Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1456602 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #2070 on: September 19, 2013, 11:23:43 am »
Caspian, 65daysofstatic, The World Is a Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid to Die
11/25
Rock & Roll Hotel

now . . . thats a name.  how do you even begin to acronym that?

uhh... TWIABP&IANLA2D?
<sig>

« Reply #2071 on: September 20, 2013, 12:00:43 pm »
Nellie McCay
10/30/13 Reston, VA The Center Stage: Reston Community Center United

I know Hutch will be all over that

edit..
well only if he knows some one from Reston!
 Tickets: $20 (R), $40 (NR)

(R) Reston residents
(NR) Non-Reston types

tickets
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 12:03:52 pm by Sidehatch »
slack

hutch

« Reply #2072 on: September 20, 2013, 02:07:59 pm »
Nellie McCay
10/30/13 Reston, VA The Center Stage: Reston Community Center United

I know Hutch will be all over that

edit..
well only if he knows some one from Reston!
 Tickets: $20 (R), $40 (NR)

(R) Reston residents
(NR) Non-Reston types

tickets

i'm good...seen her twice now... she's fabulous. $40 is a bit much...

« Reply #2073 on: September 23, 2013, 02:13:05 pm »
Kanye West's Verizon Center show is now on Ticketmaster.
 $199.50

Do you at least get a reach around at this price?
or at least a "I went to a Kanye concert, was raped, but at least I got this cheap ass t-shirt" shirt

The pricing for these concerts are just crazy.  They keep saying that it's to stop scalpers...but that just BS as the scalpers buy them and then just mark them up more

not sure I'd see him for free...
slack

atomic

« Reply #2074 on: September 23, 2013, 02:17:37 pm »
 $199.50

or at least a "I went to a Kanye concert, was raped, but at least I got this cheap ass t-shirt" shirt

The pricing for these concerts are just crazy.  They keep saying that it's to stop scalpers...but that just BS as the scalpers buy them and then just mark them up more

I wouldn't.  He has been at festivals I have attended and I did not see him.   Saw Manu Chao in 2006 as he was playing at the same time as Kanye and I didn't even know who Manu Chao was but it was a good choice on my part. 

Yada

« Reply #2075 on: September 23, 2013, 02:31:15 pm »
 $199.50

I would actually need paid to go see him... with drinks, a pre show dinner, and a ride to and from the venue included.

bearman🐻

« Reply #2076 on: September 23, 2013, 03:22:34 pm »
Cher
4/4/2014
Verizon Center

;D

Didn't Cher already have her "Farewell Tour".

I think this will be the gay marriage tour and they'll throw in a bunch of homages to "Showgirls". Versayce is doing the costumes for the dancers. I pray someone will throw some marbles onto the stage and then the real fun will begin. And I like the thought that somebody said of zombies. Lots of apocalyptic costume changes. That'd be fun.

hutch

« Reply #2077 on: September 23, 2013, 09:11:21 pm »
 $199.50

I would not see him for free but then again I don't like that kind of music

but I don't understand your point..it really makes no sense... even if the scalpers buy the tickets at 199 or whatever isntead of say 99, kanye is collecting 100 more, right? are you saying he should give all that to the scalpers?

the stones recently toured... all the scalpers and resellers were furious because the stones priced the tickets so high there was little resale activity/margin... i think its brilliant... why shouldn't the artist get the money?

the stones tour pretty much sold out everywhere.. the prices were obscene and, yes killsally, espensive! but it sold out so if other people are willing to pay i don't see why you wouldn't charge that...

hutch

« Reply #2078 on: September 23, 2013, 09:14:30 pm »
great news about gogol bordello..it has been a while since they played the club....i wonder how much they will charge..i  could see them pushing up to $40.. hope i'm wrong..

« Reply #2079 on: September 23, 2013, 09:29:10 pm »

the stones recently toured... all the scalpers and resellers were furious because the stones priced the tickets so high there was little resale activity/margin... i think its brilliant... why shouldn't the artist get the money?

well I agree that the band should get all the money...
I think it wouldn't be too darn hard to come up with a system where you can't resell them directly, but the ticket vendor (ticketbastard) could charge another convenience fee if there was a buyer available (you could have a waiting list)
That way scalpers couldn't really get away with it and ticketbastard would be happy because they can make money on 1 ticket 2 or more times
and the band gets all the money they agreed to
Your name should be printed on the ticket with the +1,2,3 or 4 for the additional you have...

I'm just dreaming, but $199 for any show...man that had better be front row, a drink, a shirt and a hand shake (or bj) from the artist
slack

hutch

« Reply #2080 on: September 23, 2013, 09:47:54 pm »

well I agree that the band should get all the money...
I think it wouldn't be too darn hard to come up with a system where you can't resell them directly, but the ticket vendor (ticketbastard) could charge another convenience fee if there was a buyer available (you could have a waiting list)
That way scalpers couldn't really get away with it and ticketbastard would be happy because they can make money on 1 ticket 2 or more times
and the band gets all the money they agreed to
Your name should be printed on the ticket with the +1,2,3 or 4 for the additional you have...

I'm just dreaming, but $199 for any show...man that had better be front row, a drink, a shirt and a hand shake (or bj) from the artist

so you are saying you want musicians to ask for less money than people want to pay them?

some artists care more about their fans than others... some underprice their shows.....but in the US its all about the benjamins.. kind of been that way forever although it seems to me its gotten more crass since Reagan..

I am thinking of AC/DC on their last tour... 2008 or 09... they hadn't toured in a really long time.. like 8 years .. demand was reall high.. so what do they do? decide to charge $99 for every seat and make all the good seats paperless/non transferable... then they had a real presale for their fanclub....not one of those fake presales....i got a second row center ticket for $99... by my estimate they left  a nice chunk of change on the table for that seat... but bands that give a shit about the fans are rare..at least once they get big

Vas Deferens

« Reply #2081 on: September 23, 2013, 10:19:20 pm »
gogol is $35 and both shows now on sale
(_|_)

atomic

« Reply #2082 on: September 24, 2013, 12:12:40 am »
What bands would you pay 200 dollars to see?  For front row seats probably U2 and Arcade Fire. Maybe Muse.  Other bands worth that much I have already seen from the front.  Like Yeahs yeah yeahs and Fling lips.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2083 on: September 24, 2013, 09:32:36 am »
heres another goodie from the gourd.

http://www.newswire.net/newsroom/pr/00077050-amritavarsham60-j-mascis.html

that album for amma, is awesome.
Wasn't as big on that album for amma, but Ammaring on the first J + The Fog record is incredible. That whole record is amazing, probably only like 3 Dino Jr albums are ahead of it IMHO.
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #2084 on: September 24, 2013, 10:20:14 am »
Gogol Bordello
12/27, 12/28
9:30 Club

sorry to post here, bubs, god i love that cat lil bub, but anyway, how is gb nowadays? anybody?  my friend and i love them.  love them, and it was a shock to each of us when we discovered.  this show would be awesome for us to go to and bond, high fiving all the way.  awesome.  anybody?
Worth it worth it worth it. You will not regret it. One of the few bands I'd gladly pay like $100 to see. So good. Might go both nights. On sale date?
‼‼?‼‼