Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1443620 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #4665 on: August 21, 2018, 12:56:06 pm »
My 8 year old and I were chatting about DSO being perhaps the first repeat act at Anthem not counting multiple night stands (Courtney was with Vile first time) and he remarked that last year they also played on December 1...

you forgot to log in to your Space account...
Hutch's child appears to know things in this story. If it was a Space story, the child wouldn’t even know who Dark Star Orchestra is, and their ignorance would be posted as virtue signaling.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 01:15:47 pm by Julian, Semi-Retired WUNDERKIND »
LVMH

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #4666 on: September 28, 2018, 06:34:29 pm »
Steve Earle (solo acoustic)
City Winery
Jan 25
Feb 12
Feb 13

An info on tix?

shemptiness

« Reply #4667 on: October 11, 2018, 10:30:56 am »
Joe Jackson
lincoln
sat, feb 9

Any idea what kind of set he'll be playing?

'Looking for some way to organize a show out of 40 years' worth of material, I decided to draw on five albums, each representing a decade: Look Sharp (1979) Night And Day (1982) Laughter And Lust (1991) Rain (2008) and Fool (2019).'

Presale info?

vansmack

« Reply #4668 on: November 26, 2018, 09:01:58 pm »
Snow Patrol
Anthem
Apr 26

One of the things I've been doing on paternity leave is watch all of Live Aid and Live 8 (there are now YouTube channels for both, BTW), and after seeing Snow Patrol on Live 8, I said, out loud even, "I miss Snow Patrol."

This makes me very happy.
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4669 on: January 30, 2019, 06:09:32 pm »
are people even into Vamp Wknd anymore?...only good stuff came out in 2008 

although both their other albums reached #1 on the us charts...but that's no indicator of quality

I think chart position is probably more indicative of people being into them (or not) than your opinion of their quality.

interesting how when an "indie" band sells a lot, it's because the public perceives quality.  but when a boy band or pop diva sells a lot, it's proof that the public can't perceive quality. 
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #4670 on: January 30, 2019, 06:13:59 pm »
are people even into Vamp Wknd anymore?...only good stuff came out in 2008 

although both their other albums reached #1 on the us charts...but that's no indicator of quality

I think chart position is probably more indicative of people being into them (or not) than your opinion of their quality.

interesting how when an "indie" band sells a lot, it's because the public perceives quality.  but when a boy band or pop diva sells a lot, it's proof that the public can't perceive quality.

Are you saying that's what I'm implying or that's what he's implyng? Because that's not what I was implying.

« Reply #4671 on: January 30, 2019, 06:21:50 pm »

Are you saying that's what I'm implying or that's what he's implyng? Because that's not what I was implying.
So is this a dig at Tyrion Lannister
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4672 on: April 08, 2019, 01:32:27 pm »
I am just constantly in wonder of how pathetic and weak-willed someone must be to have their enjoyment of a concert ruined by someone else in looking at their phone. I would think the ego stroking of getting to declare someone else "not a tr00 music fan" and yourself, by extension, better would be the sort of thing that would fuel many of your fragile self-esteems for another day.

if they were looking at their phone, as in checking their message or surfing the web, i couldn't care less.

the problem, for me, with phones at concerts is that people use them as aerial recording devices: they hold them up over their heads, i.e. in my line of sight if they are in front of me.  i'm mildly photosensitive and the glare of someone's screen (why the eff does everyone have their screen brightness cranked to 100%?!?) diminishes my ability to see the show.  i'm paying to see musicians on stage, not a thousand points of light.  if it was limited to sticking your camera up, taking a pic or three then putting it away, it would be a mild nuisance.  but folks are holding their cameras up for minutes at a time, if not the entire show.

and let's face it: how often do folks go back and watch their grainy concerts vids with unlistenable audio?  there is a chance you might watch it again, meanwhile you're definitely disturbing me.  some might see is as "it's a free country, do what you want".  i believe that "do what you want" should be moderated with some consideration of those around you but YMMV.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4673 on: April 08, 2019, 01:34:23 pm »
maybe at my next show i'll bring a flashlight, turn it on and hold it over my head pointing backwards.  let's see how long that lasts. 

"but it's a free country, brah.  this is how i enjoy shows nowadays."
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
<sig>

« Reply #4675 on: August 13, 2019, 01:11:43 pm »
Soccer Mommy opens for Wilco at Anthem.
sweet...been trying to catch them for the last year or so and something always comes up
slack

Starsky

« Reply #4676 on: August 05, 2021, 08:28:46 pm »
Interesting how little is being announced all of a sudden!!

Could be that people are on vacation, a holding pattern on part of artists and promoters due to renewed covid concerns, for a few weeks everyone getting their schedules out and now it’s set, or a combination of all these factors?

Starsky

« Reply #4677 on: August 30, 2021, 08:53:58 pm »
Bob Dylan announces first show back in Lubbock, TX in October

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #4678 on: August 31, 2021, 09:47:01 am »
How does that even work? Does he have to pay royalties to perform his own songs?

Starsky

« Reply #4679 on: August 31, 2021, 09:51:03 am »
Who?