Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1455849 times)

James Ford

Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #1860 on: June 27, 2013, 09:53:32 pm »
Actually, he was the guy I saw in 1997 who I previously mentioned but couldn't remember his name.

I guess Pinetop Perkins.. wasn't he close to 100 when  he died?

anybody top that?

;D

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #1861 on: June 28, 2013, 10:34:29 am »

I didn't see Buddy Guy, but I have, and I saw BB King at Howard and it wasn't my first time seeing him. So, can I go see Gary fucking Clark?

I gotta say, with all due respect, you have such a bad attitude that I'm going to have to put the kibosh on your Gary fucking Clark...

;)
I guess it'll save me money.
‼‼?‼‼

atomicfront

« Reply #1862 on: June 28, 2013, 10:56:34 am »
I think this is one of the problems on this board.  Instead of just saying if you like Gary Clark Jr. you should check out Buddy Guy's show the comment is if you didn't see Buddy Guy you have no business seeing Gary Clark Jr.  One is useful the other is argumentative. 

hutch

« Reply #1863 on: June 28, 2013, 11:09:48 am »
I think this is one of the problems on this board.  Instead of just saying if you like Gary Clark Jr. you should check out Buddy Guy's show the comment is if you didn't see Buddy Guy you have no business seeing Gary Clark Jr.  One is useful the other is argumentative. 

well i'll dial it back a notch..

it seems fine if people want to see gary clark .. of course its fine.. what do I care???

but its strange that so many people want to see gary clark and not one of them went to see budy guy.. its weird that people are so excited about gary clark and i don't know that buddy guy was even mentioned in the just announced thread (although maybe i posted it)...

buddy guy playing a relatively small place like the state theatre is pretty significant

like i said i have no issue if people individually feel like seeing gary clark... thats great.. but when its a collective it makes you think that its just flavor of the week hype causing the excitement....by all accounts its not his album... meanwhile the real deal is sitting there being ignored...to me its bizzarre.... but to each their own...

by the way ticets to gary clark in charlottesville went on sale about an hour ago.. $25..

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1864 on: June 28, 2013, 11:13:32 am »

buddy guy playing a relatively small place like the state theatre is pretty significant

like i said i have no issue if people individually feel like seeing gary clark... thats great.. but when its a collective it makes you think that its just flavor of the week hype causing the excitement....by all accounts its not his album...

The other day I got one of those alerts that Simon and Garfunkel is playing the Birchmere next week, and I nearly fell out.  I mean, like them or not, that would be an incredible booking.

Then I saw that it's a tribute act, not the real deal.

Not saying Gary Clark is a tribute act per se, but....

wml7

« Reply #1865 on: June 28, 2013, 11:54:55 am »

it seems fine if people want to see gary clark .. of course its fine.. what do I care???

but its strange that so many people want to see gary clark and not one of them went to see budy guy.. its weird that people are so excited about gary clark and i don't know that buddy guy was even mentioned in the just announced thread (although maybe i posted it)...

like i said i have no issue if people individually feel like seeing gary clark... thats great.. but when its a collective it makes you think that its just flavor of the week hype causing the excitement....by all accounts its not his album... meanwhile the real deal is sitting there being ignored...to me its bizzarre.... but to each their own...

by the way ticets to gary clark in charlottesville went on sale about an hour ago.. $25..

I think Buddy Guy plays all the time at his restaurant in Chicago, and that place is smaller then state theatre.

hutch

« Reply #1866 on: June 28, 2013, 11:57:39 am »

I think Buddy Guy plays all the time at his restaurant in Chicago, and that place is smaller then state theatre.

that is so true.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #1867 on: June 28, 2013, 12:08:49 pm »
I didn't realize Gary Clark wasn't a real deal. I've been lied to.
‼‼?‼‼

wml7

« Reply #1868 on: June 28, 2013, 12:16:22 pm »
Oh he's the real deal, pitchfork said so along with people magazine.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #1869 on: June 28, 2013, 01:37:17 pm »
Can I subscribe to this Pitchfork Magazine? Sounds like they're onto something.
‼‼?‼‼

wml7

« Reply #1870 on: June 28, 2013, 02:00:10 pm »
Oh, it's not a magazine, it's a way of life
 ;D

killsaly

« Reply #1871 on: June 29, 2013, 03:35:46 pm »
Has anyone went to Floydfest? Thoughts?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1872 on: June 30, 2013, 01:31:35 am »

i have not went, but my work mate has wented.
<sig>

wml7

« Reply #1873 on: June 30, 2013, 08:30:40 am »

I have a friend that wents every year.  She pretty much is a volunteer and goes for free when she does that.  It use to be a small town festival but in the last few years it has become bigger with bigger main acts.  Always said she had a great time.

killsaly

« Reply #1874 on: July 01, 2013, 11:54:11 pm »
Sweet. Guess I can scratch that off the Hopscotch list if it comes to fruition.

And speaking of which, the new album is here. And it is really good.

I cannot get over how Polvoie they sound and guess Sadie agrees. Crazy how accessible Twitter makes people to each other. Also guess I misspelled Roomrunner. Oops. Stupid phone.
Im just going off of Hive Bent's facebook page.  They list the info with a question mark beside it... No mention on Metro Gallery's page.

I will grab the new Speedy Ortiz off of bandcamp or itunes sooner than later.

I have a friend that wents every year.  She pretty much is a volunteer and goes for free when she does that.  It use to be a small town festival but in the last few years it has become bigger with bigger main acts.  Always said she had a great time.
Thanks! I was thinking about trying something different and have a few friends going this year.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 11:55:47 pm by killsaly »