Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1456716 times)

Hexenjagd

Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #2895 on: May 30, 2014, 03:56:39 pm »
You said people who cant wade through the BS throughout the JA thread were lazy.
 ::)
Thanks Kate! I do not understand why some people want to go on and on and on about what they like and dislike, in this thread. 
I don't understand why it bothers anyone. I takes like a tenth of a second to process "show listing" or "discussion of a show listing." It's Orwellian to have another thread to discuss the content of this thread.
I am going to assume that you meant lazy with your "tenth of a second to process" comment.

Hexenjagd

« Reply #2896 on: May 30, 2014, 03:58:34 pm »
But community, right?  Isn't that your buzzword?

Hexenjagd

« Reply #2897 on: May 30, 2014, 03:58:54 pm »
How about we all start triple and quadruple posting in threads?

« Reply #2898 on: May 30, 2014, 03:59:29 pm »
I personally think commentary should go in the commentary thread
just announced should just be shows....if you want to put a comment while you actually post a show...that's ok....but three pages of back and forth are kind of annoying if you want to see just announced...it really is the most viewed thread...and not because of the commentary
so think of all the nameless voyers who come to this board to find out if what new bands are coming to town
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2899 on: May 30, 2014, 04:03:51 pm »
I personally think commentary should go in the commentary thread
just announced should just be shows....if you want to put a comment while you actually post a show...that's ok....but three pages of back and forth are kind of annoying if you want to see just announced...it really is the most viewed thread...and not because of the commentary
so think of all the nameless voyers who come to this board to find out if what new bands are coming to town
In what other thread do we NOT DISCUSS THE VERY TOPIC OF THE THREAD? That's what some people advocating. It's like something out of an Orwell novel. It requires more effort, and kneecaps conversations, so the very very busy people who are able to post multiple times in an hour defending this policy can save a few milliseconds in their review of what shows are Just Announced.
LVMH

Hexenjagd

« Reply #2900 on: May 30, 2014, 04:04:14 pm »
Thank you Sidehatch.  Julian and others who think that the threads (JA and Commentary) should be combined probably DONT use the JA thread for it's intended use - for people to find out about upcoming shows.  

Hexenjagd

« Reply #2901 on: May 30, 2014, 04:05:14 pm »
The point of the thread is announcements.

« Reply #2902 on: May 30, 2014, 04:05:50 pm »
Thank you Sidehatch.  Julian and others who think that the threads (JA and Commentary) should be combined probably DONT use the JA thread for it's intended use - for people to find out about upcoming shows.  
I've found out about lots of shows thru Just Announced, the same as everyone else. This was in no way made more difficult by people discussing the shows.
LVMH

atomic

« Reply #2903 on: May 30, 2014, 04:06:28 pm »

If you did you would miss a lot of big shows.  Seems meaningless shows are mentioned while huge shows that people want to go to aren't posted all the time because well people think it is cooler to post the small no one heard of shows.  

Hexenjagd

« Reply #2904 on: May 30, 2014, 04:06:34 pm »
YeS it IS.

four pages of discussion is too much.

Hexenjagd

« Reply #2905 on: May 30, 2014, 04:07:27 pm »
I use showlistdc's site to find out about most shows, or Facebook.  But the JA thread is for announcements.

Hexenjagd

« Reply #2906 on: May 30, 2014, 04:07:50 pm »
End of discussion.  Use this thread.  Quit being lazy.

atomic

« Reply #2907 on: May 30, 2014, 04:08:05 pm »
YeS it IS.

four pages of discussion is too much.

Maybe we could make it so only one person could post to that thread and then if you wanted something in Just Announced you could email that person.

« Reply #2908 on: May 30, 2014, 04:08:25 pm »
The point of the thread is announcements.

Its a messageboard. The point if every thread is discussions. As I've pointed out a hundred times, if you want a dry, factual recitation of show listings, ShowlistDC exists.

I will continue to post any show-related feelings I have in Just Announced. You're smart enough to discern that I probably am not slipping a show listing in a paragraph long post and can ignore it.
LVMH

atomic

« Reply #2909 on: May 30, 2014, 04:08:35 pm »
I use showlistdc's site to find out about most shows, or Facebook.  But the JA thread is for announcements.

If you use SHowlist DC site than why do you even read just announced.