Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1455731 times)

Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #4410 on: June 02, 2016, 03:08:40 pm »
Pansy Division
Hill Country BBQ
9-22

Kind of an odd venue for a 90's SF punk band?
Featuring primarily gay musicians and focusing mostly on gay-related themes
slack

hutch

« Reply #4411 on: June 02, 2016, 03:46:43 pm »
Pansy Division
Hill Country BBQ
9-22

Kind of an odd venue for a 90's SF punk band?
Featuring primarily gay musicians and focusing mostly on gay-related themes

maybe they're like Tommy Ramone (RIP) and went bluegrass or something?

bob72

« Reply #4412 on: June 06, 2016, 08:19:01 am »
Prophets of Rage

lot of people excited over this collab, and I don't understand why.
PENIS

walk,on,by

« Reply #4413 on: June 06, 2016, 08:59:22 am »
Really, queen?  Name branding , controls a lot of people. The bands, that are associated with this supergroup are the reason why people are losing their shit over it. The simple name, of the bands.

bob72

« Reply #4414 on: June 06, 2016, 09:52:40 am »
Really, queen?  Name branding , controls a lot of people. The bands, that are associated with this supergroup are the reason why people are losing their shit over it. The simple name, of the bands.
nah, I get that. It's always fun to see two musician's you admire work together, but the media (eg Pitchfork, Spin, RS, etc.) are treating it like it's some ground breaking project, and it's not really.

But also I've never really been into Rage, so this doesn't exactly move me like it might others.
PENIS

Yada

« Reply #4415 on: June 06, 2016, 01:20:32 pm »
nah, I get that. It's always fun to see two musician's you admire work together, but the media (eg Pitchfork, Spin, RS, etc.) are treating it like it's some ground breaking project, and it's not really.

But also I've never really been into Rage, so this doesn't exactly move me like it might others.

I agree Bobby...this super group is about as exciting as Axl fronting AC/DC.

hutch

« Reply #4416 on: June 06, 2016, 01:27:48 pm »

hey now...

« Reply #4417 on: June 06, 2016, 11:41:38 pm »

hey now...
so Hutch are you going to that sept 17th show?
there much to be desired about the combination, but watching trainwrecks can be fun
not really $150 fun, but I'd pay $25 for that spectacle

slack

« Reply #4418 on: June 06, 2016, 11:45:54 pm »
The Bangles
8-21

the hoffs still f'n rocks to this old man

that rick' is pretty sweet too
slack

hutch

« Reply #4419 on: June 07, 2016, 12:30:03 am »
I got to tell ya AXL/DC haters that they have been getting phenomenal reviews.... I mean lets be honest, Brian Johnson wasn't cutting it anymore...since like a real long time ago...

Of course the band lost Phil Rudd which is horrible and Malcolm which is doubly horrible..without Mal it ain't AC/DC.. anybody that knows AC/DC knows Mal was the leader... the heartbeat...

But if you think about it as the Axl and Angus show.. I think it sounds killer! Don't get so caught up on the name.. who cares? Angus is alive. Malcolm has advanced dementia... Phil got caught trying to have some pimp killed.. what the fuck are you going to do.. oh and Brian just can't hack it no more and should stick to collecting cars..

I will not go cause it just doesn't rise to the level of a show I need to see for that kind of money.... and I had my fun spending tons of money (For my standards) to see Iggy Pop, Mudcrutch and even my Cure ticket cost a bit and with the babysitter we have to get forget about it..... I've seen AC/DC from the second row center.. with Malcolm, Phil, Angus, Brian.. I'm never going to top that!

But Axl will no doubt do Bon Scott songs better than Brian Johnson currently could.... and for him its a labor of love. .he WANTED the job...

To be honest, I don't get what people hate.. he's doing it cause he loves AC/DC and wants to sing their songs.. what the fuck is wrong with that if Angus is cool with it??? I mean Axl had GNR lined up - which is a pretty time consuming big deal with the reunion.. and a huge moneymaker- but he saw the opportunity with AC/DC and he jumped on it! I think he deserves a lot of respect for that.. maybe its the first cool thing he's done in a few decades but its still cool

most people who don't know shit just come down on it like a gag reflex....but I think if you love AC/DC and you like GNR.. I would imagine this would be a fun show.. rather than seeing Brian doing the exact same songs (mostly Bon Scott songs from before he joined the band BTW so NOT the original singer anyways) they always do you get to see an entirely different singer that in some ways embodies Bon Scott a bit better...

at least that is the way I see it...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 12:33:35 am by Hutch »

bob72

« Reply #4420 on: June 07, 2016, 08:12:21 am »
Don't get so caught up on the name.. who cares?
Thank you

Think of it as a kick ass cover band
PENIS

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #4421 on: June 07, 2016, 01:21:55 pm »
Over the weekend GNR from 2012 [I think at the 02 Arena?] was on VH1 Classic and MAN Axl sounded horrible. He sounded like an old lady dying. Every song. I get that the vocals for GNR would be hard to maintain over almost 30 years, but good lord. I don't know if I could enjoy him singing any GNR tunes 4 years later or any AC/DC songs...
‼‼?‼‼

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #4422 on: June 07, 2016, 05:10:21 pm »
The Bangles
8-21

Same night as Ex Hex at RnRH. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck....
😐 🎶

hutch

« Reply #4423 on: June 14, 2016, 03:01:04 pm »
damn.. its like punk/post-punk announcement week

descendents
buzzcocks
and gang of four

I'm going to try to check out the descendents show!

bearman🐻

« Reply #4424 on: June 14, 2016, 03:32:23 pm »
Descendents always kill at Riotfest. I'm so glad they're actually doing a real tour.