Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1443422 times)

vansmack

Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #570 on: January 03, 2013, 05:27:11 pm »
Aren't you confusing him with Vansmack?

I love the Lumineers.  Their album made my top 23 list!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 05:49:51 pm by vansmack »
27>34

Yada

« Reply #571 on: January 03, 2013, 05:27:16 pm »
I think the implication is that people who would likely be talking about a Lumineers DAR show are likely to be underage girls. But that's just my guess.

Maybe the Lumineers just aren't popular with the people that read and post here regularly.  I seem to recall very little traffic when Fun. tickets went on sale around here.

i just looked at facebook and everyone is saying they didn't get tickets.  Someone said thing as me they got in instantly and no tickets available.  Other person posted same thing as me no tickets were actually sold to public.  So there you go.  Why even announce the pre-sale if you aren't selling tickets to the public?

Do you belong to an underage girls group on FB? Creepy.

what the heck are you talking about?

You're a smart man, James Ford.

atomicfront

« Reply #572 on: January 03, 2013, 05:41:27 pm »
I think the implication is that people who would likely be talking about a Lumineers DAR show are likely to be underage girls. But that's just my guess.

Maybe the Lumineers just aren't popular with the people that read and post here regularly.  I seem to recall very little traffic when Fun. tickets went on sale around here.

i just looked at facebook and everyone is saying they didn't get tickets.  Someone said thing as me they got in instantly and no tickets available.  Other person posted same thing as me no tickets were actually sold to public.  So there you go.  Why even announce the pre-sale if you aren't selling tickets to the public?

your post was really dumb.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 05:51:55 pm by atomicfront »

Yada

« Reply #573 on: January 03, 2013, 05:57:03 pm »

your post was really dumb.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #574 on: January 04, 2013, 12:09:07 am »
God bless Tom Waits but he has to be the laziest live performer.. good lord how long has it been since he played DC? 30 years?

He must average 3 shows a year going back to the mid 90s!

he's too busy with prime-time cartoon voice appearances:

"Tom Waits guest stars on The Simpsons Sunday, January 6 on Fox. Check your local listings."
https://www.facebook.com/tomwaits
<sig>

Darth Ed

« Reply #575 on: January 04, 2013, 11:11:31 am »
The Lumineers public sale sold out in less than 60 seconds, too. Damn.

hutch

« Reply #576 on: January 04, 2013, 11:18:28 am »
for atomicfront and other conspiracy theorists:

just posted from 930 facebook

9:30 Club
FRIENDS! Regarding tix for The Lumineers at DAR Constitution Hall on 1/30: DO NOT buy from StubHub, Craigs List or other secondary sources! Multiple orders are being canceled - most of the tickets posted are not real!
Like · · Share · 11 · 39 seconds ago ·
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 11:29:36 am by hutch »

atomicfront

« Reply #577 on: January 04, 2013, 01:01:57 pm »
for atomicfront and other conspiracy theorists:

just posted from 930 facebook

9:30 Club
FRIENDS! Regarding tix for The Lumineers at DAR Constitution Hall on 1/30: DO NOT buy from StubHub, Craigs List or other secondary sources! Multiple orders are being canceled - most of the tickets posted are not real!
Like · · Share · 11 · 39 seconds ago ·

evidently most people on the lumineers facebook page thinks the DC show ticket release was a scam.  Today I did get some delay and it took me a while for pages to come up and a while for the no tickets found to show up so some tickets were probably sold through ticketmaster site.  I dont' believe any were sold through ticketmaster yesterday.

