Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1456040 times)

K8teebug

Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #1320 on: April 23, 2013, 10:08:04 am »
I just saw Bob last week in Richmond and I thought he sounded great....there seems to be a consensus that the performances are good of late..... he's reverted to a static set list for the first time in like 3 decades.. not sure if this is to break in the new guitarist... most of the set list is made up of songs from the past decade with only very occasional nods to past glories....of course his voice is pretty croaky... I love some of the new songs... Soon after midnight from his last album Tempest is a classic.

Everyone should see Bob Dylan one time....I've now seen him 20 times... ;D

I kind of hope Wilco closes the Merriweather show....I don't want to deal with an exodus of fans before Bob goes on or after a few Bob songs...of course depending on ticket prices I don't know if I'll make it..I've seen Bob three times the past 8 months and there are limits....

Good to know.  Thanks.  I've seen him four and they were all great, but it's been a while!

James Ford

« Reply #1321 on: April 23, 2013, 10:09:54 am »
Put me down in the I think Dylan is a great songwriter but I can't take his voice camp.

But I'll take him over Gene Loves Jezebel any day!

atomicfront

« Reply #1322 on: April 23, 2013, 10:13:21 am »
The only decent My Morning Jacket album is "Z".  I give credit to the producer John Leckie who seems to get the best out of bands.

For example he produced:

stone roses  s/t
radiohead - the bends
the fall - this nations saving grace
gene loves jezebel - immigrant

As for Wilco they are my most hated band of all time. And Bob Dylan can't sing.  Maybe the guy from MMJ could sing for him.  That would make the show more enjoyable for me.   

DO YOU EVEN LIKE MUSIC?

Seriously.  Go find some other place to be a brat.

You were the one that was dissing Beach House.  Clearly the best band in the world. Just because I like bands where people can sing and actually try to make beautiful music doesn't mean I don't like music.  I don't like a bunch of guys who can't sing doing straight ahead rock n roll.   This is about the only line-up at MPP this summer that I don't like.  How many do you like?  I am guessing not many..

hutch

« Reply #1323 on: April 23, 2013, 10:14:19 am »
Put me down in the I think Dylan is a great songwriter but I can't take his voice camp.

well I will also add that the night before Merriweather is an off night so that is good... i think if one can catch Dylan its preferable to do so when he's at least had a night off than say on night 2 or 3 or even 4 in a row...

atomicfront

« Reply #1324 on: April 23, 2013, 10:16:14 am »

When Bob puts out an albums as great as "Immigrant" let me know.  Their popular stuff wasn't very good.  When one of the twins left the band and they became a hair metal band most of their fans left them.

atomicfront

« Reply #1325 on: April 23, 2013, 10:17:45 am »
Hopefully, my wife doesn't find out about this Dylan show.  She loves him.  I don't get it.  And she even snuck a Dylan song into our wedding music even though I clearly told the DJ no Dylan under any circumstance.

Yada

« Reply #1326 on: April 23, 2013, 10:21:17 am »
Hopefully, my wife doesn't find out about this Dylan show.  She loves him.  I don't get it.  And she even snuck a Dylan song into our wedding music even though I clearly told the DJ no Dylan under any circumstance.

You sound like a thoughtful husband.

K8teebug

« Reply #1327 on: April 23, 2013, 10:25:46 am »

I'm sorry your imaginary wife doesn't like Dylan.

hutch

« Reply #1328 on: April 23, 2013, 10:28:26 am »

POTW

atomicfront

« Reply #1329 on: April 23, 2013, 11:02:43 am »

Yada has an imaginary wife? 

killsaly

« Reply #1330 on: April 23, 2013, 11:06:26 am »
Melvins and Mudhoney in the same year? Yes and yes. Two more bands to cross off my list.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #1331 on: April 23, 2013, 11:42:54 am »

lololololol
‼‼?‼‼

atomicfront

« Reply #1332 on: April 23, 2013, 11:51:28 am »

lololololol

I don't get it.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #1333 on: April 23, 2013, 01:50:15 pm »
Anyone have a clue wo is selling these tix. Not listed on TM and nothing on ticketfly yet?

Yada

« Reply #1334 on: April 23, 2013, 02:00:06 pm »
Anyone have a clue wo is selling these tix. Not listed on TM and nothing on ticketfly yet?

My guess is ticketfly consdiering they sell every other MPP event.