Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1456630 times)

hutch

Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #2445 on: December 12, 2013, 12:58:45 pm »

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #2446 on: December 12, 2013, 01:07:50 pm »
i'm sorry.. sixth and i just doesn't strike me as the place i want to see primal scream...

You complain too much about venues.  What is wrong with Sixth and I. Polyphonic Spree were amazing there.  Hope Sandoval sounded good there too.

I have seen Primal Scream a bunch of times and I would think this is a great venue to see them in. 

I would think 6th and I would be perfect for Hope Sandoval... no idea who Polyphonic Spree are other than a band Walky keeps yammering about...

I saw Chris Cornell there doing a solo acoustic show and for that it was great..

I just think Primal Scream is a rocking out band....they should have been booked for U Street Hall...

my only real complaint is always the same: I don't like seeing rock bands in places not created for rock shows....DAR is the same....my friend was talking to the roadies after Fogerty in Baltimore and they were laughing about how shitty DAR was and that they would only deploy 6 out of 30 or some such lights/stage props/not sure what.. in other words DAR was going to get a limited presentation of Fogerty's show on this tour....

and maybe I'm wrong about Primal Scream playing 6th and I...maybe it will be great..who the fuck knows..until the show.

And the 930 club is made for rock shows?    Sixth & I blows the 930 club away.    I can't imagine anyone prefering 930 for any show over Sixth & I. 
Lol this fucking guy.
‼‼?‼‼

atomic

« Reply #2447 on: December 12, 2013, 02:03:21 pm »

And the 930 club is made for rock shows?    Sixth & I blows the 930 club away.    I can't imagine anyone prefering 930 for any show over Sixth & I. 

Come on, I'm a vocal critic of the club but even I think this is overly assy. YES, the 9:30 Club is made for rock shows. NO, the 6th and I Synagogue was not made for rock shows but they hold them there anyway.

You really think 930 club was made for rock shows? I was first there when it was called the WUST music hall back in 1984 it was nothng more than a big room.  I mean the same as an old warehouse.  Do you really think 930 club is designed with accoustics in mind?  I am sure some thought was put into the Synagogue with accoustics.  The 930 club is just like a 1000 other clubs around the country.  The sixth and I Synagogue is like no other venue I have ever been to.

What the 930 club has going for it is the bands that play there.  If Seth started not knowing how to run a rock club anymore and booked shitty bands I would never go there again.  I mean to me I like the Black Cat better as it is smaller but the Black Cat doesn't get as many bands that I want to see.  I like the Ottobar better as it is closer to my house and it is smaller.  They are basically all the same though.  An empty room with a stage. 

^reductionism at its finest..

Well actually the best venue to see a show in DC is Warner Theater but IMP stopped having their shows there long ago. 

Yada

« Reply #2448 on: December 12, 2013, 02:20:11 pm »

Come on, I'm a vocal critic of the club but even I think this is overly assy. YES, the 9:30 Club is made for rock shows. NO, the 6th and I Synagogue was not made for rock shows but they hold them there anyway.

You really think 930 club was made for rock shows? I was first there when it was called the WUST music hall back in 1984 it was nothng more than a big room.  I mean the same as an old warehouse.  Do you really think 930 club is designed with accoustics in mind?  I am sure some thought was put into the Synagogue with accoustics.  The 930 club is just like a 1000 other clubs around the country.  The sixth and I Synagogue is like no other venue I have ever been to.

What the 930 club has going for it is the bands that play there.  If Seth started not knowing how to run a rock club anymore and booked shitty bands I would never go there again.  I mean to me I like the Black Cat better as it is smaller but the Black Cat doesn't get as many bands that I want to see.  I like the Ottobar better as it is closer to my house and it is smaller.  They are basically all the same though.  An empty room with a stage. 

Well actually the best venue to see a show in DC is Warner Theater but IMP stopped having their shows there long ago. 

Keep your opinions up in Bawlmore.

atomic

« Reply #2449 on: December 12, 2013, 02:30:47 pm »

Keep your opinions up in Bawlmore.

I don't understand you guys at all.

« Reply #2450 on: December 12, 2013, 03:04:09 pm »
Black Joe Lewis
2/8
9:30 Club

Oh Hell YEAH!

Who that makin all that funky noise
is that the Honeybear horns makin all that noise
slack

« Reply #2451 on: December 13, 2013, 10:56:16 pm »
Daft Punk
January 17
Hamilton

Surprised to see them play this venue..maybe they are trying to shake things up...they'd been getting pigeonholed as the place to see New Orleans music..

?? did you mean the daft phunk show on Jan 21?

sorry .. I guess its on January 21...my bad.

ok...everybody this is Daft Phunk...let's get the names stright
slack

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2452 on: December 13, 2013, 11:43:20 pm »
isnt this like the second, omg, daft punk is playing, then, oh wait, ive seen around here lately?

atomic

« Reply #2453 on: December 14, 2013, 01:06:33 am »
isnt this like the second, omg, daft punk is playing, then, oh wait, ive seen around here lately?

Unless the venue is as big as Nationals Park daft punk isn't playing there.  The pyramid isn't fitting into some tiny venue.   I guess people on here don't realize how huge Daft Punk is.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2454 on: December 14, 2013, 09:18:00 am »
you dont actually think that stage set up will ever be used again?  that would be dumb.

atomic

« Reply #2455 on: December 14, 2013, 01:02:16 pm »
you dont actually think that stage set up will ever be used again?  that would be dumb.

The pyramid was the highlight of the show for me.  Watching two guys start the tape isn't that exciting. Without 2 robots on top of a pyramid what do you have?

« Reply #2456 on: December 16, 2013, 03:25:50 pm »
Lorde
Echostage
3/7

Nice!...not so nice on the price
4000 person gen admin sounds dicey
It's all ages so it will be a bunch of teenagers and I can trample them all day long
think there will be a mosh pit  ;D

Does anyone know of any advanced sale links or the like
slack

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2457 on: December 16, 2013, 03:30:14 pm »
it will be just like this.  you know it will

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a4oJLh8BWg

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2458 on: December 16, 2013, 03:56:16 pm »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2459 on: January 07, 2014, 06:41:50 pm »
There are way too many absurd band names for you to need to make ones up.

yeah, but i wonder how many people actually googled those names.
<sig>