Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1455540 times)

gaaaaaaaaah

Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #1950 on: August 08, 2013, 01:14:49 pm »
i use the side street (i think its 8th st) past the alley the tour buses use. always plenty of free spots there, but i guess it depends on the show and how early you get there.

DotTheEyes

« Reply #1951 on: August 08, 2013, 01:20:34 pm »
i use the side street (i think its 8th st) past the alley the tour buses use. always plenty of free spots there, but i guess it depends on the show and how early you get there.
I believe this is what I'll do versus paying $20 (or more) across the street.

Thanks.  :)

atomicfront

« Reply #1952 on: August 08, 2013, 01:24:11 pm »
Sort of ironic as it has gotten a lot safer to walk down the back streets near the club the spots seem to be filled up pretty quickly.  When i skip the openers I end paying to park in a lot on 8th street and pay the guy 20 bucks.  I have gotten a ticket on V street at the meters after the time that you don't need to pay anymore.  And I refused to pay.  They put in on my credit report but I wrote to the credit report companies and had it removed.  DC is such a fun place to visit.  I don't know how many time I have gotten bogus parking tickets which I have never paid. 

hutch

« Reply #1953 on: August 08, 2013, 02:14:32 pm »
Sort of ironic as it has gotten a lot safer to walk down the back streets near the club the spots seem to be filled up pretty quickly.  When i skip the openers I end paying to park in a lot on 8th street and pay the guy 20 bucks.  I have gotten a ticket on V street at the meters after the time that you don't need to pay anymore.  And I refused to pay.  They put in on my credit report but I wrote to the credit report companies and had it removed.  DC is such a fun place to visit.  I don't know how many time I have gotten bogus parking tickets which I have never paid. 

you know what you must be doing something wrong.. i drive in to DC for shows and have never gotten a ticket.. .check the signs and if its not clear DON'T park there...

i've had some success with the Howard University parking lot behind the club......

atomicfront

« Reply #1954 on: August 08, 2013, 02:17:49 pm »

you know what you must be doing something wrong.. i drive in to DC for shows and have never gotten a ticket.. .check the signs and if its not clear DON'T park there...

i've had some success with the Howard University parking lot behind the club......

I guess if you have an expensive car with Maryland tags on it they just give you a ticket figuring you will just pay it.  I have never parked anywhere that it wasn't legal to park.

killsaly

« Reply #1955 on: August 08, 2013, 02:20:02 pm »
I have a decent car with Maryland tags.  No parking tickets either and I have been going to DC from MD for shows since 2002.  I do check and double check where I park though.

atomicfront

« Reply #1956 on: August 08, 2013, 02:24:51 pm »
I have a decent car with Maryland tags.  No parking tickets either and I have been going to DC from MD for shows since 2002.  I do check and double check where I park though.

Define Decent. 

killsaly

« Reply #1957 on: August 08, 2013, 02:25:46 pm »
Accord with all the extras!  (though i do realize there are millions of accords around, and the parking person probably wouldnt go inspect it to see that it has leather and a V6 or care at all)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 02:31:42 pm by killsaly »

« Reply #1958 on: August 08, 2013, 02:34:29 pm »

don't let the secret out...I've parked there easily 50 times and never towed/ticketed
but now that it's out on the internets...that is sure to end  :'(
slack

atomicfront

« Reply #1959 on: August 08, 2013, 02:35:15 pm »

don't let the secret out...I've parked there easily 50 times and never towed/ticketed

Don't they have signs that tell you not to park there? 

« Reply #1960 on: August 08, 2013, 02:38:38 pm »

Don't they have signs that tell you not to park there? 

they probably do and that is why there are always so many spots. 
I may not be able to land any tickets for shows, but damn if I can get some free parking. 
slack

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1961 on: August 08, 2013, 04:31:38 pm »
i just buy my ticket and pay for it.

i just buy my parking ticket and pay for it.

i just drive right in.  someone watches my car.  i leave easy and wave thank you as i depart.

hutch

« Reply #1962 on: August 08, 2013, 07:13:42 pm »

hey! I was low key about it.. I said I'd had some success Mr parked there 50 times!... I try not to park there..

anyways i feel i have to share with my boardie friends! :)

some of these things that get out nothing much happens anyways.. look at the covered parking lot in front of MPP... everyone uses it since like a decade or more ago and its still not a problem..
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 07:15:53 pm by hutch »

« Reply #1963 on: August 08, 2013, 09:14:25 pm »
just giving you a hard time.
slack

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #1964 on: August 08, 2013, 10:44:56 pm »
Just note that the street parking rules have changed in recent months.  Spots that were available for years are now zone-whatever-only and have time restrictions late into the evening.