Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1456452 times)

atomicfront

Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #1785 on: June 18, 2013, 11:13:42 am »
The shows I attend average $10 (some as low as $5, some as high as $15). 

I like how the DIY show prices haven't gone up in the 30 years I have been attending them in Baltimore.  It was 5 bucks 30 years ago it is 5 bucks today.  But in the old days they would let you in if you said you only had 3 bucks. THat might be true today but I always have the five these days.

atomicfront

« Reply #1786 on: June 18, 2013, 11:16:08 am »
And I think ticket prices are getting out of hand in general.  But, that just makes me a more picky concert goer. 

That price seems about right for Franz Ferdinand at the Strathmore.  I think it's okay if tickets are a little more there.

I miss the olden days of 30 dollar fancy concert tickets!  But I know it's just because I'm old now.

I think you are just going to see more older bands.  Older bands charge more money.  It is still pretty cheap to see bands at the Ottobar or younger bands at MPP. 

atomicfront

« Reply #1787 on: June 18, 2013, 11:17:24 am »
Wasn't a complaint....

you guys need to get a life.

As far as Morrissey I did not buy a ticket to a show that was canceled anyways. Nick Cave I got a free ticket.

Anymore questions/stupid comments?

The Strathmore show wan't canceled was it?  You did complain.  You said "I am going but wow" .. Sounds like a complaint.  Hardly a stupid comment. 

killsaly

« Reply #1788 on: June 18, 2013, 11:19:55 am »

I like how the DIY show prices haven't gone up in the 30 years I have been attending them in Baltimore.  It was 5 bucks 30 years ago it is 5 bucks today.  But in the old days they would let you in if you said you only had 3 bucks. THat might be true today but I always have the five these days.
Exactly.  Some even are listed as free with Donations Welcome as the price. the $15 dollar ones usually arent DIY, but shows at Metro Gallery or the ottobar or places like that...

hutch

« Reply #1789 on: June 18, 2013, 11:34:17 am »
Wasn't a complaint....

you guys need to get a life.

As far as Morrissey I did not buy a ticket to a show that was canceled anyways. Nick Cave I got a free ticket.

Anymore questions/stupid comments?

The Strathmore show wan't canceled was it?  You did complain.  You said "I am going but wow" .. Sounds like a complaint.  Hardly a stupid comment. 

The Strathmore Morrissey show? That was a good while ago... the show I talked bout on this board was the one at the National Theatre

well it is "wow"...its a lot... that is not to say its a complaint is it? its an observation.

really man... this is fascinating but I gotta run.

James Ford

« Reply #1790 on: June 18, 2013, 11:38:52 am »
Do these musicians have day jobs that pay money, or did they inherit their wealth?

Exactly.  Some even are listed as free with Donations Welcome as the price. the $15 dollar ones usually arent DIY, but shows at Metro Gallery or the ottobar or places like that...

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #1791 on: June 18, 2013, 11:58:44 am »
As far as lowbrow humor (not humour) goes, The Hangover (the first one), Bridesmaids, Borat, Bad Santa, and the 40 Year Old Virgin all cracked me up.

Count me as #2.

Really?  You guys don't have a sense of humour. 
You liked The Hangover? Jesus Christ.
‼‼?‼‼

killsaly

« Reply #1792 on: June 18, 2013, 11:59:11 am »
I would imagine some have day jobs.  
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 12:38:44 pm by killsaly »

James Ford

« Reply #1793 on: June 18, 2013, 12:09:05 pm »
Metacritic said it was good. Therefore, it's good. Right? LOL

As far as lowbrow humor (not humour) goes, The Hangover (the first one), Bridesmaids, Borat, Bad Santa, and the 40 Year Old Virgin all cracked me up.

Count me as #2.

atomicfront

« Reply #1794 on: June 18, 2013, 05:28:23 pm »

o
Count me as #2.

I have never meet anyone who didn't like hangover. 
Next you will be saying you don't like Harold and Kumar go to white
Castle.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1795 on: June 18, 2013, 06:30:27 pm »
knowing where this will go....

The Hangover was quite possibly one of the most boring films I've ever seen, not even remotely funny.... However, I did find Harold & Kumar funny, but went into it with low expectations.  Guess I didn't quite lower my expectations enough for the Hangover.

Aside from Bridesmaids, "In The Loop" is one of the funniest things I've seen in recent memory.  Then again I'm partial to Armando Iannucci's brand of absurdest humour, seen in Alan Partridge, and In The Thick Of It.  While not quite as successful as those, Veep is still pretty funny stuff.
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1796 on: June 18, 2013, 06:31:48 pm »
I really don't see Franz Ferdinand as being on the way down, they still get prime spots on the festival circuit. 
T.Rex

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1797 on: June 18, 2013, 07:22:47 pm »
I've never seen Hangover, Bridesmaids or any other funny movie, apparently, since Airplane!  Also, I guess I never knew that Eddie Rabbitt died on May 7th, 1998.  I do love paella, though.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 07:25:22 pm by grateful »

Stillwater

« Reply #1798 on: June 18, 2013, 08:50:06 pm »
This is irrelevant to the current discussion but I saw Allen Stone at Bonnaroo and remembered a post Kosmo recently made not liking him.

In a weekend where I saw an epic Paul McCartney set and a Super Jam with Jim James, John Oates, R Kelly, Billy Idol, Britney Howard, Larry Graham, Carl Broemel and more, Allen Stone might have threw down the set of the weekend.

Anyway, he's worth catching if ever in town.

Back to the movies.

atomicfront

« Reply #1799 on: June 18, 2013, 09:31:02 pm »
I really don't see Franz Ferdinand as being on the way down, they still get prime spots on the festival circuit. 

Remember when they played virgin fest and no one watched them play?  I thought they were pp. their way down then