I don't know who got the tickets outside the system but it is obvious that is what happened at least via the pre-sale. 

atomicfront

« Reply #578 on: January 04, 2013, 01:06:23 pm »
930 club facebook page has about 60 replies to it so far about the bogus ticketmaster sale.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #579 on: January 04, 2013, 01:23:19 pm »
There are 685 tickets on stubhub for a pre-sale for an event that is at a venue that hold 3700 people. 

how many times does this have to be said: just because a ticket is listed on stubhub doesn't mean the seller has the ticket.  you can list as many tickets as you want, with nothing in hand/confirmed - the seller is promising that they will find one for you, eventually, not that they have secured a ticket. 

add up all the tickets for sale on stubhub, ebay, craigslist, ticketnow, etc... OH MY GOD THEY SOLD 5000 TICKETS FOR A 3700-CAPACITY VENUE THEY ARE ALL CROOKS I DEMAND MY RIGHTS CALL THE FBI!!!111
<sig>

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #580 on: January 04, 2013, 01:28:51 pm »
OMG HOW MANY PRESALES DID THEY HAVE FOR THE SHOW, OMG HOW FAST DO THINK TICKETMASTER CAN SELL 3700 TICKETS - ANY SOLD IN PRESALES - OMG DO YOU THINK THEY'LL RELEASE LAST MINUTE TICKETS -

OMG did you see that their ONE 45 minute long record is topping Spotify.
T.Rex

atomicfront

« Reply #581 on: January 04, 2013, 01:32:08 pm »
There are 685 tickets on stubhub for a pre-sale for an event that is at a venue that hold 3700 people. 

how many times does this have to be said: just because a ticket is listed on stubhub doesn't mean the seller has the ticket.  you can list as many tickets as you want, with nothing in hand/confirmed - the seller is promising that they will find one for you, eventually, not that they have secured a ticket. 

add up all the tickets for sale on stubhub, ebay, craigslist, ticketnow, etc... OH MY GOD THEY SOLD 5000 TICKETS FOR A 3700-CAPACITY VENUE THEY ARE ALL CROOKS I DEMAND MY RIGHTS CALL THE FBI!!!111

I have been going to shows for 30 years or so and I have never said a ticket sale was bogus.  I have used ticketmaster enough to know how it works and I instantly got through yesterday. No one could have been quicker than me.  It is obvious bogus.  Everyone trying to buy tickets knows the sale was bogus.  It is on the lumineers facebook and the 930 club facebook.  usually at a sale you will have some people saying they got tickets and others saying they didn't.  Not everyone shut-out.   As for calling the FBI i don't think that going directly to the secondary market is against the law.  

atomicfront

« Reply #582 on: January 04, 2013, 01:36:33 pm »
OMG HOW MANY PRESALES DID THEY HAVE FOR THE SHOW, OMG HOW FAST DO THINK TICKETMASTER CAN SELL 3700 TICKETS - ANY SOLD IN PRESALES - OMG DO YOU THINK THEY'LL RELEASE LAST MINUTE TICKETS -

OMG did you see that their ONE 45 minute long record is topping Spotify.

omg who are the people who bought the tickets?  why aren't their people on the lumineers facebook saying they got pre-sale tickets?   omg how can you ignore the facts.  facts tickets are on stubhub with instant downloads when tickets wont' be relaseed until 1/11.  how can you ignore that fact.  I have bought plenty of tickets on stubhub and all have been legit.  that many bogus tickets on stubhub with all tickets sold out instantly.  not likely.  I am sure 99 percent of the tickets are legit.

hutch

« Reply #583 on: January 04, 2013, 01:45:43 pm »
dude, just ask Seth on the Hey Seth thread or STFU....its quite a charge you're making..essentially accusing IMP of having a fake presale and getting the tickets to resellers..

my guess is it was a legit presale as if they didn't want to have a presale they didn't need to have one, right?... with the numbers of resellers out there with dozens of computers or what have you, each, hitting a presale its very easy for it to sell out in 1/10th of a second.

atomicfront

« Reply #584 on: January 04, 2013, 01:50:22 pm »
dude, just ask Seth on the Hey Seth thread or STFU....its quite a charge you're making..essentially accusing IMP of having a fake presale and getting the tickets to resellers..

my guess is it was a legit presale as if they didn't want to have a presale they didn't need to have one, right?... with the numbers of resellers out there with dozens of computers or what have you, each, hitting a presale its very easy for it to sell out in 1/10th of a second.

I didn't say it was IMP doing it.  And it is on 930 club facebook.  there are 65 replies on there saying it is bogus.  How many times have you seen that?  I am sure Seth is more likely to pay attention to facebook than this message board.