Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1456687 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #2010 on: September 04, 2013, 12:57:31 pm »
but in all seriousness, that's a cool event.

the 930 lineup is stacked. not a huge doug loves movies fan, but i like him outside that.  tig is great, and i saw wyatt a few years back, and i thought he was fantastic.

what on earth do you get for $30 with ira glass though?

I didn't know Doug Lovs Movies was a thing, I'll have to look it up. He's hilarious. Can't wait to see what else they announce!
‼‼?‼‼

stevewizzle

« Reply #2011 on: September 04, 2013, 01:05:29 pm »
if you like movies, and you like doug benson, it's probably a wonderful podcast for you.

i'm not a huge movie guy.

and if any1 hasn't heard the tig cancer set, check it out.

azaghal1981

« Reply #2012 on: September 04, 2013, 01:21:02 pm »
I think BYT finally got a managing editor with legit journalism cred.
Or at least I was told that.
احمد

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2013 on: September 04, 2013, 01:21:59 pm »

You mean posting photo galleries of your coked-up underwear indie rock parties DOESN'T constitute legitimate journalism???
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 01:23:37 pm by Julian, Former Weblebrity »
LVMH

stevewizzle

« Reply #2014 on: September 04, 2013, 01:49:39 pm »

oh that's cool.  dc definitely can benefit from an outfit like them, it's just been painful over the years seeing their amateur schtick.

regardless, one thing i have really appreciated over the years was the awesome photos they take at shows. and it was super hilarious watching the photographer at the diarrhea planet show in the middle of the moshpit trying to snap pictures. 

azaghal1981

« Reply #2015 on: September 04, 2013, 01:58:32 pm »

You mean posting photo galleries of your coked-up underwear indie rock parties DOESN'T constitute legitimate journalism???
Oh hey. Nice meeting you/talking to you for like 11 seconds at B&S/YLT.
احمد

« Reply #2016 on: September 04, 2013, 02:00:30 pm »
Oh hey. Nice meeting you/talking to you for like 11 seconds at B&S/YLT.
Oh, hey, as well. I did not realize who you were until after the fact. I figured you were a boardie when you spun around in your chair and appeared to choke on your drink when I introduced myself to Kosmo.
LVMH

killsaly

« Reply #2017 on: September 04, 2013, 02:22:02 pm »
Az was drinking?!?! Or drinking a soda?

I thought it was weird that Sean (from Fan Death Records) is writing a weekly thing for BYT now, so I started reading his posts.  Haven't really given the rest of the site  a chance.

« Reply #2018 on: September 04, 2013, 02:23:17 pm »
I assumed everyone there was drinking G & Ts. May have just been Sweets and myself.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2019 on: September 04, 2013, 02:26:14 pm »
I assumed everyone there was drinking G & Ts. May have just been Sweets and myself.

hate to break it to you, jules, but that yellow drink i had in my hand... was beer.
<sig>

« Reply #2020 on: September 04, 2013, 02:26:53 pm »
hate to break it to you, jules, but that yellow drink i had in my hand... was beer.
*faints*
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #2021 on: September 04, 2013, 02:27:04 pm »

oh that's cool.  dc definitely can benefit from an outfit like them, it's just been painful over the years seeing their amateur schtick.

regardless, one thing i have really appreciated over the years was the awesome photos they take at shows. and it was super hilarious watching the photographer at the diarrhea planet show in the middle of the moshpit trying to snap pictures. 
Meh, I still think they're shit. But, I don't really read it. They're a sponsor for a party I'm DJing at on Friday, my friend told me she saw my name on their blog and flipped.

FUCKEN MEH! Stoked for Bentzen Ball though. Can't hate comedy!
‼‼?‼‼

bearman🐻

« Reply #2022 on: September 04, 2013, 05:32:50 pm »
What's wrong with QOTSA playing Fillmore? I've seen several shows there and it's great!
I could see them playing DAR or Verizon..

Where would they play?  Verizon Center?  Bender Arena?

I imagine they are too big for Constitution Hall, but maybe not.
Unfotunately, I could see them at the Fillmore... But who knows... Last time they played the Club was in '05.... Is there demand that high? I love the band, but I never really thought they were that popular... I guess they did co-semi-somewhat-headline Made In America Fest over the weekend in behind NIN.... Patriot Center? Who knows...

It won't be the 9:30 or Fillmore or DAR. Think Patriot Center. That's where those guys are at right now. I'm surprised they didn't do a Merriweather show.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #2023 on: September 05, 2013, 10:08:15 am »
I'm just confused by their popularity, I mean, I fucking love the band. They're my favorite band and have been for years. I just see bands that are popular now and playing Merriweather have like...songs on the radio and in commercials and shit. Queens have none of that. I heard "Smooth Sailing" in like a Mountain Dew commercial recently and I kind of freaked out hahaha. But, I guess I wouldn't be surprised if they could play at the Patriot Center... I saw Muse, The White Stripes and Kings Of Leon there. Not bad if you can get floor tickets.

They could play in a fucking parking lot for $100 and I'll still pay and go. JUST PLAY DC GOD DAMN IT.
‼‼?‼‼

« Reply #2024 on: September 05, 2013, 10:15:40 am »
I'm just confused by their popularity, I mean, I fucking love the band. They're my favorite band and have been for years. I just see bands that are popular now and playing Merriweather have like...songs on the radio and in commercials and shit. Queens have none of that.
The singles off Songs For the Deaf were all over the radio for the two years after that came out. Plus there was the Dave Grohl factor. From the last time I saw QOTSA, they seemed to have a mostly older fanbase, no? I think most people got into them around then and have just continued to be fans.
LVMH