through.. they actually had two of the three items i wanted... the grateful dead mono and the phish soundchecks.

i'm skeptical it will go through but lets see..

mbg73

« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2011, 12:19:37 pm »

thanks.. i'll keep my fingers crossed that order i just placed goes through.. they actually had two of the three items i wanted... the grateful dead mono and the phish soundchecks.

I think there's a decent chance you'll get your records.  The Phish and GD records weren't on their mail order site last night, so I think they have them to sell.  As long as no one purchased them prior to your order,  I think you're good.

nkotb

« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2011, 12:28:52 pm »
Or not:

Hey Andrew,

Unfortunately, your order has been canceled. This RSD item is not currently available and is being removed from our site.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Your card was never charged.

Cheers,
Pam

Not too bummed...just tried to order that Foos LP for a friend.

I think there's a decent chance you'll get your records.  The Phish and GD records weren't on their mail order site last night, so I think they have them to sell.  As long as no one purchased them prior to your order,  I think you're good.

hutch

« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2011, 12:51:03 pm »
they cancelled my order.. oh well

thanks for tip anyways!

mbg73

« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2011, 12:55:43 pm »
Just got a similar email, but they still had nearly everything I ordered (about ten RSD items).   My email was a little more detailed, though.  Apparently "a computer glitch" resulted in all RSD items appearing on the site, whether they had any left in stock or not.  Weird how it loaded to their site in batches, but whatever.  Wish they could have sent that email just a little earlier.

Or not:

Hey Andrew,

Unfortunately, your order has been canceled. This RSD item is not currently available and is being removed from our site.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Your card was never charged.

Cheers,
Pam

Not too bummed...just tried to order that Foos LP for a friend.

walkonby

« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2011, 05:51:24 pm »
i don't care what happened . . . i just find it amusing that hutch wanted grateful dead and phish.  hutch to me seems like the kind of person who enjoys republican fundraisers, pearl jam and perrier.