Author Topic: Stone Roses reunion rumors surface again  (Read 23202 times)

Frank Gallagher

Re: Stone Roses reunion rumors surface again
« Reply #90 on: October 19, 2011, 04:10:04 pm »
Marr is GOD!

I have always considered the Stone Roses as a great band who self destructed too soon. These days though, their album stays in my Jeep because they seem to have morphed into just a drive-to band for me.

Plus...Ian Brown wore the COOLEST T-shirt ever...Did you hear me? EVER!
 ;D
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 04:13:51 pm by Frank Gallagher »

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #91 on: October 19, 2011, 06:39:55 pm »
For Brian:

Jaguar

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #92 on: October 20, 2011, 07:13:09 am »

Popular (rock) music is supposed to be an active, vital thing.  Not something that you look at it in a museum. 

Brian

I'm sorry but since lots of "popular" music is auto-tuned crapola i.e. Patrick Stump "Soul Punk"  or as chosen by the taste makers of "Grey's Anatomy" it's little wonder why there are listeners still actively listening to records from their past.
T.Rex

betao

« Reply #93 on: October 20, 2011, 03:31:22 pm »
I'm 23 years old. I listen to stuff from the 60s, the 70s, 80s, 90s, and today. Stuff that was made well before my time, and stuff last year. I listen to multiple genres.

I care less about when it was made as opposed to what kind of music it is. If I've never heard it before, its new to me. Simple as that.

(seems simple, right?)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #94 on: October 20, 2011, 04:38:23 pm »
I'm 23 years old. I listen to stuff from the 60s, the 70s, 80s, 90s, and today. Stuff that was made well before my time, and stuff last year. I listen to multiple genres.

I care less about when it was made as opposed to what kind of music it is. If I've never heard it before, its new to me. Simple as that.

(seems simple, right?)

you've got it all wrong.  if others have ruined the music because of their interpretations of it, you're not allowed to enjoy it.  it's not about the inherent value of the music, it's what others think of you for listening to it.  pink floyd and the beatles have never produced a single, solitary piece of musical output that you are allowed to enjoy - just ask brian!

(seems moronic, right?)
<sig>

Jaguar

« Reply #95 on: October 20, 2011, 05:32:43 pm »
I'm sorry but since lots of "popular" music is auto-tuned crapola i.e. Patrick Stump "Soul Punk"  or as chosen by the taste makers of "Grey's Anatomy" it's little wonder why there are listeners still actively listening to records from their past.

Never apologize for having enough refined taste and being discriminating enough to be able to discern the difference between 'art' and 'artificial'.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #96 on: October 20, 2011, 05:58:48 pm »
Never apologize for having enough refined taste and being discriminating enough to be able to discern the difference between 'art' and 'artificial'.

or "truth" and "lizard people"

:o
(o|o)

Jaguar

« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2011, 06:02:48 pm »
^ Fuck You!!!

And, yes, I DO mean it, asshole.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 06:07:07 pm by Jaguar »

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #98 on: October 20, 2011, 10:53:54 pm »
 :'(
(o|o)

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #99 on: October 21, 2011, 09:59:19 am »

or "truth" and "lizard people"

:o

I don't know about actual 'lizards' but there's plenty of reptiles on this board alone...

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #100 on: October 21, 2011, 10:11:37 am »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #101 on: October 21, 2011, 10:56:06 am »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-15399917 :o

"In total, fans snapped up 220,000 tickets, priced at £55, within 68 minutes of booking lines opening."

that's almost $20 million in ticket sales, or $6.5m/show.  that kind of money might be enough to get oasis back together...
<sig>

bearman🐻

« Reply #102 on: October 21, 2011, 11:35:52 am »
Oasis did a wonderful thing by breaking up. When they come back in 8 years, 90's nostalgia will be at peak. They can celebrate 25 years of "Definitely Maybe". Mark my words...

hutch

« Reply #103 on: October 21, 2011, 01:03:52 pm »
Oasis did a wonderful thing by breaking up. When they come back in 8 years, 90's nostalgia will be at peak. They can celebrate 25 years of "Definitely Maybe". Mark my words...

I'm sure Oasis will get back together and cash in..

The difference for me is that I admire, enjoy and like the Stone Roses.. whereas Oasis for me always seems to be a band with a handful of good songs and like 5 crap albums- at least- in a row now...I'm not sure how people can keep cutting them slack just because of Definitely Maybe and Whats the story..

Christine Moritz

« Reply #104 on: October 21, 2011, 05:40:01 pm »
If the Stone Roses came to the D.C. area (ideally, to the 9:30 Club), I'd see them.

I didn't get a chance to see them back in the day, as they didn't come to North Carolina.