Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1456537 times)

James Ford

Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #1845 on: June 27, 2013, 01:31:58 pm »
If by "people", you mean amoticfront, then yes. That is true.

A portion of others I probably inadvertantly annoy. To them I apologize. But you're the only one I TRY to annoy. You and Hutch. Just so I can get Hutch angry and get him to quote Cliff Richards, or one of the other stars of Rolling Stones Magazine. And just because you need to be knocked off your high horse as much as possible.

Why are you such an angry hothead anyway? It seems like you are not very good at ribbing in and being ribbed. Maybe you are a very serious person and aren't into taking the piss and have it taken on you? I'm just trying to understand.

For the old timers, I bet Markie would have had a field day with Hutch.

It seems like maybe you would benefit from smoking more marijuana.(?)

So are you or are you not a longtime Rolling Stone subscriber/collector? Inquiring minds want to know.

Lunch break over?

I thought I answered that..

I got a really good deal and am a first time subscriber.. like 5 bucks for 2 years or something like that so I subscribed.. I think they have some good stuff.. the Dylan cover story with interview is a classic, the Daft Punk..its not all bad..

first time I've subscribed.. and last unless I get the deal again.

I do hoard LPs, CDs, DVDs, books that kind of stuff.. but Rolling Stone? no.

Seems like you post just to annoy people. 

atomicfront

« Reply #1846 on: June 27, 2013, 01:35:10 pm »
I probably should have double checked that Savages was not the same night as Depeche Mode.

Sad face.

So, I have 2 Savages tickets to sell for face+fees if anyone is interested (930 show)...

I just listened to the Savages. They sound exactly like Siouxsie and the Banshees. 

James Ford

« Reply #1847 on: June 27, 2013, 01:40:55 pm »
So did I. The radio dj even said something to the effect of "speaking of Siouxie, here's Savages."

Siouxie was bad enough the first time around. Stupic to look at, stupid posturing, and complete lack of singing ability. I'd take the Lumineers anyday.

I probably should have double checked that Savages was not the same night as Depeche Mode.

Sad face.

So, I have 2 Savages tickets to sell for face+fees if anyone is interested (930 show)...

I just listened to the Savages. They sound exactly like Siouxsie and the Banshees. 

azaghal1981

« Reply #1848 on: June 27, 2013, 01:44:08 pm »
I personally would take Wax Idols over Savages for newer bands that do that sort of thing (Wax Idols have much stronger pop sensibility, songs stay stuck in your head for way longer) but have heard nothing but good things about the live Savages show.

How awesomely 80's slasher movie soundtrack sounding is this?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 02:02:17 pm by azaghal1981 »
احمد

killsaly

« Reply #1849 on: June 27, 2013, 01:48:38 pm »
Az delete some messages!

azaghal1981

« Reply #1850 on: June 27, 2013, 01:53:39 pm »
oops
Try now.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 01:55:56 pm by azaghal1981 »
احمد

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #1851 on: June 27, 2013, 02:44:36 pm »
I assume all the Gary Clark Jr. fans were at the Buddy Guy show...

tell me you're not into this Clark guy just because Rolling Stone has him on every issue and hypes him beyond belief.. they even found a way to include him in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame show this year....

a guy with one EP and an album?
Lol, who the fuck reads Rolling Stone anymore?

You know, at some point, a lot of people only had one EP and one album to go on.

Also, wasn't Limp Bizkit included in a RNR hall of fame performance at some point? Or was that fine because they had like 4 albums?

Stupid, stupid arguement.

So, if I like good old fashioned blues rock it can only be Muddy Waters or BB King? Get off your high horse. I said I didn't really like the dudes album, but his live performances look great.

Rolling Stone said this guy is awesome so he must fucking suck.

if you're into blues guitar and you're going to see Gary Clark but didnt go see maybe the greatest of all time- and he's still playing great (unlike say BB who is a pale shadow)- well.. yeah there is something wrong with that...sorry.
I didn't see Buddy Guy, but I have, and I saw BB King at Howard and it wasn't my first time seeing him. So, can I go see Gary fucking Clark?

Did you ever see Beethoven, man? Did you? Did you ever go see the first caveman to bash rocks together and start dancing? I don't think so.

I've never been to a concert in my life, so since I haven't seen anyone play before, I should see no one? Man, this is really stupid.

Have you ever seen The Hellacasters man? Becauase you should.
‼‼?‼‼

atomicfront

« Reply #1852 on: June 27, 2013, 03:40:29 pm »
What is the oldest band you ever saw. I saw the Mills Brothers as a child and they had a number one single in 1931.  Beat that. 

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #1853 on: June 27, 2013, 04:05:39 pm »
No idea... Probably The Who?
‼‼?‼‼

James Ford

« Reply #1854 on: June 27, 2013, 04:12:44 pm »
I saw some really old blues guy in the mid-90's. Girlfriend at the time was into blues, so i went. Can't remember which one. Hutch would know him for sure.

wml7

« Reply #1855 on: June 27, 2013, 05:04:07 pm »
Mozart

hutch

« Reply #1856 on: June 27, 2013, 05:26:51 pm »
I guess Pinetop Perkins.. wasn't he close to 100 when  he died?

anybody top that?

;D

hutch

« Reply #1857 on: June 27, 2013, 05:28:39 pm »

I didn't see Buddy Guy, but I have, and I saw BB King at Howard and it wasn't my first time seeing him. So, can I go see Gary fucking Clark?

I gotta say, with all due respect, you have such a bad attitude that I'm going to have to put the kibosh on your Gary fucking Clark...

;)

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #1858 on: June 27, 2013, 05:29:42 pm »
I've seen and met John Cage, Steve Lacy, and Mstislav Rostropovich. They're all dead now. Don't meet me.
😐 🎶

atomicfront

« Reply #1859 on: June 27, 2013, 05:36:02 pm »
Also dead the longest.  I saw the Minutemen whose member D Boon died in 1985.