Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1456364 times)

bearman🐻

Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #2025 on: September 05, 2013, 10:17:31 am »
I'm just confused by their popularity, I mean, I fucking love the band. They're my favorite band and have been for years. I just see bands that are popular now and playing Merriweather have like...songs on the radio and in commercials and shit. Queens have none of that. I heard "Smooth Sailing" in like a Mountain Dew commercial recently and I kind of freaked out hahaha. But, I guess I wouldn't be surprised if they could play at the Patriot Center... I saw Muse, The White Stripes and Kings Of Leon there. Not bad if you can get floor tickets.

They could play in a fucking parking lot for $100 and I'll still pay and go. JUST PLAY DC GOD DAMN IT.

I don't find it confusing. They're one of the best live bands around. They've sold millions of LPs if you put them all together. 10,000 seats in the 7th (or is it 8th?) largest metro area in the country sounds right.

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #2026 on: September 05, 2013, 10:42:33 am »
last album got a shitload of press and great reviews, and they've been hovering just above 930 status for years now. anything smaller than patriot center would be surprising to me, and verizon wouldn't be too big a shock (though i think if they were going big, they wouldve done merriweather)

but at this point its a matter of if they ever make their way to dc at all. weird tour.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2027 on: September 05, 2013, 10:49:31 am »
no way that QOTSA are headlining verizon.  *maybe* if grohl is sitting in for the show... otherwise, no way.
<sig>

wml7

« Reply #2028 on: September 05, 2013, 10:55:28 am »
no way that QOTSA are headlining verizon.  *maybe* if grohl is sitting in for the show... otherwise, no way.

They are playing Barclays and that's pretty big.  Their set at Made in America was great.  Nice backdrop too, which they didn't have the times I saw them in Chicago.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2029 on: September 05, 2013, 11:02:48 am »

They are playing Barclays and that's pretty big.  Their set at Made in America was great.  Nice backdrop too, which they didn't have the times I saw them in Chicago.

right, but DC isn't new york.  i'm willing to bet that they won't sell out barclays.
<sig>

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #2030 on: September 05, 2013, 11:08:11 am »
the fact that they havent played dc in almost a decade could play into it too

not saying i expect it (and id prefer patriot for just about every reason) but it isnt that farfetched to me

wml7

« Reply #2031 on: September 05, 2013, 11:12:34 am »
If Black Keys play verizon queens can too
 ;D

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2032 on: September 05, 2013, 11:16:43 am »
Isn't the real question why we haven't gotten a Lana Del Rey tour date yet?
LVMH

stevewizzle

« Reply #2033 on: September 05, 2013, 11:34:07 am »
Isn't the real question why we haven't gotten a Lana Del Rey tour date yet?

seth addressed this a few weeks back. iirc- 930 signs up for tour dates, and the tour never happens

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2034 on: September 05, 2013, 11:46:25 am »
seth addressed this a few weeks back. iirc- 930 signs up for tour dates, and the tour never happens
Wow, thanks for the info. I don't understand her trepidation against touring the US. She seems willing to do Europe but never here. It can't still be the SNL backlash that cancelled her first tour.
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #2035 on: September 05, 2013, 12:51:09 pm »
I'm just confused by their popularity, I mean, I fucking love the band. They're my favorite band and have been for years. I just see bands that are popular now and playing Merriweather have like...songs on the radio and in commercials and shit. Queens have none of that. I heard "Smooth Sailing" in like a Mountain Dew commercial recently and I kind of freaked out hahaha. But, I guess I wouldn't be surprised if they could play at the Patriot Center... I saw Muse, The White Stripes and Kings Of Leon there. Not bad if you can get floor tickets.

They could play in a fucking parking lot for $100 and I'll still pay and go. JUST PLAY DC GOD DAMN IT.

I don't find it confusing. They're one of the best live bands around. They've sold millions of LPs if you put them all together. 10,000 seats in the 7th (or is it 8th?) largest metro area in the country sounds right.
I just like consider them my little underdog band hahaha I feel like I can't get away from how obsessed I am with them, that's why seeing them co-headline or whatever in Philly over the weekend kind of threw me for a loop. BUT, they are one of the best live bands around. Also believe their last album was their first #1 album.... I'll also attribute that to fans and people buying less records these days.

BUT, I still want them to play in DC. Anywhere. Them playing Barclays is surprising to me... Barclays is just about the same size as Verizon.

I feel like Muse was shoved down the mainstreams throat a few years ago and played Patriot Center to half the arena... I believe now they're at Merriweather... But, we'll see. I can see Queens at Merriweather...
‼‼?‼‼

DotTheEyes

« Reply #2036 on: September 05, 2013, 12:55:57 pm »
Quote from: DeathFromAbove1979 link
I feel like Muse was shoved down the mainstreams throat a few years ago and played Patriot Center to half the arena... I believe now they're at Merriweather... But, we'll see. I can see Queens at Merriweather...
You mean the Killers?  Muse are playing Verizon Center this fall.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #2037 on: September 05, 2013, 02:42:53 pm »
Naw, this was years ago I saw Muse at the Pat Center... I didn't know Muse was playing Verizon. About time lol. Didn't they play Merriweather last time they were here?
‼‼?‼‼

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2038 on: September 05, 2013, 03:46:19 pm »
you know . . . if julian was and is atomic . . . hats off.  well played, sir, well played, indeed.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2039 on: September 05, 2013, 03:51:13 pm »
when i think of julian/atomic assange . . . i think that at some point of his brilliantly beautiful life, he looked as such