Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1456013 times)

Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #4125 on: February 09, 2016, 03:52:32 pm »
I think he means it in the way that someone who was raised in DC grew up with the Washington Bullets
I think saying Minor Threat would be more apropos
slack

bob72

« Reply #4126 on: February 09, 2016, 03:53:30 pm »
I think he means it in the way that someone who was raised in DC grew up with the Washington Bullets
yes that is what I meant, although a fun fact (really only fun to me) is that I lived only two blocks away from him and we graduated from the same high school, albeit he is 5 years older than me so I never actually knew him.

I say that like it means something, but it really doesn't mean shit lol
PENIS

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4127 on: February 09, 2016, 03:53:33 pm »
I disagree, the Washington Minor Threats would be a weird name for a basketball team.
LVMH

« Reply #4128 on: February 09, 2016, 04:03:53 pm »
I disagree, the Washington Minor Threats would be a weird name for a basketball team.
although it'd make a great rollerderby team
slack

« Reply #4129 on: February 09, 2016, 04:07:06 pm »
although it'd make a great rollerderby team
Miss P would agree, I'm sure.
LVMH

Relaxer

« Reply #4130 on: February 09, 2016, 04:09:00 pm »

True story: That's what I originally posted, but then I thought "Well, Minor Threat weren't really around all that long, so what's a DC band that's been around forever? Ahh who cares, let's go with the Reds.... oh wait, I try not to say that. Fuck it, THE BULLETS."

And thus my rich tapestry of an emotional arc was complete.
oword

Relaxer

« Reply #4131 on: February 09, 2016, 04:09:44 pm »
Every post should be a journey.
oword

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4132 on: February 09, 2016, 04:24:09 pm »
TAN/JOURNEY: i saw SP at  the tower theater in 2007, and after the show i stumbled into billy slowly walking to his tour bus, surrounded by a gaggle of (mostly) fangirls.  he was trying to be nice'ish to the young ladies but they quickly became annoying as f*ck.  one girl's question: "mmmm, ok... ok... (giggles) no, okay... here goes - i mean, i'm REALLY nervous, but anyways (fans her face)... mmmm, ok.  sooooooo: billy, if you were - NANCY STOP LAUGHING THIS IS SERIOUS!!!  sorry about that, i mean, she's an idiot, ok, anyways: billy, if you were a cake, what kind of a cake would you be?"  she had pen and paper in hand, ready to take notes.  billy looked at her incredulously, rambled off an answer and disappeared into the bus.

the red sox made it into the world series that same night in 2007.  i almost felt like asking billy for his opinion on this development, but didn't want to be mixed in with the teenie-boopers.

the end.
<sig>

« Reply #4133 on: February 09, 2016, 04:26:03 pm »
TAN/JOURNEY: i saw SP at  the tower theater in 2007, and after the show i stumbled into billy slowly walking to his tour bus, surrounded by a gaggle of (mostly) fangirls.  he was trying to be nice'ish to the young ladies but they quickly became annoying as f*ck.  one girl's question: "mmmm, ok... ok... (giggles) no, okay... here goes - i mean, i'm REALLY nervous, but anyways (fans her face)... mmmm, ok.  sooooooo: billy, if you were - NANCY STOP LAUGHING THIS IS SERIOUS!!!  sorry about that, i mean, she's an idiot, ok, anyways: billy, if you were a cake, what kind of a cake would you be?"  she had pen and paper in hand, ready to take notes.  billy looked at her incredulously, rambled off an answer and disappeared into the bus.

the red sox made it into the world series that same night in 2007.  i almost felt like asking billy for his opinion on this development, but didn't want to be mixed in with the teenie-boopers.

the end.
Was this after we got drinks? Also, he's a big baseball nut and would've discussed that for 10 minutes.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4134 on: February 09, 2016, 04:59:38 pm »
Was this after we got drinks? Also, he's a big baseball nut and would've discussed that for 10 minutes.

it was indeed that same night.  you might remember that i left the show (during the encore? gossamer?) to catch the last inning of the game.

billy looked like he had had enough of random questions so i didn't pile on...
<sig>

« Reply #4135 on: February 09, 2016, 05:02:54 pm »
you might remember that i left the show (during the encore? gossamer?) to catch the last inning of the game.
Gossamer is one of those things that simply having seen it before was sufficient reason to leave early.

So disappointing when that came up that year. Every show had the question of "hey, are we getting Gossamer or 5 songs I actually want to hear tonight" hanging over it.
LVMH

vansmack

« Reply #4136 on: February 16, 2016, 12:49:34 pm »
Jason Isbell, Chris Stapleton and Frank Turner
June 18 - Columbia, MD - Merriweather Post Pavilion

I predicted Isbell would be back as a headliner, but I can't think of a worse undercard than that.

It's actually billed as a dual headliner.

Frank Turner is the only opening act.
27>34

hutch

« Reply #4137 on: February 16, 2016, 12:51:23 pm »
I don't know anything about Christ Stapleton but Frank Turner rocks...

Space Freely

« Reply #4138 on: February 16, 2016, 01:04:23 pm »

Same show, minus Stapleton, at presumably smaller venues in Philly on 6/18 and Richmond on 6/21.

Space Freely

« Reply #4139 on: February 16, 2016, 01:04:55 pm »

He's a fat, talentless hack.