Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1455713 times)

Space Freely

Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #3870 on: October 28, 2015, 11:59:32 am »

I wholeheartedly encourage you to give them another shot.  I mean, how often do hutch, bearman, azaghal, and myself all endorse the same thing?

I bet you're all into masturbation.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3871 on: October 28, 2015, 12:39:28 pm »
Sidebar: last night I had a dream that I was biking through the city and saw Sweetcell standing on the corner talking to a woman and as I rode by I yelled "SWEETCELL" and the look you gave me was so withering and contemptuous that my dream became a nightmare for a few seconds but then I proceeded on to other adventures, the end.

well wouldn't you know it - that WAS you!!!  i was wondering what you were doing in my dream.  i was having a perfectly fine conversation with a woman that i probably shouldn't have been speaking to so i resented you yelling my name - it could have drawn unnecessary attention to me.  the woman left shortly thereafter, and i proceeded to build a pyramid out of small blue tigers while falling endlessly.
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3872 on: October 28, 2015, 12:52:12 pm »
Sidebar: last night I had a dream that I was biking through the city and saw Sweetcell standing on the corner talking to a woman and as I rode by I yelled "SWEETCELL" and the look you gave me was so withering and contemptuous that my dream became a nightmare for a few seconds but then I proceeded on to other adventures, the end.

well wouldn't you know it - that WAS you!!!  i was wondering what you were doing in my dream.  i was having a perfectly fine conversation with a woman that i probably shouldn't have been speaking to so i resented you yelling my name - it could have drawn unnecessary attention to me.  the woman left shortly thereafter, and i proceeded to build a pyramid out of small blue tigers while falling endlessly.
I believe this is the plot of Inception.
LVMH

ggw

« Reply #3873 on: October 28, 2015, 01:00:49 pm »
i proceeded to build a pyramid out of small blue tigers while falling endlessly.

Sounds like the last time I hung out with The Director...

vansmack

« Reply #3874 on: October 28, 2015, 01:27:47 pm »
i was having a perfectly fine conversation with a woman that i probably shouldn't have been speaking to

Dibs on your wife.

i proceeded to build a pyramid out of small blue tigers while falling endlessly.

Sounds like the last time I hung out with The Director...

Confirmed.  There were tigers.
27>34

Space Freely

« Reply #3875 on: October 28, 2015, 01:28:01 pm »
It's funny that you guys were having dreams about each other last night. My dream last night involved Joanna Newsom.

And she wasn't singing.

bearman🐻

« Reply #3876 on: October 28, 2015, 01:56:42 pm »

I wholeheartedly encourage you to give them another shot.  I mean, how often do hutch, bearman, azaghal, and myself all endorse the same thing?

Well, duh.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3877 on: October 28, 2015, 02:04:04 pm »
Dibs on your wife.

well that was fast...
<sig>

killsaly

« Reply #3878 on: October 28, 2015, 02:07:57 pm »
I initially avoided Feelies because of their atrocious name, but after hearing a couple songs, I started avoiding them based on their music (I also wasn't able to get into Yo La Tengo or Belle and Sebastian, two other forum favorites, based on just a few songs).   Is there a particular Feelies album or era, that I should check out?  I try to give everything a chance (but sometimes when I do not like the first couple songs I hear by a band, I give up on them)...

« Reply #3879 on: October 28, 2015, 02:11:32 pm »

Well, duh.
I know...we breath air too
slack

emmanuel

« Reply #3880 on: October 28, 2015, 02:29:51 pm »
I initially avoided Feelies because of their atrocious name, but after hearing a couple songs, I started avoiding them based on their music (I also wasn't able to get into Yo La Tengo or Belle and Sebastian, two other forum favorites, based on just a few songs).   Is there a particular Feelies album or era, that I should check out?  I try to give everything a chance (but sometimes when I do not like the first couple songs I hear by a band, I give up on them)...

I saw them once and thought it was nothing special. Maybe they have great albums, but I was not excited by the live show (it was still worth it once though)

ggw

« Reply #3881 on: October 28, 2015, 02:33:13 pm »

I've always been partial to The Good Earth, although I think most people would say Crazy Rhythms is their best.  I thought the last one - Here Before - was phenomenally good.  Only Life has some great tracks but overall feels like they were trying a little too hard for the radio-friendly "college rock" sound.

hutch

« Reply #3882 on: October 28, 2015, 02:34:14 pm »

well everyone should hear crazy rhythms... herky jerky....at times you can hear Luna in it so much its kind of crazy...

the second one, the good earth, is different..a different band in  a way.. coming like six years after crazy rhythms...but its great...gentler though...

they have no bad albums..time for a witness is great too....

ggw

« Reply #3883 on: October 28, 2015, 02:36:26 pm »

Not everyone likes B&S

« Reply #3884 on: October 28, 2015, 02:46:45 pm »

Not everyone likes B&S

I liked bearman's response to Charlie aka Rhett aka Space
interesting to see some of the same players here as in 2006 on that thread
slack