Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1455424 times)

Unsanity

Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #3960 on: November 24, 2015, 06:23:20 am »
I would love to see Iron Butterfly if Doug Ingle was still in the band. He was the main guy! He's been out for 15+ years and they're still going? Dang. I forgot Lee Dorman died as well. Bummer...

« Reply #3961 on: November 24, 2015, 10:47:26 am »

don't know if the dc show was announced hereparts

Iron Butterfly
11-30
jammin java, jammin java

The old drummer, plus some guy who joined the band 30 years after they formed, and a bunch of guys who mostly have been with the group since 2015? 

Ya know I spent about 5 seconds trying to determine how many original members were left
but their website was not very forthcoming, should have gone straight to wikiapedia

Jeez... Their former member list is insane. 
kinda the reverse spinal tap...only the drummer lives
slack

killsaly

« Reply #3962 on: November 24, 2015, 12:27:34 pm »
Yep... Cover band. 

moeszyslak

« Reply #3963 on: November 24, 2015, 01:11:12 pm »
Normally I would agree that it is cover band, but that drum solo on In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida holds a special place in my heart.  If it is the same guy playing the drum solo for In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, then that is all the original members I need.

killsaly

« Reply #3964 on: November 24, 2015, 01:24:43 pm »
Last sentence in Wiki:
At present, Ron Bushy remains a member of Iron Butterfly but is not performing due to his health concerns, leaving Weston as sole drummer for the band at current appearances.

According to Iron Butterfly Website:

Ray Weston
Drums
Ray was a longtime member of Wishbone Ash and joined the house bands for Viva Cabaret with Tom Jones. He returned to Wishbone Ash in 1997 ? 2007. In 2010 Ray toured 14 countries with Iron Butterfly.

Cover band.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #3965 on: November 24, 2015, 02:38:38 pm »
There was a time when the touring version of The Byrds only featured Michael Clarke, the drummer the band hired just to attract chicks.
😐 🎶

killsaly

« Reply #3966 on: December 02, 2015, 03:40:49 pm »
no parking anywhere near the black cat for the last year or so...

I hate going out on valentine's day.
more like 3-4 years
I remember back in the 90's you could park right in front of the club...but you needed The Club or your car could be gone before you came back
I do not really like the venue at all.  Parking definitely takes away from going to shows there.  I have ofttimes had to spend as much time driving around in circles as I do driving to the area from right below Annapolis.

The sound is also trash.  SO bad.  Sold out shows are horrible, and can range from uncomfortable, to unbearable.  The backstage part of it can be ok for shows, but even that is almost not worth going to because of the insanity of getting there via driving. 

That being said, it is a necessary evil and I do go to it, but I minimize the amount of times that I do.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #3967 on: December 02, 2015, 10:14:21 pm »
Parking isn't so bad if you don't mind walking a bit.  Not like it used to be, for sure.

I'm more miffed that Protomartyr is playing Valentine's Day.  This will be a tough con job with the wifey.

hutch

« Reply #3968 on: December 03, 2015, 10:43:43 am »
for PIL I found a great parking spot... it was a weeknight about 8 but there was a whole area full of spots....its by that school on that diagonal street where you can park in the middle of the street..

promising area.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3969 on: December 03, 2015, 11:36:29 am »
for PIL I found a great parking spot... it was a weeknight about 8 but there was a whole area full of spots....its by that school on that diagonal street where you can park in the middle of the street..

promising area.

wow, you got lucky... as a former resident of that area, those diagonal parking spots were always full.  i wonder if they've changed the rules, like needing to move your car by 7 am, making it less attractive for locals. 
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #3970 on: December 03, 2015, 11:42:21 am »

promising area.

wow, you got lucky... as a former resident of that area, those diagonal parking spots were always full.  i wonder if they've changed the rules, like needing to move your car by 7 am, making it less attractive for locals. 

I think you're thinking of different ones.. I'm talking about right next to this school people can park in the middle of the street but its a street that runs diagonally... anyways, sorry I can't do better to describe it..

« Reply #3971 on: December 03, 2015, 11:47:34 am »
curious how many posts on this board involve parking??
1000's
slack

bearman🐻

« Reply #3972 on: December 04, 2015, 10:58:47 am »
Did I miss this?

Slayer, Testament, Carcass
March 5
FSS
badass

I don't need to see Slayer ever again but this is too good to pass up.

So funny, I thought the same thing. Solid lineup.

Relaxer

« Reply #3973 on: December 04, 2015, 11:33:48 am »
I have not been impressed with recordings I've heard of Slayer's current line-up. I know that trying to differentiate nuance in a Slayer performance is a weird endeavor, but I'm bummed how much they've dropped in quality since losing Lombardo and Hanneman
oword

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #3974 on: December 04, 2015, 02:40:26 pm »
I completely agree. Hanneman and Lombardo made the band as far as I'm concerned.

If prices are reasonable I may go and just leave during their set.