Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1456715 times)

Yada

Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #2580 on: March 19, 2014, 03:57:04 pm »
I really want good tickets to Phish. If there's any pre sale aside from the mail order, that information is greatly appreciated.

has there ever been a presale for phish?  i thought they demanded lottery only, followed by on sale date only, to make it fair for phans, but, i might, be, wrong.

yes, there was last year... maybe other years as well.

atomic

« Reply #2581 on: March 23, 2014, 11:47:02 am »
Man so many good shows coming up:  Lorde, Lana Del Rey, First Aid kit, Rufus wainwright and I can't go to any of them.  I should have waited until I was old to impregnate the wife.  Too young for this.

hutch

« Reply #2582 on: March 23, 2014, 01:21:07 pm »
Man so many good shows coming up:  Lorde, Lana Del Rey, First Aid kit, Rufus wainwright and I can't go to any of them.  I should have waited until I was old to impregnate the wife.  Too young for this.

You can''t go to shows cause your wife is pregnant? She can't either?

color me confused unless its a difficult pregnancy and your wife is bedridden for the duration or something...

We went to see Depeche Mode before our first child was born and its a good memory. I went to see a band that is really special to me that came from very far away and never will come back a week before my second..that is a very special show for me...

Its a very personal decision but the way you write about it so matter of factly, as if it were the most normal thing to do in the world, is a little unsettling...

It is almost like you are trying hard in your posts to live up to that ridiculous stereotype you were posting in your early days about how when people have children they have no life...

atomic

« Reply #2583 on: March 23, 2014, 03:11:47 pm »

You can''t go to shows cause your wife is pregnant? She can't either?

color me confused unless its a difficult pregnancy and your wife is bedridden for the duration or something...

We went to see Depeche Mode before our first child was born and its a good memory. I went to see a band that is really special to me that came from very far away and never will come back a week before my second..that is a very special show for me...

Its a very personal decision but the way you write about it so matter of factly, as if it were the most normal thing to do in the world, is a little unsettling...

It is almost like you are trying hard in your posts to live up to that ridiculous stereotype you were posting in your early days about how when people have children they have no life...

Well funny I don't see too many 7 + month pregnant women at shows.  It might be fine for you as you go to shows filled with people in their 70's. But I am not taking my pregnant wife to the Preakness infield.  Your life your decision.

James Ford

« Reply #2584 on: March 23, 2014, 03:20:22 pm »
Why can't you go to the shows alone or with other friends?

Who wears the pants in your family, anyway?  ;D

hutch

« Reply #2585 on: March 23, 2014, 06:43:37 pm »

Well funny I don't see too many 7 + month pregnant women at shows.  It might be fine for you as you go to shows filled with people in their 70's. But I am not taking my pregnant wife to the Preakness infield.  Your life your decision.

just pointing out the hypocrisy of your pre-preggers and post-preggers posts.... you're the one who has given up his life as was lock stock and barrell and is even bragging about it!

As far as what normally 7 months pregnant  women can and can't do I think its pretty established the best thing normally pregnant women can do is stay physically active..go for walks..drink lots of water..do stuff...obviously you need to use common sense but if she's staying in the bedroom in bed with the curtains drawn while you are in the room next door typing your innane ramblings on this board then I will just tell you that is very 19th century.

and I thought you were a Depeche Mode fan?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 07:43:38 pm by hutch »

James Ford

« Reply #2586 on: March 23, 2014, 07:01:47 pm »
Atomic's wife is seven months old? Wow, that really is 19th Century.

IMO, your wife will need you around more after she gives birth than at the 7+ month point of pregnancy.

And my apologies to all of the baby hating hipsters for helping to contribute to the divergence of another thread.

hutch

« Reply #2587 on: March 23, 2014, 07:27:05 pm »

IMO, your wife will need you around more after she gives birth than at the 7+ month point of pregnancy.

second this big time

atomic

« Reply #2588 on: March 24, 2014, 12:17:50 am »

just pointing out the hypocrisy of your pre-preggers and post-preggers posts.... you're the one who has given up his life as was lock stock and barrell and is even bragging about it!

As far as what normally 7 months pregnant  women can and can't do I think its pretty established the best thing normally pregnant women can do is stay physically active..go for walks..drink lots of water..do stuff...obviously you need to use common sense but if she's staying in the bedroom in bed with the curtains drawn while you are in the room next door typing your innane ramblings on this board then I will just tell you that is very 19th century.

and I thought you were a Depeche Mode fan?

Hmm I don't think doing beer bongs at the Preakness is recommended.  Why would I be in the next room.  I can type my innane ramblings with her in the bed next to me.  In fact, she is giving me a hummer as I type this.  Helps her stay physically active.

hutch

« Reply #2589 on: March 24, 2014, 09:03:36 am »

In fact, she is giving me a hummer as I type this.  Helps her stay physically active.

I can't compete with this....I'm out.

azaghal1981

« Reply #2590 on: March 24, 2014, 09:05:38 am »
Sexism, racism, next he'll attack Walkies for being gay.
احمد

atomic

« Reply #2591 on: March 24, 2014, 09:08:34 am »
Sexism, racism, next he'll attack Walkies for being gay.

Sexism?  racism?  You know Muslim is not a race?

azaghal1981

« Reply #2592 on: March 24, 2014, 09:28:37 am »
You cited the Arabic under my posts.
احمد

medeski7

« Reply #2593 on: March 24, 2014, 06:36:49 pm »
I really want good tickets to Phish. If there's any pre sale aside from the mail order, that information is greatly appreciated.

has there ever been a presale for phish?  i thought they demanded lottery only, followed by on sale date only, to make it fair for phans, but, i might, be, wrong.

yes, there was last year... maybe other years as well.

The issue last year is that people posted the information on Phantasytour and the sale was over before it even started.  Ticketfly should have a way to verify that the pre-sale person is an actual FWB member or someone who patronizes the club or Merriweather more than just for Phish. 

atomic

« Reply #2594 on: March 24, 2014, 08:27:50 pm »
You cited the Arabic under my posts.

There is Arabic under your posts. Most Arabs are Muslims.  How is that anyway Racist?  And for sexist I am the least sexist person on here.  Most of you guys don't like bands with chick singers.